Author Topic: STRAYE  (Read 38659 times)

Handsome B. Wonderful

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: STRAYE
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »
his patriotism is admirable, but type-o's like that are happens when you put Dane Burman(or any australian...) in charge of a shoe company

Never don't believe in yourself.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »
unless they come up with something a little more original I don't see these being a huge success

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wonder if I'm looking at the same things as you all are.

This is the shoe they've chosen to introduce the brand with on Facebook:

Here's their no apologies marketing campaign (take that society):

Here's the logo (total anarchy):

Here's the shoe in this post in all white (There's no way that Mike V isn't a part of this):

[close]

I was searching myself and found all that pictures too
also that LA Showroom with bikes - pretty strange - i dont
know what direction they want to go...
Bike boots, skateable chuck Taylor, pink leo print slip ons....?

But shoes with circle A Logo - really? no grown man will
wear a strong cliche like that?
[close]

hahaha, that dude Bob from Circle-A is gonna have a shitfit when he sees that!!!
[close]

I assure you Bob does no give one fuck about the opinions of anyone. Being an old as ex-freestyler with a smoking wife who is still making bank from skateboarding will do that to you.

back in 2002 I used to work at the GreatMall when Vans skatepark used to be there.  There was this wanna be skate shop called Atomic Garage, one day Bob walks in after skating the park, I so happened to be wearing the old Circle A Anarchy-logo shirt and showed it to him.  He told me to drop by the shop and he hooked it up...hes a good dude.

Side story about that same shop...Sean Penn and his former wife Robin Wright ( house of cards/  forrest gump) walked in with disguises, we recognized them asked why they were in the shop...they told us their kids were skating the park, signed a blank skate board for the manager and left.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wonder if I'm looking at the same things as you all are.

Here's their no apologies marketing campaign (take that society):

Here's the logo (total anarchy):

Here's the shoe in this post in all white (There's no way that Mike V isn't a part of this):

[close]

I was searching myself and found all that pictures too
also that LA Showroom with bikes - pretty strange - i dont
know what direction they want to go...
Bike boots, skateable chuck Taylor, pink leo print slip ons....?

But shoes with circle A Logo - really? no grown man will
wear a strong cliche like that?
[close]

hahaha, that dude Bob from Circle-A is gonna have a shitfit when he sees that!!!
[close]

I assure you Bob does no give one fuck about the opinions of anyone. Being an old as ex-freestyler with a smoking wife who is still making bank from skateboarding will do that to you.
The only truth in your statement is "ex-freestlyer." He'd probably be psyched thinking he somehow influenced this and will hashtag "poached anarchism" while reposting other people's pics.
you never know about pre-cum 

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
Shoe goo on proto's huh...

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
Sorry chief.
Gentleman ninja warlock

SMUTTLORD

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2017, 04:27:51 PM »
I'd skate a low top of the fake chucks/skate hi's

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2017, 04:42:30 PM »
Model the next shoe after the emerica Ellington I'll buy a pair and won't beat the fuck out of you for talking shit to my local shop owner

I'd like to hear more about this plz

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
Greco involved? could see him getting behind a new project

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
ISuck of Straye

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2017, 07:14:20 AM »
What is the price point?  They really don't look durable at all.  I feel like I would be replacing my laces daily :(   ...

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »

my guess is that these are going to be produced and rebranded by vans. JT posted this on IG not too long ago thanking vans for working with him. if theyre being made by vans then these straye shoes might not be bad if they can get some decent looking designs together.

my guess is that they will sell at the same price point as the vans equivalent. i cant imagine the brand being successful if they sell for more, regardless of quality.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »
Expand Quote
You guys are losing it if you think Muska is leaving supra any time soon. He just put out his fifth shoe with them last month.
[close]

For real. No fuckin way is he bouncing from Supra.

Vallely is a good guess.

wait and see boys, unfortunately it's true.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »

my guess is that these are going to be produced and rebranded by vans. JT posted this on IG not too long ago thanking vans for working with him. if theyre being made by vans then these straye shoes might not be bad if they can get some decent looking designs together.

my guess is that they will sell at the same price point as the vans equivalent. i cant imagine the brand being successful if they sell for more, regardless of quality.

my take on that post is that Bennet/Vans had been hooking him up with shoes until this (crap) was official. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are losing it if you think Muska is leaving supra any time soon. He just put out his fifth shoe with them last month.
[close]

Vallely is a good guess.
[close]

thank you.  those were responses to me saying that muska would be in on this shit.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Vallely is a good guess.
[close]

Yep. Unfortunately.

Also not produced or backed by Vans. Started by Angel Cabada who started Supra. My guess is after cashing the fuck in selling to K-Swiss this is his new shit to try and grab that market that Supra occupies. You guys will see as the marketing unfolds how corny this brand is.

Really bummed Jamie and Muska have anything to do with this.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »
^^^^clearly me and Watson got the same info.  I suspect Muska is double cashing in on this one.  Royalties from that Skytop 5 or whatever the fuck that thing is, and then double dipping on this shit.  Angel definitely banked out on that K-Swiss deal and is trying to do the same crap with this brand, trying to get A-list celebs and famous people to wear the brand and make it acceptable to the masses. 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2017, 11:23:27 AM »
K Swiss really pussied out on their skate line

shit_for_brains

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
They're trying to make Greg Lutzka kill himself

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »
I think I'll straye away from these
fuck you bama

BMCsteve

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »
The more info that comes out about this the worse it sounds.  My guess is that JT and Muska get a piece if the brand sells just lot a few of the OG Supra crew got

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »
Not denying Muska leaving Supra for this, but why would they release the Skytop V only for him to leave soon after its release?  Doesn't make sense to me.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2017, 03:55:12 PM »
Not denying Muska leaving Supra for this, but why would they release the Skytop V only for him to leave soon after its release?  Doesn't make sense to me.

Dollars, homeboy. 

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The shoes Jamie posted look alright but these are much more indicative of the brand's direction. A bunch of garish knock off Vans that will be marketed towards the celebrity crossover niche that Supra kinda of operates in. Part of their launch to market strategy is "seeding to influencers" some of which are listed are Rihanna, Cara Delvigne, James Franco, Bieber, Jay-Z, Brad Pitt, Jessica Alba, and Channing Tatum.

The company is actually so embarrassing.

OMG u guys im hi AF rn
[close]

Do those shoes really have "hi AF" on them?????

fuck thats just embarrassing. cringe

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »

Contracts probably. As one contract dies, the other one will become valid and the transition should be as easy as that. If Muska still wants to get paid at Supra, he's going to continue to endorse Supra. I am sure this is what Carroll wanted with MJ as he was exiting.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2017, 05:13:59 PM »
I have no clue how a shoe company could come out nowadays that just cookie cutters any other shoe or shoe brand. Unless there are companies out there that will just start up anyone. Ooh ooh, just thought of this.....what if shoe brands just sell to anyone for labeling in the future. You know, like, shop shoes. Holy frick, I bet that happens. It might as well with the way that things are going.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:32:14 PM by poowizard »

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »

neil.

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Vallely is a good guess.
[close]

[close]

Yep. Unfortunately.

Also not produced or backed by Vans. Started by Angel Cabada who started Supra. My guess is after cashing the fuck in selling to K-Swiss this is his new shit to try and grab that market that Supra occupies. You guys will see as the marketing unfolds how corny this brand is.

Really bummed Jamie and Muska have anything to do with this.

I heard from the Dist that the rubber or something is left over from the vans factory..

but yeah everything else watson said is true.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »
anarchy brah! and straya, what could go possibly go wrong?
doubt the chief is back on veganism and all the information (plus those slip on shits) up until this point is making me cringe but hey, I guess you gotta get paid right? In a perfect world Emerica would've approached JT and done proper resissues of his first shoe (vegan options included)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
as corny as the whole celebrity angle sounds, i love the fact that people jump on the "fuck straye" bandwagon while wearing nike golf polo shirts with a SB rebranding.