Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146640 times)

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
Re: BATB 10
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2017, 05:34:40 AM »
The level is insane nowadays. Everyone can do every trick, fuckups are the exception. Not sure if that makes it more or less interesting though.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »
The level is insane nowadays. Everyone can do every trick, fuckups are the exception. Not sure if that makes it more or less interesting though.

Truth...every trick with pop and good flick.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2017, 12:11:19 PM »
This BATB is already off to a better start than the last one with no pre/post match shit.

I'll come out and say I don't mind Cody Cepeda's skating at all.

That Miles and Ishod match got me stoked to go skate. They're both so good. Interesting to the movement of how they set up their feet and pop/flick so quickly and spread their legs to catch the board so perfectly bolts. As a skater who grew up with parking lots and tarmacadam, it's always crazy to see flips with perfect form like that. Inspiring, even.

So I guess Miles can't really front bigspin? I wouldn't have guessed that, but a lot of top tech pros sometimes have that one movement that they can't manage. Reminds me of Moose vs PJ, all of Moose's letters were some kind of inward heel variation (the four stances and a fakie inward big heel, I think).

drcroc

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Found myself having these same thoughts while watching the games. Should interesting to see who advances because I'm rooting for style instead of just getting it done ugly and like a robot.

Also, being a Chris Chann fanboy myself I was wondering why he isn't in the bracket.

calvinsdream

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Found myself having these same thoughts while watching the games. Should interesting to see who advances because I'm rooting for style instead of just getting it done ugly and like a robot.

Also, being a Chris Chann fanboy myself I was wondering why he isn't in the bracket.

???

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2017, 05:25:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

???

Channboys A.K.A The Dragon Flip Appreciation Society

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »
This might be the new real confessions thread

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
Was curious how this was going to go now that Berra is of Berrics and it's funny he's missing from this video. Wonder when they actually filmed this

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »
Was curious how this was going to go now that Berra is of Berrics and it's funny he's missing from this video. Wonder when they actually filmed this

???

Also they're doing some kind of a review talk show on the games now with mike mo and Crob, shit was super awkward to the point that it's pretty funny, you can tell Chris doesn't give a shit about the battles or nerding out on flatground tricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8coW86RYVgg

youngbuck

• Rep: -5
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »
Ishod's tricks were pretty ugly. Also, I'm still not a fan of doing kickflips, heelflips, and 360 flips for the first twelve tricks, it gets repetitive after a while

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

???

He's not that bad and seems like a cool guy, but I just don't think he's as consistent as most of the other guys in the competition.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

???

Also they're doing some kind of a review talk show on the games now with mike mo and Crob, shit was super awkward to the point that it's pretty funny, you can tell Chris doesn't give a shit about the battles or nerding out on flatground tricks

Mike Mo sounds like such a jock.

UselessAsshole

« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

???

[close]

Dude asks, "How'd he miss a tre flip?" like he didn't break his leg in half driving a fucking golf cart.....

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2017, 09:38:31 PM »
oof

wattscain

« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2017, 09:52:27 PM »
Mike Mo sounds like the kind of guy who likes to talk about tricks and how they're done. You ever see his trick tips from years back. You can tell he is always thinking about the details of how to do tricks.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »
Cody Cepeda: ultimate crop dust flipper who you'd never want to watch a part from but also the number 1 skater for a competition like BATB. Having some psycho wildcard like him in the competition assures we'll see some interesting shit.

I also love the addition of the C-Rob version of the post-game show. Fuck it the Berrics is a fun park to skate and BATB has been the harbinger of spring for a decade now. You can act like you hate it but you know you don't.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2017, 01:34:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

???

[close]

Jock?? More like a total nerd, not that it's any better though

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2017, 06:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
has cody ever skated street?
[close]
...do people want to see him skate street? slowest skater I've ever seen
Yeah he does, he's from some crazy rust belt part of Michigan i think, he and all his friends skate this plaza in one of the downtowns that has everything. I'm guessing it was something built when the auto industry was killing it and the city had crazy tax base and now that city is totally dead, and no one seems to care that they skate this spot.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2017, 07:04:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

???

[close]

[close]

Dude asks, "How'd he miss a tre flip?" like he didn't break his leg in half driving a fucking golf cart.....

Mike Mo never won a BATB, but act like he's the best on it.

Global Moderator

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »
???

calvinsdream

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:55 AM »
Cody Cepeda: ultimate crop dust flipper who you'd never want to watch a part from but also the number 1 skater for a competition like BATB. Having some psycho wildcard like him in the competition assures we'll see some interesting shit.

I also love the addition of the C-Rob version of the post-game show. Fuck it the Berrics is a fun park to skate and BATB has been the harbinger of spring for a decade now. You can act like you hate it but you know you don't.

I heard ETN is real cool too

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »
for the same reason i love juggalos ill always root for the guy in the red dragon gear.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

drcroc

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2017, 07:40:54 PM »
For the dude who said Berra is of the Berrics, you meant "off" ?? Cause he's sitting with Crob in the bleachers during one of the games.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

???

[close]

[close]

[close]

He was the first one to ever win.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

???
[close]

Channboys A.K.A The Dragon Flip Appreciation Society

Hey...

drcroc

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2017, 03:01:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

???
[close]

He's not that bad and seems like a cool guy, but I just don't think he's as consistent as most of the other guys in the competition.

This game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmJwzaQ1e7E begs to differ...

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2017, 06:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

???

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He was the first one to ever win.

Oh shit, this is true.

jomeara1

« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2017, 07:25:36 AM »

I guess it makes it a more even competition for everyone, but nothing "shocks" me anymore.  Once somebody does an insane trick in these, soon everyone does it and becomes the norm.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2017, 08:47:33 AM »
dayumn, berra is such a hard nippled kook. his new
haircut looks like he fell straight into a lawn mower.