Author Topic: india  (Read 3408 times)

neil.

india
« on: December 25, 2016, 05:50:32 PM »
any good  parks/shops/spots in india? mostly in mumbai. bangalore, new delhi.

any info would be cool, i found this on the web http://www.redbull.com/in-en/seven-skatepark-heavens-in-india

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: india
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:06:58 PM »
Been to India three times about 4 months total. It's such a brilliant place but skating wise I think you're very much out of luck. It's mostly crusty as fuck and also busy as hell everywhere (for street spots). Granted, I had "quit" skating back when I was in India, so I didn't look at everything through skater eyes, but I'd say go and enjoy everything India has to offer, but I'd leave the board at home.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
sounds like Nepal and Bangladesh to me (or anywhere in South Asia really).
Although I did just get back from Pokhara and noticed that they have a skate park there now (http://skateandannoy.com/blog/2015/01/additions-to-lakeside-pokhara-skate-park-in-nepal/). Doubt it would work in Kathmandu simply because of all that dust :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 05:11:10 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/fullwhenempty/

Follow the man who started with sk8goa and expanded. Nick knows India like no other. Great guy doing diy and getting local governments involved.

Some girls went to skate down there
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:14:11 PM by layzieyez »

Lurper

• Rep: -9
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 05:11:36 PM »
Not exactly advice on spots, but something you might enjoy before going.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"that guy is double parked."
"Who cares? there are people starving to death! besides, how does that affect you? does it lessen the joy of parking?

neil.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 06:23:41 PM »
Been to India three times about 4 months total. It's such a brilliant place but skating wise I think you're very much out of luck. It's mostly crusty as fuck and also busy as hell everywhere (for street spots). Granted, I had "quit" skating back when I was in India, so I didn't look at everything through skater eyes, but I'd say go and enjoy everything India has to offer, but I'd leave the board at home.

Yeah I've been a few times to visit family, brought my board once and people went mad after me for rolling on flat. they didnt speak english and i dont speak their language so that did not go well.

https://www.instagram.com/fullwhenempty/

Follow the man who started with sk8goa and expanded. Nick knows India like no other. Great guy doing diy and getting local governments involved.

Some girls went to skate down there

oh that was an interesting video thanks for the share. i dont think ill have time to head to goa but the diy looks sweet

cheers

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »
Look at some of his insta posts for spots he helped with in Mumbai and others. They're all over the place.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:26:57 AM »
free motion is tight, the dude that works there is super helpful and so are the youngins that skate there.  he helped me grab a tuktuk and told the guy no to rip me off..haha he still did though.
if u skate in the streets people dont know what the fuck youre doing..its weird.  cool spots around tho fosho.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
Check out Patrick Wallner's videos for an idea of what kind of spots are around

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »
Been to Bombay (Mumbai) for work a few times, skate once...as someone above mentioned, that place is crusty as fuck, let alone the traffic, people, livestock in your way.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 10:56:51 PM »
How'd the trip to India go?

I'll be in starting in Goa and traveling south to Sri Lanka come a month or so. Dude's insta got me stoked - recently posted a new spot in Goa. Expecting India to be mostly like Eastern Europe for me on my trip in regards to not skating much. Looking forward to spicy food though. Can't even find any hot sauce in Montenegro right now.  Excited for the skating/weather in SE Asia after India. I'm gonna be rusty as hell.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 12:55:51 AM »
How'd the trip to India go?

I'll be in starting in Goa and traveling south to Sri Lanka come a month or so. Dude's insta got me stoked - recently posted a new spot in Goa. Expecting India to be mostly like Eastern Europe for me on my trip in regards to not skating much. Looking forward to spicy food though. Can't even find any hot sauce in Montenegro right now.  Excited for the skating/weather in SE Asia after India. I'm gonna be rusty as hell.

Definitely hit me up and you will not be rusty
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice