Author Topic: Worst Gear You've Ever Skated  (Read 22356 times)

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Worst Gear You've Ever Skated
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2017, 09:04:03 AM »
HUFs I bough from PLNDR and Bronson bearings

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
We're Orion's really bad?

I've tried nearly every truck but always skated Indys

I remember having one pair of orions around the time pennys crooked grind ad came out but I don't remember them being good or bad

Also old foundation boards were horrible. And slicks. Any slick. Fuck they sucked

What were you doing with the trucks that weren't Indys?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2017, 10:03:17 AM »
Bronson bearings
Yesssss. The Bones super reds I bought were fucking terrible. Worse than any set of regular reds I ever used. ATM blank decks. Those things snapped waaay to easy

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2017, 10:28:59 AM »
phantom 2's are hands down the worst skate product i ever bought (on clearance), what metal was that?

i bought silver trucks when they first came out as did my friends and we all broke them within the first week.

i think it was bullet wheels. those were pretty bad. as were some clear purple rictas my dad got me. i think they were too hard and slippery.

also new deals felt weird what is that, giant distribution back then?

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »
My friend from college got me back into skating in 2010.  I setup a Chocolate MJ 8.12 because I loved the shape and snapped it near the front bolts within 10 days of mostly dicking around on flat trying to get my tricks back.  I was so bummed because the only deck I remember snapping was an Element Donny Barley featherlight on the first session.  Went back to Orchard after the Chocolate was done and got a Girl MC in the same shape.  Snapped it in the exact same spot within 4 days of setting it up.  Never again.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »
Came to say, the mid 90s clear bones, as already said above.
But I think my G&S trucks, hollow and plastic, in 89-90'? Right when they came out. Worst ever.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:53 AM »
phantom 2's are hands down the worst skate product i ever bought (on clearance), what metal was that?
I almost said phatom 2's but I went with the ATM decks instead haha. Phatoms 2's were horrible and their risers were weird as fuck.

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
They were mentioned before but, Tracker or Gullwingswith plastic baseplates. The corners used to break off of the Trackers, they flexed everywhere, buttthey were light and came in pretty colors....ahhh the 80's!

Also, any Vans that I've tried lately, total crap!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:21:26 PM by NJFly318 »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
Back in the mid-2000's I bought a Mystery board and it broke when I did a pop-shove on flat, and all I did was skate flat back then. I don't know if the woodshop producing the boards at that time is still in business, but if so it's best to stay away.

Also had an Indy baseplate crack during the same time period and had to buy new trucks. Again skating mostly flat, not jumping off anything. When that baseplate cracked, all my faith in the coolest brands in skating faded away. But I'm sure it was a defective pair b/c I've had a lot of great times with Indys.

A few years ago I skated a vintage pair of the Lakai Fade (the shoes Pappalardo wears in his IE part) and they weren't that good. But that's probably because I was used to thinner shoes at that point. A lot of those shoes are nicer to look at then skate.

Tried Vans slip-ons and I can't do any tricks in them, I don't know how anyone else can.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Two pairs of Adio Steve Berras.
[close]

Why?

Birdhouse The End? Borra's backside flips? Getting them for dirt cheap second hand probably helped.

Reflex bearings with the ferrules broke within a month. Got them and a pair of kreper trucks as a souvenir from my dad. Felt so bad for both of us.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Two pairs of Adio Steve Berras.
[close]

Why?
[close]
Reflex bearings with the ferrules broke within a month.
Ferreal? The 9 ball ones I had were probably the fastest bearings I've ever owned and lasted a long time. I was also much younger and super small so they could have just felt faster than they really were.

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:15 AM »
These Deklines.

I got them for free once when I bought a jacket. They were super heavy, the sole was at least an inch thick and the insole was probably another inch thick as well. I skated them once and they've been lying in their box ever since.

They were early with the rubber toes though.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2017, 12:51:28 PM »
-The firm deck with new wave technology, I broke it in less than one hour.

-Tensor trucks. I get them for free but damm, they were the worst things I ever ride.

-Nike lunar one shoot, terrible fitting and 0 boardfeel

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
These shits:

I felt like I broke my toes and metatarsals every time the board landed on top of my foot. No support and a shitty lacing system. They were gifted.

And Huh. bearings: https://www.facebook.com/huhhardware/

I had to buy a new setup in San Diego last summer, shop dude was like "these dudes are local, they make good shit." I'm always for supporting the community, and maybe I just got a bad set, but half of them went to shit pretty quickly. Almost completely frozen. Wouldn't necessarily recommend.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Spicy boi.

• Rep: 8
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »
Bought some Rush Abec 5's not too long ago, they were also terrible. Skated them for weeks and they just didn't break in and rolled really fuckin slow

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »
late 90's, early 2000's Indy's.  I must have cracked half a dozen hangers in that period. 

almost any skate-branded clothing
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2017, 02:39:18 PM »
Powell Bonite was fucking terrible.

Also had a mid 90's Powell that snapped behind the front truck when I ollied up a curb.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »
The new supra cuban (post-kswiss). Felt loose, heel kept flopping around, the heel cup somehow ended up unstitched, bad board feel and overall shitty suede quality. Never again

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »
As much as it pains me to say it because I love the brand and everything they put out, but enjoi boards are fucking horrible.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »
I love Emerica and have skated Emerica's periodically since I've started skating but the Reynolds cruisers were by far the worst shoes I've ever skated. Beyond slippery and super stiff, after about a week i ended up giving them away only for that person to tell me they didn't like them either.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
phantom 2 trucks back in the day.  just looked them up, they still make trucks but only in 7.5 and 7.75 inches.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2017, 05:45:53 PM »
surprised at the element hate, I was a fan of the featherlite boards back in the day. seemed to remember them having lots of pop/ feeling nice and crispy

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
Orions and Destructos

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2017, 05:54:17 PM »
phantom 2 trucks back in the day.� just looked them up, they still make have trucks but only in 7.5 and 7.75 inches.

Vision Blur wheels, green and blue.  One color wore out instantly.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »
Zoo York deck: the wood was fine, it's just the shape made nothing work on it. I couldn't land anything. Flip tricks and pop just didn't work on that thing. I ended up giving it away to a friend after a week of consistently bad (or worse than usual I should say) skating.

Wreck Wheels: the set I had would not slide for shit despite how hard they were. Had to put so much effort into getting a decent slide when with STFs and F4s it's so effortless.

AWS wheels: gummy feeling and grippy as all hell.

Any V2 shaped STF wheel: they're good at first but the bearing seat eventually always gets fucked up and worn out to the point where the bearing will pop/slide out of the wheel when you're skating.

Lucky jackpot bearings: these things fell apart in days

Autobahn bearings + Indy abec 7s: both had this problem where the crowns would crack one by one after about a months time.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
A couple more I forgot:
Had a few of those Blind price point decks a couple years back in 8.5 (the ones that cost 30 bucks), the shape is great, I like it a lot, but every single one I've had cracked on me in less than a week, and this is coming from a dude who usually only skates low impact stuff too (flat, manual pads, curbs and ledges, banks, etc)

Reynolds Cruisers: Had a pair back in 2011 and they skated terrible.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2017, 06:31:45 PM »
Grind King AXL trucks were terrrrible. As were Ruckus Trucks.

Anyone remember that Diamond hardware that had a bulb end on the nut... they were supposed to hold so you only really had to have the allen key to tighten them? Those joints were terrible. On the opposite side of the complicating-hardware-in-the-name-of-simplicity spectrum, Randoms hardware were also crap.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »
I'll add onto the Reynolds cruisers talk, they were heavy as fuck and I ended up wearing them to work so they'd get destroyed quicker

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »
Got some Super Reds ceramics for Christmas 2015. Them bitches seized up and went to shit after a month of skating, mostly at a clean, dry skatepark. I know other dudes who've had the same thing happen. Horseshit product.

I'm generally pretty open-minded about trucks, but I skated some Royals maybe 10 years ago and they were the worst truck I've ever ridden. Reminded me of Walmart trucks--no rebound, turn didn't feel right. I could barely ride down the street.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2017, 07:51:14 PM »
palace deck - felt completely soaked day 1
girl deck - snapped in 15 minutes
tensor trucks - i can't say they were so bad but i dont really remember them at all..
phantom 2 trucks - actually was able to return these after using them for a day .. weird ebay thing in the early 2000s

I know i only ever broke one kingpin in my life and that may have been the tensors now that i think of it