Author Topic: Lacey Baker - My World. Videopart by Thrasher Mag.  (Read 27086 times)

Allez_Jambon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
Re: Lacey Baker - My World. Videopart by Thrasher Mag.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
whoa. okay. that was good.

would have been neat to have released this on saturday, but i dont know if video that get posted on the weekend get the best viewership.

also, do brands/media not like working with her because of her voice and perspective? nice and pleasant is usually more marketable and more agreeable, yielding a larger audience. for example, I find Monica torres okay at skating, but she's cooperative and down to work with larger companies like mountain dew and x games.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
best female video part of all time.  fight me i dont care.  she's better than sean puffy combs pablo!

lacey's the best tech female skater, but my fav female video part is still marisa in strange world
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »
She looks so pissed right before she pops each trick. I like it! Guess that is just her concentration face.
The nosegrind nollie heel on the table was really clean.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »
Admittedly I always judged Lacey based off of interviews, and not on the actual substance of her skating. Now I can faithfully say I'm a fan of her skating.
i've never seen any part from her before, so for me it was her interviews and her SL stuff which obviously isn't her jam.
this was sick.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »
This was a good part but anyone who says it was good for anyone regardless of gender is either full of shit or watches one new video a year. If she was male this wouldn't get her shop flow.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2017, 12:59:12 PM »
Good job Lacey

It's like surfing if you don't look like Miss Teen Colorado you aren't getting paid

Fastfreddy

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »
This was a good part but anyone who says it was good for anyone regardless of gender is either full of shit or watches one new video a year. If she was male this wouldn't get her shop flow.

this made me question the part a bit. I usually tend to agree with you on most everything - but I don't know. I think maybe shop flow is a possibility - at least in the south east where I live - can't speak to anywhere else.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this made me question the part a bit. I usually tend to agree with you on most everything - but I don't know. I think maybe shop flow is a possibility - at least in the south east where I live - can't speak to anywhere else.

I just think it's crazy to pretend there isn't a huuuuuuuge physical disparity. I'm all for female skaters, of course I am, but when everyone pretends they're doing the same level of tricks as males I start getting headaches.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »
damn that was sick

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2017, 01:43:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just think it's crazy to pretend there isn't a huuuuuuuge physical disparity. I'm all for female skaters, of course I am, but when everyone pretends they're doing the same level of tricks as males I start getting headaches.

the fact that almost everybody else on this thread thought this part was groundbreaking, but you go so far as to say that its unworthy of shop-sponsor suggests otherwise. I've ridden for a few different shops over the years, nothing special, just some friends places, and I never put together a part as technical or difficult as this, and neither have the vast majority of shop sponsored skaters.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 01:50:02 PM »
Hell yeah, that was sick!

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »
I hated it, although I didn't watch it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 02:29:11 PM »

im just glad she didnt film shit in a skatepark/ Skate facility

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »
Expand Quote
This is sort of what chicks are bitching about.....see what happens when a bit of money is spent on filming....better platform....can you imagine if all guys were judged on was insta clips and street league how shitty skating would be?�

I hope meow or whatever the fuck she rides for makes some dough but....really she should get on a bigger brand..and get a shoe deal....

[close]

She should def be on equal ground with men skaters based solely on her skating alone.

I understand the industry being run by the powers that be, but at the same time not every woman skater skates with the skill and style we have just seen here in this part. If they had I would suspect the coverage would be more equal, but at the same time its probably going to take someone to actually actively break those barriers for things to be on a level playing field.

If this is how Lacey skates then I can definitely get behind her comments in regards to Leticia.

such as?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 02:49:10 PM »
great part, would have loved it no matter what gender the skateboarder has. good style, great trick selection, great music. me happy. go lacey!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

the fact that almost everybody else on this thread thought this part was groundbreaking, but you go so far as to say that its unworthy of shop-sponsor suggests otherwise. I've ridden for a few different shops over the years, nothing special, just some friends places, and I never put together a part as technical or difficult as this, and neither have the vast majority of shop sponsored skaters.

Those are opinions.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Back of the line sfb!

Skating the streets and filming, that's the entire point of skateboarding...

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 03:00:24 PM »
That was sick. I really liked that part and the song. The Dylan line was probably my favorite.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 03:00:29 PM »
I was about to lose it that someone else used Eyes Without a Face before I could get a few more clips at the park, but it was good. Watched it twice. I feel like she could have redone a few of those a little better, but maybe it is b roll from Quit Your Day Job. Doesn't have to be Duke of New York A#1. She does what she does well. Took a shit on that smith kickflip.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »
Sucks that whenever a girl puts out a part everyone's gotta make sure we know whether or not she's as good as a guy or not and can't just enjoy the part.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »

How isn't it good for anyone? She better than well over 90% of people that ever skated. Now if you want to narrow " good for anyone "  down to sponsored skaters that's an entirely different story.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »
I would like to treat Lacey equally and point out that the all white should remain a Heath thing and no one else should try it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
Sucks that whenever a girl puts out a part everyone's gotta make sure we know whether or not she's as good as a guy or not and can't just enjoy the part.

what else would you expect from misogynistic world

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:04 PM »
that part was good af.  the only clip that looked like throwaway to me was the ditch line

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »
Well that was fucking sick.
Last trick was fuckedddddd!

Not good enough to be on shop flow? Shit_for_brains indeed because your head must be so far up your ass to say something like that. Do you have eyes? Or just shit goggles? 20/20 shit vision.

You made me channel my inner-Jim Lahey.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 03:31:46 PM »
It was alright, but you you guys are trying way too hard to like this. She skates fucking sloooooooow.
you never know about pre-cum 

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »
the song and editing kinda ruined the part but the skating was on point. big fan. with the right song she wouldn't appear so slow.
and it seems like a silly argument but for the hell of it: yes! shop flow caliber for sure

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 03:42:03 PM »
You know what doesn't matter? Debating if Lacey is worthy of "dude shop flow" because that's not reality. The reality is that Lacey is already pro, has interviews in major magazines, parts on Thrasher, and doesn't need anyone's (mine included) validation.

Lacey fucking rips, end of story.

So many crybaby nay-saying dudes in this thread. Yikes.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

knex

• Rep: 30
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 03:45:30 PM »
this was sick, she's got style

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »
You know what doesn't matter? Debating if Lacey is worthy of "dude shop flow" because that's not reality. The reality is that Lacey is already pro, has interviews in major magazines, parts on Thrasher, and doesn't need anyone's (mine included) validation.

Lacey fucking rips, end of story.

So many crybaby nay-saying dudes in this thread. Yikes.

Calm down dude, she's not going to fuck you.
you never know about pre-cum