Author Topic: Independent Trucks release 144 stage 11 model  (Read 43192 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Independent Trucks release 144 stage 11 model
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »
What a cocktease... Looks like the same stage 11?  ::) :'(

N.L.

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:03 AM »
The 144s are in the new catalog. Looks exactly the same as all the other Stage 11s, same heights etc...

https://nhsb2b.com/catalogs/61/2017-spring-hardgoods/6/independent/

calvinsdream

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »

Why would they be a different stage just because they're a different size?

N.L.

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But it appears not...

calvinsdream

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But it appears not...

That's just truck height though - I thought stages had to do with the design and geometry of the entire truck. Ah well small difference anyway. Kind of interested to see if stage 12s ever become a thing.

Mick

• Rep: 25
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2017, 03:24:57 PM »
Just watched Independent's live stream on Instagram. They showed the 144's and put them next to a board to show the flush-ness. They said they were available now on NHS but they aren't there.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But it appears not...
[close]

That's just truck height though - I thought stages had to do with the design and geometry of the entire truck. Ah well small difference anyway. Kind of interested to see if stage 12s ever become a thing.

well truthfully the stage 11 werent even that big a design and geometry difference compared to stage 10, all they literally did was extend/elongate the pivot stem so it wiggles in the pivot cup more freely for sharper deeper turns and added cylinder bushings. bam stage 11.
yes

McJagger

• Rep: 1
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Whoa, I thought they'd only release the standards, but the forged hollows at the lower height too?

I am definitely way more excited about this than I should be.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But it appears not...
[close]

[close]

well truthfully the stage 11 werent even that big a design and geometry difference compared to stage 10, all they literally did was extend/elongate the pivot stem so it wiggles in the pivot cup more freely for sharper deeper turns and added cylinder bushings. bam stage 11.

They didn't fuck with the geo as far as anyone has noticed/said.

They are, however, taller and the yoke was adjusted so it didn't bind the top washer to the back of the hanger fucking up the turn and so it wouldn't stick out so much past the bottom washer. They freaked out because ACE and Theeve were gaining traction fixing what was wrong with the 9/10 stages; look at early aces and theeves and then stage XI.

Indy Geo is fine, if a bit slow and predictable (hence no change) but their lightest is still the heaviest. What they really need from a purley marketing pov is a thunder-type truck: light, trim and sharp turning.

ACE/Theeve and Krux are stage II/III - Stage XI attempted to be 5-8 (so they said) but again, all they did was fix the binding/washer issues and the yoke. Why they made them taller, I don't know.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:51 AM »
can't wait till these can be ordered. I'm going to play with my semi-hard cock as I navigate to "144s" on the online retail site and start slowly stroking it as it hardens and more and more rapidly and vigorously as I fill in my name and address. my fully erect cock will be throbbing and quivering when I enter my credit card information. I'll stroke it steadily yet firmly until I ejaculate while clicking the button to confirm my order and wind it down with a few final pumps. as I pant to catch my breath, I'll realize what I've done and regretfully and pathetically wipe the cum off my floor.

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2017, 06:46:05 AM »
can't wait till these can be ordered. I'm going to play with my semi-hard cock as I navigate to "144s" on the online retail site and start slowly stroking it as it hardens and more and more rapidly and vigorously as I fill in my name and address. my fully erect cock will be throbbing and quivering when I enter my credit card information. I'll stroke it steadily yet firmly until I ejaculate while clicking the button to confirm my order and wind it down with a few final pumps. as I pant to catch my breath, I'll realize what I've done and regretfully and pathetically wipe the cum off my floor.

This is exactly what I needed at 8:43 am. Startin' hump day off right!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2017, 07:02:29 AM »
we were good with 149mm...just sayin

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2017, 07:14:21 AM »
They will be hitting shops by late this week.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »
Will there be a hollow one?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2017, 12:16:37 PM »
read the catalog dude, it's available in most options.

Skate warehouse has the standards available now

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:35 PM »

Somebody at NHS has been lurking the truck setups thread. Over there no one's good with anything, for more than a week at least...  :)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »
skate warehouse posted that they had them online for those interested, but I'm going to stick with 149s

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Somebody at NHS has been lurking the truck setups thread. Over there no one's good with anything, for more than a week at least...� :)

aha wait are you saying no ones good with anything at nhs or the trucks tread, cause the trucks thread no one is ever satisfied.
yes

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2017, 11:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Somebody at NHS has been lurking the truck setups thread. Over there no one's good with anything, for more than a week at least...� :)
[close]

aha wait are you saying no ones good with anything at nhs or the trucks tread, cause the trucks thread no one is ever satisfied.

The trucks thread man. It's such a funny thread. I've gone bonkers with trucks too because of the thread. I now seem to have found my ideal pair with Ace 44s with Ace bottom and Bones medium top though. But due to the thread I had to buy mag plates for the Aces to have something to fiddle with.

I've also been wanting to try Thunders and Ventures for a while now cuz of the thread even though I'm pretty sure I'd hate both.  :D

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The trucks thread man. It's such a funny thread. I've gone bonkers with trucks too because of the thread. I now seem to have found my ideal pair with Ace 44s with Ace bottom and Bones medium top though. But due to the thread I had to buy mag plates for the Aces to have something to fiddle with.

I've also been wanting to try Thunders and Ventures for a while now cuz of the thread even though I'm pretty sure I'd hate both.  :D

you cant go wrong with thunders, trust me. the way thunders are made feel like they were actually put through trial and error and pro tested and feedback.

ventures i feel meh, theyre not bad but theyre not up to par with thunder, indy, or ace sadly. theyre right at 4th

im back on my indy 139 low cause they just feel closer to what i remember my old krux downlows feel turn wise. i love my thunders and theyre good trucks but i like my indy 139 lows more cause of the solid indy build/feel but lower center of gravity and quick controlled pop response with that signature indy carvy turn. they just give me better board feel too. i can plug my indy lows on any board and do fine but the thunders i have to get use to from deck to deck oddly
yes

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »
To market the 144 for 8.25 isn't the best idea imo. The 149 fits perfect on the 8.25. I would even ride my 149s on an 8.18 and the hanger would barley poke out the sides. The 144 seems like it would be ideal for someone who skates an 8.125 or 8.18 that doesn't want to ride 139/149s. Either way pretty cool that Indy is putting out new stuff.

N.L.

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »
General rule of thumb is line up your axles with your deck width. Everyone's got their own deal but lots of people are stoked on a 8.25" truck either way.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
Yeah....there is no such thing as 'barely poking out'.....unless you're skating a shaped deck.....

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2017, 02:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But it appears not...
[close]

[close]

[close]

They didn't fuck with the geo as far as anyone has noticed/said.

They are, however, taller and the yoke was adjusted so it didn't bind the top washer to the back of the hanger fucking up the turn and so it wouldn't stick out so much past the bottom washer. They freaked out because ACE and Theeve were gaining traction fixing what was wrong with the 9/10 stages; look at early aces and theeves and then stage XI.

Indy Geo is fine, if a bit slow and predictable (hence no change) but their lightest is still the heaviest. What they really need from a purley marketing pov is a thunder-type truck: light, trim and sharp turning.

ACE/Theeve and Krux are stage II/III - Stage XI attempted to be 5-8 (so they said) but again, all they did was fix the binding/washer issues and the yoke. Why they made them taller, I don't know.

I have always been waiting for an indy 149 low, like the thunder 149 high but still no luck. There seem to be an awful lot of people (including me) who do not use indys because of the height. During my 139/7.8 days i would swear by independent but since i upped my board's/trucks' width, indys are too much.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2017, 01:55:10 AM »
^^^I know it's not always optimal but have you tried smaller wheels? Or the forged baseplates?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »
Just to clarify...

Indys
Standards: 55mm
Hollow forged: 53.5mm
Lows: 48.5mm

Thunders
151/149 HI: 52.3mm
143/145/147 HI: 49.78
143/145 LO: 48.3

I ride 8.25" decks. 149 (Indy or Thunder) seem to fit perfectly. That said, I am sure I'll try a pair of 144, because, well, skate nerd.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:28:53 AM by Sedition »
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:12 AM »
Just to clarify...

Indys
Standards: 55mm
Hollow forged: 53.5mm
Lows: 48.5mm

Thunders
151/149 HI: 52.3mm
143/145/147 HI: 49.78
143/145 LO: 48.3

I ride 8.25" decks. 149 (Indy or Thunder) seem to fit perfectly. That said, I am sure I'll try a pair of 144, because, well, skate nerd.

I ride mostly 8.25" decks too on wintertime and I can't take 149's, imo they just don't fit. Can't wait those things arrive here so I can stop riding these 8.25 Furys... in summer i skate 139's on 8" board, they fit perfectly.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:35 AM »
^^^I know it's not always optimal but have you tried smaller wheels? Or the forged baseplates?

I think i already am at small wheel territory (52-51mm) but the forged baseplates sound like a good idea. Since i don't like to mix truck components i will have to wait until my current thunders' axle slip gets intolerable and to look for the forged indys then. According to Sedition's post their height is only just above 1 mm over thunders so i should be more than good with those. I had never noticed the forged ones were lower!
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think i already am at small wheel territory (52-51mm) but the forged baseplates sound like a good idea. Since i don't like to mix truck components i will have to wait until my current thunders' axle slip gets intolerable and to look for the forged indys then. According to Sedition's post their height is only just above 1 mm over thunders so i should be more than good with those. I had never noticed the forged ones were lower!

The baseplates are thinner, it's not that noticeable. 
you never know about pre-cum 

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The baseplates are thinner, it's not that noticeable. 
I found it noticeable enough to prefer them.