Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 5777 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:35 AM »
I actually thought Kylo had turned to the light, also I'm confused on Luke's death did that projection really drain him that severely?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 04:52:43 AM »
I actually thought Kylo had turned to the light, also I'm confused on Luke's death did that projection really drain him that severely?

Everyone is confused on Luke's "death".  I imagine the opening crawl of the next one will be like "After downing MDMA, cocaine, morphine, and alcohol on a spaceship General Organa swapped with Luke and now Luke is alive don't worry about it"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 07:39:05 AM »
spoiler: still train racing

#prayingforjedi

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Everyone is confused on Luke's "death".  I imagine the opening crawl of the next one will be like "After downing MDMA, cocaine, morphine, and alcohol on a spaceship General Organa swapped with Luke and now Luke is alive don't worry about it"

I think they're gonna do this
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 04:57:14 AM »
I love all of the think pieces trying to shame people into thinking they are losers for not liking this movie. The movie is polarizing at best, who cares.

My only gripe is that The Last Jedi did so much to subvert the viewers expectations that it was almost pointless watching The Force Awakens.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
Force Awakens is kind of pointless if you've seen IV.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 03:33:23 PM »
took an edible and watched it. made it easier to get through the cheese and appreciate the rest of movie, especially the visual aspects. it was super sick for two minutes when i thought luke was so badass he could just block all those blasts, then the projection thing made it almost better? i think he died because the projection drained him or he was finally at peace and could just peace.

why did the death star cannon only destroy the door?

anyway, it was entertaining and a nice break from the 10 degree windy weather. i was really let down by the force awakens and this one was waaaaay better. the force awakens felt so phoned-in. no need to remake a new hope.

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
I can`t get into this new ST shit guys and I really tried...Force Awakens got some cornhole eyed looking thing instead of Master Yoda and that fucking Sith was more like Vector from Despicable Me! fuck it,I`m out...I guess I am too old for this new CGI!
back to Red Dwarf...

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2017, 12:50:49 AM »
The movie felt like it was going to end a few times but kept going (at least I saw it that way because I really had to pee). I feel mixed, I enjoyed some stuff but the dialogue wasn't that good most of the time and some of the action sequences felt way over the top and ridiculous.

I described it to friends as the dialogue of the walking dead with the super dramatic action sequences from fast and the furious. 
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

SlapReviewer18

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »
I saw it, i thought it was way better than the last one. It really made me want to watch the others all again.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
back to Red Dwarf...

It's not fair to Star Wars or any other movie to compare it to Red Dwarf. That show is the greatest.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:27:32 PM by Yushin Okami »
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »

RIP to the best character.

shaolinconfounder

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 07:18:47 AM »
I think it was entertaining in itself like the battles and visuals were amazing but in terms of story and characters it was a fuckin disgrace. The wit and magic of the og 3 is pretty much gone and is replaced by modernised cheesy ass jokes and a commercial sort of feel.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:06:57 PM by shaolinconfounder »

KingKook

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 07:24:14 AM »
I went to see this movie last week. I thought it was decent.
Some friends were on a about subliminal messages and underlying themes ruining the franchise.
I really don't give a shit, sometimes I just want to see some space ships blow shit up.
So for me it was ok,  not a complete waste of weed.
***Extra points to the theatre with recliner seats.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »
just saw it last night (was released hella late here in PRC) and i thought it was a good movie, but not good for a starwars. i really liked rouge one and the force awakens but this one was mediocre. the han solo one should be good.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »
I'm gonna wait until I'm on a plane to watch this one.....I realize I've seen them all....retained none of them...

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2020, 10:24:59 PM »
Just watched Solo: A Star Wars Story for the first time. Came to the conclusion,  I like the spin offs including  this one & Rogue One 100X more than The Last Jedi & The Rise of Skywalker. Think the last two films super overrated. Need to watch The Force Awakens again , forgot  if I liked it or not.   

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2020, 10:43:25 PM »
Just watched Solo: A Star Wars Story for the first time. Came to the conclusion,  I like the spin offs including  this one & Rogue One 100X more than The Last Jedi & The Rise of Skywalker. Think the last two films super overrated. Need to watch The Force Awakens again , forgot  if I liked it or not.   

Rogue One is great. Love how it ties into Episode IV. Haven’t seen Solo yet but it’s definitely on my list.

I’ve been enjoying the second season of The Mandalorian a lot so far.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2020, 11:03:51 PM »
Rogue One was trill
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2020, 12:25:47 AM »
The ending of rogue one is definitely one my favorite scenes ever

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2020, 03:04:08 AM »
I loved the original Star Wars.

Although I didn’t care for he acting, I loved the backstory the prequels provided.

I kept shaking my head at how The Last Jedi couldn’t bring much new to the table, just retell episode 4, but worse.

I gave Disney one more chance (and my money) to redeem themselves, and they shit the bed. Really badly. Shit everywhere. I can’t believe they tried to make a trilogy without fleshing out the whole story first, it’s comically bad. And you could theoretically do a trilogy off the cuff, but they didn’t even try to connect shit. It just got more and more ridiculous.

I refuse to give those fuckers any more of my money for ruining a story and characters I loved. I have zero interest in seeing Skywalker, and in fact the only way I will watch that final turd is if I can somehow steal my money back from Disney while doing it. Pirating the movie is not enough, I want to cause them financial damage for leveraging my childhood memories and emotions against me to get me into the theater, and then disrespect the story and characters.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 03:20:17 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2020, 12:17:09 PM »
^ that's why the spin offs are 100x  better. More freedom being a stand alone, lower expectations, and no pressure to link exactly to the original series. The Last Jedi & Rise of Skywalker tried too hard to be masterpieces then completely flopped. You should watch Solo, bet you guys would like. Would be stoked if they made a sequel

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »
I got about 20 minutes into Solo and realized I didn't care to finish. Flop.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2020, 02:26:31 PM »
I got about 20 minutes into Solo and realized I didn't care to finish. Flop.

My first experience similar. Tried to watch it couple years ago then stopped. Last night, watched the entire film. Good stuff, entertaining. 

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
I've liked the spin offs more than I thought I would and I've been watching the heck out of the mandalorian. I think the sequel trilogy had a good start but they kind of tried changing the whole story in the second part. I've heard online rumors that they're going to try to "change" the storyline where they never happened, which I'm kind of ok with. I think Disney should just let Dave Filoni do whatever he wants with Star Wars and wear as many cowboy hats as he wants. I have Star Wars tattoos so my opinion is very important.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2020, 04:01:24 PM »
can we see your tattoo of a wookie fellating r2d2

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2020, 05:41:10 PM »
I've liked the spin offs more than I thought I would and I've been watching the heck out of the mandalorian. I think the sequel trilogy had a good start but they kind of tried changing the whole story in the second part. I've heard online rumors that they're going to try to "change" the storyline where they never happened, which I'm kind of ok with. I think Disney should just let Dave Filoni do whatever he wants with Star Wars and wear as many cowboy hats as he wants. I have Star Wars tattoos so my opinion is very important.

Mandalorian is sick and agree that Dave is the right guy. I’ve been watching the making of and I really like how they’ve been digging into George’s influence and looking to old samurai and gun slinger movies for inspiration... wu tang, wu tang

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2020, 07:20:36 AM »
I watched Rogue One for the first time since the big screen, if you go in knowing the fate of the main players it makes the whole thing all the more poignant.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 07:55:53 AM »
Anybody catch the new episode of the Mandalorian?? That battle between Bobo Fett and that fleet of stormtroopers might arguably be one of the best Star Wars scenes of all time.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »
can we see your tattoo of a wookie fellating r2d2

All my action figures of wookies are buried in bins, but heres a jawa stuffed animal performing oral on R2, hope this suffices.