Author Topic: Hong Kong  (Read 1517 times)

skate_spbr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Hong Kong
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:00 AM »
Hey pals, I'm in Hong Kong until Jan 29th for work but I brought my trucks in the hope I could also do some skating. If any of you got any tips on spots, shops to get a deck, or even places to drink, eat, tourism, etc since my lady came with me... anything... haha let me know!

nosporlactune

• Rep: 10
Re: Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
lived there for a year, just moved back last summer, GO TO TKO PARK. i miss it so much, that was my home park while i was there, great vibes, can drink beers there cause the guards dont care. there's great dudes who always hang out there. Warren is the hong kong OG and he's always there on weekends. foreingers always come through and everyone is very welcoming

aside from that morrison hill is famous, yet gets old quick, tung chung is a fun park but very far if youre on the island, fanling is fun but far as well. Really i'd recommend TKO and morrison. street skating is a sure bust, plus the spots are crusty not in a good way

oh and 8five2 is the main shop in hong kong, great great shop who also has an indoor park you can skate, its very rainy there this time of year so worth checking out on a rainy day.

in terms of tourist stuff, go to the islands, cheung chau is cool yet crowded, peng chau is more understated, lantau is sick and massive and theres tons to explore. check out chungking mansions for good indian/pakistani/west african food, all the restuarants there are off the grid, and most are illegal so just kinda wander around and people will offer you "membership" cards to there shop, and thats how you get in, very cool but on the more adventurous side. aside from that, get out an hike, dragons back is popular yet touristy, i think climbing HK's tallest peak, tai mo shan is fun. there's tons of shopping but its all luxury and pretty whack. eat lots and lots of chinese food, go to cooked food centers, my favorite was the one in north point, just look up north point cooked food center, you'll find it, its crusty yet amazing. chinese eggplant is my favorite there.

alright i think thats enough for now, but point being i love hong kong, have an amazing time, and tell warren, paul, and the tko crew luke from chicago says hi
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:37:45 PM by nosporlactune »

skate_spbr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:37 PM »
wow, I wish I could gnar you! I'll try to do most of this stuff hahah I'll let you know! thanks!

wzahk

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:53:09 PM »
alright i think thats enough for now, but point being i love hong kong, have an amazing time, and tell warren, paul, and the tko crew luke from chicago says hi

What up Luke!  Miss you dawg!  Come visit us soon!

noahch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 01:38:03 AM »
excuse me for bumping this thread - will be in Hong Kong next weekend (june 8 -10), anyone on here live there / going to be there around this time?