Author Topic: I want to start my own skate company  (Read 4573 times)

Mother Goose.

Re: I want to start my own skate company
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »
turn jeremiah vance pro. bring back new wave construction. increase the peace. decrease the yeast

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 06:33:11 PM »
Put out quality shit and be a professional when it comes to the business side of things. After dealing with different reps, manufactures, shop owners, etc I'm amazed how many of them don't treat their business like an actual business. I'm not saying wear a suit and be an asshole, just give a shit and go the extra mile like you actually care if you're successful.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 06:50:18 PM »
Put out quality shit and be a professional when it comes to the business side of things. After dealing with different reps, manufactures, shop owners, etc I'm amazed how many of them don't treat their business like an actual business. I'm not saying wear a suit and be an asshole, just give a shit and go the extra mile like you actually care if you're successful.

Good advice. Professionalism and how to conduct yourself in a business role is a dying art.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
Almost everything has been done. It should be an original idea that's unlike anything else out there. If you just want to put out small runs of boards, there are already plenty of good companies out there that are struggling.

It's probably difficult to run your own woodshop, but you should definitely draw your own shapes and possibly create your own CNC molds so that no other company uses the same board. You also need to use the best woodshop instead of shit resellers that make small runs.

Zimmer

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »
Almost everything has been done. It should be an original idea that's unlike anything else out there. If you just want to put out small runs of boards, there are already plenty of good companies out there that are struggling.

It's probably difficult to run your own woodshop, but you should definitely draw your own shapes and possibly create your own CNC molds so that no other company uses the same board. You also need to use the best woodshop instead of shit resellers that make small runs.

I would say, that my company's brand/image would be more based on the skating and filming itself. There was a certain persons edit (that I can't fucking find anymore because the internet sucks), that convinced me that its still possible to be surprised by skate videos.

Eventually getting into deck creation would be sweet, but thats not the first priority. There's video parts I see in my head, that need to be made. I might not even be able to do the skating myself, but there's something unknown.. And I know it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:40:13 PM by Zimmer »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 10:36:56 PM »
Make some stickers and toss them around to everyone.

Zimmer

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 11:58:09 PM »
Make some stickers and toss them around to everyone.

Yes. My company's name is gonna be "ABYSS".

Steal it if you want, I'll just sue you! We'll have a podcast, with local riders saying stupid shit.. Then we'll burn down a building in our hood, and be shot on spot.

Zimmer

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 12:00:08 AM »
My first video part will involve me bombing a small, steep hill!