Author Topic: Company with the worst graphics  (Read 17011 times)

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Company with the worst graphics
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Man, how many times does this have to come up? If you're just thinking about the REAL logo boards then you've never really looked into the brand.

They make tons of great graphics as one offs.
[close]
The jpegs lukring behind these links say otherwise:

http://www.realskateboards.com/spring-16-catalog/
http://www.realskateboards.com/summer-16-catalog/
http://www.realskateboards.com/fall-16-catalog/

A few one offs and the Spectrum series looks fine, but it's not mind blowing.
They put out a LOT of chud.

I think Real just puts out a lot of boards.  They make some good graphics, but not every one can be a hit.  People have different tastes.  I d think they put out way too many boards based on the oval logo.  But, if they are selling, why not?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
Worst graphics: Anything and everything Plan B, Element, Darkstar.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
was never that into think skateboards, loved the skaters but hated the graphics, they reminded me of a crappy ska band. and then before the company ended they got into whole-foods-labeling-as-graphics, which i didn't like either

speaking of habitat, i also didnt like that era a few years back where they got a tattoo artist to do graphics. i understand the thinking there but everything that dude made sucked.  glad they're back doing more classic looking stuff.

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:05 AM »
I think Real is the worst.
Like, really awful shit.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »
Probably Real. I was thinking Deathwish, but I just checked their insta and they are kind of killing it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNp1GKtBHv0/

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Sk8Mafia is a dope brand but the graphics are pretty corny most of the time.
[close]

Do half naked chicks move product? I buy hookups, but it's more of a anime thing, rather than a nudity thing. I wish that Henry Jones collection was with a team I cared about. but as long as Wes Kremer is sk8mafia4life I hope they are successful forever!

nobody's said DGK yet, although I could see myself riding one of their regular logo boards, but these are all typical offenders.

The sk8 mafia/Henry jones series is pretty awesome. I also really like the Kramer/Kremer and Larry David one offs. If they stepped away from the cartoon graphics I'd pick up mafia decks. Would love to put some money in Wes, Jamie Palamore and Tyler Surrey's pockets.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

zippy z

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
I really wish board brands had the balls to stick with a graphic for longer than 3 months. Even brands I like pump out way too many graphics each year for my tastes. Maybe take the time to create a graphic that is good instead of good enough or on trend?

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 02:27:48 PM »
I really wish board brands had the balls to stick with a graphic for longer than 3 months. Even brands I like pump out way too many graphics each year for my tastes. Maybe take the time to create a graphic that is good instead of good enough or on trend?

THIS ^^^

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 02:52:53 PM »
Every company that is not Alltimers, Quasi, FA, Polar, Isle, Pass-Port, Doom Sayers, Lewis Cruise, Anti Hero, WKND. I may have left a couple great ones out?

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »
Every company that is not Alltimers, Quasi, FA, Polar, Isle, Pass-Port, Doom Sayers, Lewis Cruise, Anti Hero, WKND. I may have left a couple great ones out?

You didnt mention Krooked and you include Doom Sayers, thats not a board company. One (awesome) limited run doesnt count.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You didnt mention Krooked and you include Doom Sayers, thats not a board company. One (awesome) limited run doesnt count.

Their second run came out a few weeks ago.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2017, 03:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Their second run came out a few weeks ago.
[/quote

Awesome. A team/promo would be awesome.

scaryghoul

• Rep: -8
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
graphic on the far right looks really sick to me

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »
Pocket Pistols, specifically the Pedro Barros models. I know 101 and SMA both re-issued the Natas "Oops/Boom" deck, perhaps without Natas's participation, but does Pedro Barros have any connection to the graphic? Also, their Bowie copy of the copy seemed only to cheapen the original and recent re-issue.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2017, 05:12:33 AM »
MAGENTA mofo >:(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2017, 06:07:40 AM »
was never that into think skateboards, loved the skaters but hated the graphics, they reminded me of a crappy ska band. and then before the company ended they got into whole-foods-labeling-as-graphics, which i didn't like either

speaking of habitat, i also didnt like that era a few years back where they got a tattoo artist to do graphics. i understand the thinking there but everything that dude made sucked.  glad they're back doing more classic looking stuff.

Think tag was the second best board ive ever riden. I had at least 50 of em. The graphic was bland but they skated so good I didnt give a fuck
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
Throw in The Vacation and Traffic, that's about it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2017, 08:02:34 AM »
I just looked at the 2016 Real catalogue and there is alot of dope boards in there
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

Pigeon

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

$80 for a deck with a fucking, Craigslist ad...WKND is kind of bland to me, but at least their decks are around $50.

Also, why isn't there isn't any love for The Killing Floor and Politic?

edit: Where's the new Fabo Les catalog?

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Plan B, LE, Flip, Blind, Element, Darkstar, Almost. A lot of OG companies have some terrible fucking graphics. Real is extremely hit or miss too

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

$80 for a deck with a fucking, Craigslist ad...WKND is kind of bland to me, but at least their decks are around $50.

$80???!
For this hipster bullshit? No thanks.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »
When I'm at the skateshop aka my Palace it's all about Politics for me because on one hand there are some Real bad ones and then some Quasi bad ones but all in all I think they're mostly all Fucking Awesome as long as the shape and wheelbase are good and not too Krooked and perhaps in the sale Isle. Every now and again I see some decks that are way out of my Element and I think they should have gone with Plan B and fired they're art director but hey, i'm a bit bi-Polar and don't Enjoi everything

Pretty Serious

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
Sidenote - I had to laugh that Zooyork's "Shop" page redirect's to JCPenny, where viewing customers
ultimately purchased a 6pk of bign'tall tighty whities.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
When I'm at the skateshop aka my Palace it's all about Politics for me because on one hand there are some Real bad ones and then some Quasi bad ones but all in all I think they're mostly all Fucking Awesome as long as the shape and wheelbase are good and not too Krooked and perhaps in the sale Isle. Every now and again I see some decks that are way out of my Element and I think they should have gone with Plan B and fired they're art director but hey, i'm a bit bi-Polar and don't Enjoi everything

I hate to be "Spitfire Wheels" about this post, but it really stuck a "Hockey" in my "Birdhouse Projects" and it makes me feel more than a little "Bones Reds Bearing".

I'm really sorry if that isn't funny guys, it was when I started typing it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

shit_for_brains

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hate to be "Spitfire Wheels" about this post, but it really stuck a "Hockey" in my "Birdhouse Projects" and it makes me feel more than a little "Bones Reds Bearing".

I'm really sorry if that isn't funny guys, it was when I started typing it.

Funnier than another goddamn pun thread.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2017, 02:33:18 PM »
Everyone shitting on Creature, but giving this a pass...
you never know about pre-cum 

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

$80???!
For this hipster bullshit? No thanks.

$80 CDN I'm pretty sure, which is roughly $60 USD. Its kinda just meant to be funny, i have seen some pretty sick graphics from lewis cruise before.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
I think Real is the worst.
Like, really awful shit.
I thought Real sucked ass for a really long time but their graphics have definitely been on point lately

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »
Everyone shitting on Creature, but giving this a pass...

I'm riding this exact board right now its great. I like these graphics where the actual graphic is just in the middle of the board. I like WKND a lot because their logo boards are like this. It gets scratched up anyway so I don't mind. Can't stand those Plan B graphics though.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

THIS ^^^
ditto, i feel the same way about shoe colorways