Author Topic: Fully Flared will be 10 years old this year  (Read 17778 times)

goldenbullcow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -406
Re: Fully Flared will be 10 years old this year
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
How old does that make the Euro Harsh Bar video?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2017, 10:31:15 AM »
The Harsh Euro Barge video does not have an age, my friend. It lives in a world without time.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2017, 10:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Harsh Euro Barge video does not have an age, my friend. It lives in a world without time.

Look at the clouds, fool.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »
I remember being crazy hyped on this video and thought it was sick. I was like 16 and just starting to appreciate ledge stuff more. It was one of the first full videos I downloaded before owning, I remember watching it only twice after downloading it because I wanted to wait til after xmas to get the dvd.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
I started following skating heavily around 2004, when the Lakai hype train really started to take off, so to follow the premiere and the eventual release felt pretty crazy to me, almost like a culmination of my skating experience up to that point. I look back at the time Fully Flared came out with some serious nostalgia, as being sixteen years old and starting to get the hang of skateboarding and seeing five or so amazing videos drop in a single month was pretty rad. I'll watch the video all the way through maybe once a year, and some of the music and editing is questionable, but beyond that, I'd say it's aged pretty well. Alex Olson's part is still top-notch, Nick Jensen's part is easily his most overlooked, Carroll, Koston, and Howard all went out with a bang, and Guy hadn't gone totally overboard just yet. Most importantly, every time I watch it I get to relive the excitement from my initial viewings and I inevitably end up binge watching Inhabitants, Static III, Nothing But The Truth, and Feed the Need shortly afterwards. What a rad time for skateboarding.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
^ That Weiger part in NBTT is something serious!
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I loved the whole video but euro doods and marc johnson were the parts I repeated most

Kinda wish guy didnt have the last part but I still enjoyed his skating, as weird as it was

Whoever mentioned second hand smoke, thank you! Jeremy wrays part is my favorite part ever.
[close]

says he repeated mj's part the most
then says he wishes guy didn't have last part
have you ever even seen the video?

Sorry man. Im layed up with a torn acl/mcl/meniscus and a broken femer with two bone contusions.

Im heavily medicated to say the least lol.

My bad though.
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »
^ yes ATM! 2007 was the 1996 of our generation. i remember posting download links on myspace for it right before it came out on dvd, thanks to somebody on here. i still think the best skating to come out of that year was clark hassler in NTBT

In my opinion, he did the best varial heelflip ever documented in his part.

Take care, Ricks!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
Flavor Country  8)

Mr. Fink

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »
"It hits you hard, bro."

spliffMODE

• Rep: 5
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2017, 11:03:03 PM »
Lucas and JB skating to Mannie Fresh is still one of the dopest things ever documented, "I'm rich bitch, I'm a fuckin' Big Tymer!"

"Is that a fish tank bruh in the middle the dash?"
Yeah pimpin' don't put your fingers on my glass!"

Also Carroll's part was too good for words

I remember finding a good rip on limewire and watching it on my ipod all the time, It would keep me busy during my 4 hour friday detentions, I was 17

I just watched a few parts and now I'm feeling total nostalgia, what an epic video.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
Pops part finally makes sense......

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2017, 04:32:41 AM »

If you haven't seen it already, watch The Final Flare. Gives a lot of insight into the making of the video and some cool behind the scenes stuff. It's floating around on YouTube.

So sick, thanks for the heads up, think I will watch it again.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »
I started following skating heavily around 2004, when the Lakai hype train really started to take off, so to follow the premiere and the eventual release felt pretty crazy to me, almost like a culmination of my skating experience up to that point. I look back at the time Fully Flared came out with some serious nostalgia, as being sixteen years old and starting to get the hang of skateboarding and seeing five or so amazing videos drop in a single month was pretty rad. I'll watch the video all the way through maybe once a year, and some of the music and editing is questionable, but beyond that, I'd say it's aged pretty well. Alex Olson's part is still top-notch, Nick Jensen's part is easily his most overlooked, Carroll, Koston, and Howard all went out with a bang, and Guy hadn't gone totally overboard just yet. Most importantly, every time I watch it I get to relive the excitement from my initial viewings and I inevitably end up binge watching Inhabitants, Static III, Nothing But The Truth, and Feed the Need shortly afterwards. What a rad time for skateboarding.

Those last few months of 2007 were heavy!

Photosynthesis was my first video and it trips me out to think that the time between Fully Flared and today is longer than the time between those two videos. And even more than the time between Virtual Reality and Photosynthesis.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2017, 11:20:57 AM »
FUUUCK, I knew I was leaving something out! Krooked was so ahead of its time. Also a 2007 release (albeit, much earlier in the year):

Gnar Gnar
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »
Van Wastell Krooked Naughty 2007

came out in november/december 2007 as well. was in a hospital bed for a week straight and i can't tell ya how many damn times i watched this on my little portable dvd player. maybe my favorite video of that year!? by god
this video was so good. got me into ariel pink. loved how it would loop so I'd just watch the video multiple times in one sitting. we used to have this video looping during band practice too. cool to see manderson/cromer back then too, i remember being stoked on mandersons tic-tacs
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »
Fully flared and ride the sky came out when I was in high school and both
Made me realize i was never going to be pro

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2017, 11:51:26 AM »
Lucas and JB skating to Mannie Fresh is still one of the dopest things ever documented, "I'm rich bitch, I'm a fuckin' Big Tymer!"

"Is that a fish tank bruh in the middle the dash?"
Yeah pimpin' don't put your fingers on my glass!"

Haha hell yeah that was so good.

Haven't seen FF in a while but man I used to watch it (And NBTT as well) so much back in the day. I fired up my old first gen Zune a couple of days ago and saw I still had them both on there, that gave me a little kick. Might have to watch them again soon.

Yu Dum

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2017, 11:57:31 AM »
I was a freshman in high school when FF came out... Wow.
I remember only hearing about it right before its release because I didn't really follow skateboarding that closely at that age. I had seen maybe one or two other videos at the time, but I remember seeing an ad for it in a Transworld or Thrasher at that time. I immediately added it to my Christmas list.
Watching it definitely influenced my formative years in terms of how I looked at skateboarding. I remember MikeMo and MJ having the most influence on me at that age, but I relate more to Pop's part now than ever.
Given it was such a landmark video in my adolescence, it still holds a special place in my heart. That being said, I absolutely cannot go back and watch the whole thing in one sitting. It's way too much to take in for a skate video. Pretty much overkill, but that's not to say that I don't go back and watch MJ, Carroll, AO, or Guy's parts.

Also, that Koston FF deck was the board I learned kickflips (along with pretty much everything else) on. I kinda miss those days.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2017, 04:18:27 AM »
I remember people being bummed on MJ's ended for some reason, same with Bieber skating to Young Jeezy.
Lucas' tre flip blew me away, FF was my introduction to his skating which seems funny now.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 35
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2017, 07:00:46 AM »
Can't believe it's been that long. I started skating around 2007 so when it first came out i saw it on Vimeo and didnt understand anything, so the impression it made on me was minimal, just the intro and the discussion whether it was real or CGI. A few years later though i was absolutely obsessed with it. i had a download on my PSP and remember watching it 2/3 times a day for some weeks one summer in 2010. My friend and i used to quote the contents of parts to eachother (what tricks, where, which clothing etc.)

Definitely one of the greatest and ushering a new era of skateboarding.

Lakai used to have every part in a playlist on their youtube channel, until one day they deleted it. That's when i took the liberty of uploading it to youtube myself and i'm lucky i didn't get in trouble for it.

Jesus Fernandez had one of the best parts for sure. The credits were great too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfk-usJYyGU

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
Bring back cords and flannels!

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »

Did flannels ever leave?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did flannels ever leave?

Not really, but flannels in 2007 were omnipresent.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »
Superbad is also ten years old.

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »
FF was like the beginning of the end or some shit. After that came out shit changed into what it is today. I might just be stoned but that shit was like the catalyst for this over produced bland shit. Sick video though, a few classic parts, but shit, Im glad that wasnt the first skate video I seen. I dont want to be a cali dude with a medium white t and lakais, I want to be a peice of shit outcast... atleast that what the older videos taught me. I dunno, like I said Im stoned and this strain makes me feel like alex jones.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »
Cairo's part doesn't get enough love. It was one of my favorites in FF.

Nollie flip   ???

biggums mcgee

• Rep: 14
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2017, 05:45:45 PM »
Who's parts in FF have he most re-watch quality ten years later? Checked AO's part and feel like it doesn't really hold up. It was great back then though.

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2017, 08:00:22 PM »
I grew up watching fulfil the dream and guilty, 411s and zero shit, watched dying to live last night... still good. Not tryna say Im some fuckin cool guy but fully flared was mad hollywood style. Yeah right was like that too, still sick though.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2017, 10:15:12 PM »
08 was the most popular year in skating so I'm not surprised
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby