Author Topic: Sun Kil Moon new album streaming full  (Read 1671 times)

Huell Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
Sun Kil Moon new album streaming full
« on: February 16, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »
"Common As Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood"

Mark's new album is streaming in full up on his site:
http://www.sunkilmoon.com/commonaslight/

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
Re: Sun Kil Moon new album streaming full
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:48:58 PM »
Thnx.

I remember really liking their "Neverending Math Equation" cover a long time ago. Sooo touching and soulful!

Sun Kil Moon - Neverending Math Equation // Pi

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 07:42:40 PM »
Yeah that Modest Mouse covers album was really good, a lot of really interesting interpretations on there.
"Ghosts of the Great Highways" is pretty much flawless, and one of my favorite albums really.
As much as I love early SKM, I've still never listened to Red House Painters. I really should.

I kinda lost interest in Kozelek for a bit, but was pleasantly surprised when he put out "Benji" a few years ago.
However, I'm definitely more divided by his output since then.

"Universal Themes" took that stream-of-conscious lyric style he was developing, to the point of often being annoying, but there was still some really good, interesting songs on that album.

However, that collaboration he did with Jesu that was released last year, was seriously terrible.

I'm about 3/4s of the way through the new one. He's continuing with the self-indulgently hyper specific lyrics, but still, I like most of the songs I've heard so far. This definitely didn't need to be a double album though. oh and there's skits too? thanks Mark...

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »
I'm also a pretty big fan of the collaboration album Mark Kozelek put out with Jimmy Lavelle (The Album Leaf) a few years back.
It's a cool change to hear Kozelek's folksy style, over some dour electronic music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YFt7OlZ4BY