Author Topic: Indoor Ramps  (Read 1651 times)

BrunsdOut17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Indoor Ramps
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:29:21 PM »
Yo guys.

I was wondering if anyone can share some insight on renting out a warehouse/barn for a mini ramp. Any problems that arisen with the landlords or any legal troubles they came across. Basically any advice would be sick.

Thanks.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Indoor Ramps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »
I've rented a warehouse the past three winters in a row without much issue.
The space we have now is going to remain a year-round rental spot which I am pretty stoked on.

1) find a place that isn't in great shape or that couldn't be otherwise rented to a more "normal" tenant. If you're in New England, an old mill building is the perfect scenario.
2) be very upfront with the landlords about what you intend to do, and offer to pay first/last/security up front as well as sign a lease.
3) limit the number of key-holders to around 10 or fewer and make sure they are all trustworthy/not fuck-ups.
4) establish some rules for the space and enforce them.
5) just use common sense and be very respectful, professional and courteous when looking for spaces--show up to viewings on time, not dressed like a slob...treat it like a job interview...you know, normal adult shit.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

BrunsdOut17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Indoor Ramps
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
Sick thank you for the tips. Yeah I'm in NJ so I have been looking around on craigslist or whatever for old barns or warehouses. Good to know to be upfront to the landlords about it, I'm sure you run into a lot less issues being straight up.