Author Topic: London 2017  (Read 9440 times)

JerrySeinfeld

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
London 2017
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »
Im heading to London in the spring (end of april, start of may) with my girlfriend.

Im thinking of staying in the Shoreditch area.

Id appreciate any suggestions on some cool shit to see and do i.e. museums, shows, bars etc.

I've been going to comedy clubs lately so if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

I'll be with my gf but I would like skate some mornings. Any places that are a must to check out? preferably low bust plaza type spots.

Thanks

Second Division

• Rep: 8
Re: London 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:26:43 PM »
Mile End Park in East London, White grounds near the Thames, and of course South Bank. All really fun spots. Then for shops Slam City in central London, and Parlour which is next to Mile End.

Shoreditch is an awesome area, lot of cool stuff to do around there and fun bars to check out. Brick Lane is close by and is a cool spot too.

If you just skate around though you'll find plenty of spots in Central London, but that'll get you started.

Blanco

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 07:24:58 AM »
There Is some skateable stuff (blocks etc.) in Shoreditch Park but I've heard the ground is pretty rough now.

In terms of actual street plazas the most bust free spot is around Elephant & Castle station. And if you are heading out that way the old skatepark in Stockwell is good for a mellow cruise.

Kathryn Bottrell

• Rep: 0
    • Presentation Management avatar image
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »
I am looking for some suggestion in that area for my next vacations.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »

skate wise south bank is  unreal and in a really cool spot. where there is normally a lot of stuff going on.  going over the bridge and seeing the skyline was a trip.

NonSkate Stuff:
near the house of vans (which was closed for a private event when i went by) there is this tunnel (which i guess is famous) covered in some of the raddest graffiti and when i went there there was this really funny dude ripping lines in a little house he made of cardboard boxes.  i believe the term for this kind of guy is chav.

The Tiroler Hut Restaurant is this Hungarian restaurant where i probably had the most fun of my life.  they do fondue with meat, have live pokla and das boot.  my three friends and I may or may not have set the record for most das boots drunk by one table in a single night.  10/10 absolutely recommend it is impossible to not have fun there.

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese is a really pub from like the 1500s and is a really good low key bar.

the Imperial War Museum (Free) is probably one of the best free museums i've ever been to. it is so well done and has some amazing stuff from WW1 and WWII.  you will hate Germans after but that's okay.  its also in a realyl good spot.

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
any recommendations for non-skate stuff in Haringey or Crouch End? Renting an apartment in Haringey for 5 days next January. Looking for good food and coffee/tea. Won't be skating at all, just in town for the Masters at Alexandra Palace and looking to do some touristy stuff.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 01:12:34 AM »
The Tiroler Hut Restaurant is this Hungarian restaurant

*TRIGGERED*

its an austrian restaurant.
but then again austria and hungary were one big empire once, so i kinda accept that.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 03:02:41 AM »
I'm going on Monday working au-pair for a month. Staying in the Catford area (south east).. I've been like 10 times but always stayed bethnal green/mile end. My friend who's been working in London for years says my area sucks.. does that mean in general or just less busy/drugged out than shoreditch? I'd be down for that.
What's good to skate in the area? PM if you want to experience social awkwardness.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:05:13 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 03:14:33 AM »
baysixty6 park is the best, go there

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »
I'm visiting London and didn't bring a board. I happened to end up at south bank. Some random dude let me get a nosegrind on his board. On the chance that he's a Pal. Good looking out dude. I was stoked I got to roll around there for 2 minutes.

Thanks!

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 03:54:11 AM »
All the tourists go to shoreditch these days but South London is where the tourists don't go.

Check out Brixton for Food and drinking, its pretty much a festival Fri-Sun when the suns out.    It also has an old 70s skatepark.

For art check out Tate Britain, (not Tate Modern) and go to the http://www.caskpubandkitchen.com/  afterwards for loads of different beers.

Southbank is tough to skate, but if you want something easier check out Mile End, and something less busy Peckham