Author Topic: CPH OPEN 2017, COPENHAGEN OPEN  (Read 4897 times)

Windsor Knot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -114
CPH OPEN 2017, COPENHAGEN OPEN
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:44:39 AM »
Hello,  I'm going this year.  I have a question,  it's 19 - 23rd July,  can normal Joe's like me skate everything during this period? I'm mainly talking about the street spots.  I saw on their website for last year's event they have an itinerary of where and when the events are happening.  Can I just skate these spots with my friends and film outside of these times does anyone know? I'm just checking in case they shut all the spots for 'pros only'  the entire time or something weird?

Can't wait anyway,  any sweet tips from anyone about the event/city? Is it hard to get a good view at the events/sessions due to big crowds? Does anyone know if I need to purchase tickets to anything and where I can do this online?  Thanks for your help.

Plop

Re: CPH OPEN 2017, COPENHAGEN OPEN
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:20:43 AM »
Hope this thread gets some shine, im trying to get at least some of our crew to reach. Seems like it would be so fun

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:23:46 AM »
I don't think I'm even bringing my board to CPH if I end up going... Some of the spots they skate for CPH Open and Pro aren't really spots. It's just the middle of the street with some random obstacles, that aren't permanent and most of them seem to be invite only according to last years schedule. No idea how long they'll stay around, but I'd doubt it would be over night.. The normal spots are possible to skate before/after the events, but I'd just assume that it will be so fucking crowded that I wouldn't even bother. Show up a week early or stay a week later if you want to skate CPH without the crowd.

Things to do? Danes have some fucked up shit going on.
There is a bar/stripclub/brothel (http://www.istedgade18.dk/ that serve something that roughly translate into "naughty draft beer", which means that when you order it, the barmaid pulls out a dildo, puts it on the tap handle and inserts the dildo into her vagina and squats to tap your beer. It's super degrading and you feel so shitty when you order one that you want to drink your feelings away so it's kinda a great place to start if you haven't experienced messed up stuff in your life. It's also way more expensive than a normal beer, and at CPH Open there is free beer everywhere. Oh and it's probably mob owned and shit so it's actually a bad idea, just figured that slap would be into it.

Malm? is a 30 minute train ride away from CPH if you really want to skate during those days...

Tivoli is hella nice if you don't want to get black out drunk. They have some amazing rollercoasters, including one that was built in 1914 which is my favorite rollercoaster in the world.

In case someone needs to tell you, drink beer. That's what danes do.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:37:34 AM »
I don't think I'm even bringing my board to CPH if I end up going... Some of the spots they skate for CPH Open and Pro aren't really spots. It's just the middle of the street with some random obstacles, that aren't permanent and most of them seem to be invite only according to last years schedule. No idea how long they'll stay around, but I'd doubt it would be over night.. The normal spots are possible to skate before/after the events, but I'd just assume that it will be so fucking crowded that I wouldn't even bother. Show up a week early or stay a week later if you want to skate CPH without the crowd.

Things to do? Danes have some fucked up shit going on.
There is a bar/stripclub/brothel (http://www.istedgade18.dk/ that serve something that roughly translate into "naughty draft beer", which means that when you order it, the barmaid pulls out a dildo, puts it on the tap handle and inserts the dildo into her vagina and squats to tap your beer. It's super degrading and you feel so shitty when you order one that you want to drink your feelings away so it's kinda a great place to start if you haven't experienced messed up stuff in your life. It's also way more expensive than a normal beer, and at CPH Open there is free beer everywhere. Oh and it's probably mob owned and shit so it's actually a bad idea, just figured that slap would be into it.

Malm? is a 30 minute train ride away from CPH if you really want to skate during those days...

Tivoli is hella nice if you don't want to get black out drunk. They have some amazing rollercoasters, including one that was built in 1914 which is my favorite rollercoaster in the world.

In case someone needs to tell you, drink beer. That's what danes do.

top guiding for my CPH tour, thank you.
CPH/ Malm? and Scandinavia in general is the place for
a summer tour  best recommendation from my side!

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:59:23 PM »
Thanks for the info

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -87
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:28:48 AM »
Just throwing it out there. Is weed hard to get in CPH?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 05:05:56 AM »
I've got a friend who just moved to Copenhagen so I'm thinking visiting around this time would be perfect. I'd bring my board and, yeah, probably just go to Malmo if I actually want to skate. As long as it's free to stand around and watch the contests I'm good with it.

skatefarm

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 02:01:51 AM »
We got our tickets and an Airbnb the day that video dropped on Thrasher. Mad hyped to go this year.

Weed should be relatively easy to find seeing as Christiania (don't know about the spelling) is just a ferry ride away.

Anyone else making plans to go this year?

Hopefully it doesn't change much from last year.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »
Super easy, just go to christiania.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=94234.msg2612929#msg2612929 date=1487876192
Expand Quote
[close]
Super easy, just go to christiania.
Hmm well, police has been trying to shut down Pusher Street in Chistiania for years, and they've been out there pretty heavily in periods, never managing shutting the stores down more than a couple of weeks at the time.

Back in 2016 it happened though, that some douch shot a policeman on patrol, and the locals at Chistiania took matters in own hands, and tore down all the shops in Pusher Street. I haven't been in Copenhagen since this happened, so I'm not one to tell wether it's really over or not. But  the majority of the people who do live in Christiania smokes hella weed, so it could still be possible. On the other hand, if the inhabitants of Christiania is still on the - no more open dealing of weed - you could very well get yelled at, if you try to approach people..

Under the Copen Open, it should still be easy to score some weed some how though. You shouldn't stay at home because of this.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides