Author Topic: instrument/gear thread  (Read 5948 times)

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
  • THEY OWE
Re: instrument/gear thread
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »
damn man, that's the classic set up right there. I used to have the 8x10, I don't have it anymore and don't regret it all since it weighs like 14 metric tons, but I have always wanted that SVT sound.

Mongoloid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Oozing Machismo
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 06:04:12 PM »
Just picked up a TC Electronic T2 reverb pedal. It was a toss up between the T2 and the More conventional Hall of Fame pedal, but I chose the wilder option.

Very atmospheric/cosmic reverb that should pair well with my synths as well as guitar.

Should tide me over until I can justify paying what it costs to get my hands on the Styrmon Blue Sky, and El Capistan delay.

I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

habby

• Rep: 2
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »
my martin dx1A and danelectro heaven hawk. love both these things dearly  ;D

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 09:55:48 AM »
I have a fender jaguar special HH (white / tortoiseshell) and a jazzmaster

Pedals:
Big Muff nano which is nice and small as opposed to the regular big muff. It sounds exactly the same but doesn't take up so much room.
Digitech Lexicon Reverb that models the old lexicon racks. Pretty decent and has a lot of different variations effects.
Boss DD7 delay. Love this thing. the 40 second loop feature is nice too when I just want to play over chord progressions in my bedroom
Electro-Harmonix Small Stone phaser
TC MojoMojo overdrive pedal. This thing rules actually for those subtle overdrive tones. I usually keep this on really low and it sounds great.
Boss TR2 Tremelo. A must.
Then of course the boss Chromatic tuner. This thing is much better in my opinion than that TC electronics one.

I have a fender Ultimate Chorus amp, which is a competitor to the Jazz Chorus from Roland. Not as good in my opinion. Need to get a new amp.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
Fender Jag-Stang (almost 20yrs old)
-basic dan-o-electro distortion pedals.
-I usually just run it through my roland mixing board if i want more effects. 
-For speakers im using $300 M-Audio Monitors

I usually just play delta style/ detroit style blues so it gets hard to justify buy more stuff to setup

Dwyck

• Rep: -21
  • I left my Phillie at home - do you have another?
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »
I have a yamaha rbx 250 and an ampeg 112h cab. bass is a low end p bass copy from the nineties i need to get tuned. I'm just learning theory and technique on my own right now, but some I also play in this band my high school friends are doing. still scoping out an amp, 100-250w but my fender rumble is doing alright in my bedroom for now. any recs?
When discussions spiral into shit like this it's time to drop 250ug lsd and stare at a lake for a minute.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »

currently running these guys. Play bass in a band. guitar is just a hobby of mine.
Also i really love offset bodies.
Damn I was just looking at that same squier jaguar on the fender website same color and everything! How do ya like it? Been thinking of grabbing one sometime since I'm not trying to spend too much money by picking up a fender rn