Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146675 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: BATB 10
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »
Nobody can win BATB with Indy's.
so its only been ventures & thunders so far?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2017, 08:08:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Morgan skates alot more than most pros, he's got every basic trick in his arsenal.

Plus he's used to shitty Canadian conditions. Most pros wouldn't even think of skating when it's -15 outside
[close]
Shit I couldn't even imagine skating with it being -15. I've skated a several times when it's -5 Fahrenheit and I had to where full thermal under layers wool socks and gloves with Vaseline on my nose.
I'd assume he was using celsius, so -5 Fahrenheit is colder than -15 celsius. 

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:38 PM »
Morgan's put on some kilos. Guy still kills it but he must be doing something wrong nutritionally.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2017, 08:29:09 PM »
Morgan's put on some kilos. Guy still kills it but he must be doing something wrong nutritionally.
Thanks, Jenny Craig.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thanks, Jenny Craig.
LOL

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

asakusa75

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2017, 01:03:31 AM »
skateboarding is way too easy for that dude Carlos. Watch the way he flicked that nollie front big flip..... so much control with that pop and llate flick.

I watch his clips, especially stuff like this that I can sort of relate to (meaning flat ground) , and think maybe I should buy one of those shiny Primitive boards, maybe its going to help me.
Bet it doesn't...

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2017, 03:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Morgan skates alot more than most pros, he's got every basic trick in his arsenal.

Plus he's used to shitty Canadian conditions. Most pros wouldn't even think of skating when it's -15 outside
[close]
Shit I couldn't even imagine skating with it being -15. I've skated a several times when it's -5 Fahrenheit and I had to where full thermal under layers wool socks and gloves with Vaseline on my nose.
[close]

Yeah I meant Celsius. That's gnarly to skate in. We're Canadian so it's not so much the cold, it's your trucks.

Toronto gets alot colder too but then it's pretty safe to assume there is a few feet of snow accumulation at that point.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2017, 05:22:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Nobody can win BATB with Indy's.
[close]
so its only been ventures & thunders so far?

Only ventures and thunders riders won it.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »
can u wear an army green hat with a maroon striped shirt?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
can u wear an army green hat with a maroon striped shirt?

Runs well with the rest of the cunt ensamble.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »
Bored.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Yeah I meant Celsius. That's gnarly to skate in. We're Canadian so it's not so much the cold, it's your trucks.

Toronto gets alot colder too but then it's pretty safe to assume there is a few feet of snow accumulation at that point.
I might as well be Canadian...Except I'm not even allowed in the country. I guess there's usually snow on the ground here too but that's what parking garages are for. Shit everything about your skateboard starts to suck when it's that cold. Trucks don't turn wheels literally feel like rocks. griptape will start ripping away.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2017, 12:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I might as well be Canadian...Except I'm not even allowed in the country. I guess there's usually snow on the ground here too but that's what parking garages are for. Shit everything about your skateboard starts to suck when it's that cold. Trucks don't turn wheels literally feel like rocks. griptape will start ripping away.

It's only cold here in the winter(unless you go waaa?y north)

But yeah, skating in winter sucks. Falling hurts 10x worse, flip tricks are super hard because how tight your trucks get

I mentioned it in the wax thread, I carry a 5lb propane torch in my vehicle for those reasons.

Back on topic.

As look as koston has become, it's nice to see him flip his board. No fuckin. Way could he beat anyone in this bracket though
Gentleman ninja warlock

drcroc

« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
Koston should've done a switch front three, maybe he would've stood a chance if he only did the awkward tricks no one else has had twenty years to learn.  And the Morgan vs. Carlos game was steeze world.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
Too bad Koston doesn't really play to win anymore, that would have been fun. Haven't seen a pressure flip in BATB for years now.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2017, 04:01:56 PM »
that was embarrassing watching Koston, he obviously hasn't been spending much time on his board lately.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
that was embarrassing watching Koston, he obviously hasn't been spending much time on his board lately.

Lately? He has not been taking it seriously ever since they started The Berrics. He should thank his lucky star for the talent he possesses.

le88

• Rep: -7
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2017, 06:08:54 AM »
i dont think any of them are taking this serious. Carlos is a good example

Grind King Rims

« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2017, 06:53:09 AM »
Mano A Mano>BATB

C'mon now.

Slides & Grinds > BATB > Mano A Mano

Anyone else think it's strange that they let people who are still in the competition referee, i.e., Ishod reffing the koston v tucker game?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2017, 08:01:48 AM »
koston vs. tucker was some of the sloppiest looking tricks ive seen from two pros.

calvinsdream

« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2017, 08:31:33 AM »
Wasn't it Koston who was saying he didn't want to ever practice for BATB (pros vs joes) because it was like beating up on a bunch of "high school kids"? I think Nick Tucker was one of the joes...

Watching him huck that frontside flip was just ugly, and having him call his own re-dos only to fuck it up twice was pretty cringey. Does Koston know it's ok for the camera to be recording AND for him not to be in front of it?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »
Konstons flat game was doo doo

drcroc

« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »
Wasn't it Koston who was saying he didn't want to ever practice for BATB (pros vs joes) because it was like beating up on a bunch of "high school kids"? I think Nick Tucker was one of the joes...

Watching him huck that frontside flip was just ugly, and having him call his own re-dos only to fuck it up twice was pretty cringey. Does Koston know it's ok for the camera to be recording AND for him not to be in front of it?

I know Koston played a kid named Nick Holt a.k.a. Nick Bolts during Pros vs Joes... and won.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
Konston problems in batb are...

Although he loves the camera, he doesn't like the pressure his career has put on him. He's on a pedestal career wise.

So, this leads to problem #numbers2, he dorks around to take off the pressure so people think he's joking around.

#numbers3. He doesn't skate enough. He's still fully capable of bangin' out basic flatground tricks and dork tricks if he skates.

#numbers4, it's a fact skaters today are just waaay more fuckingawesome, and he'd lose regardless

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:47:21 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Grind King Rims

« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know Koston played a kid named Nick Holt a.k.a. Nick Bolts during Pros vs Joes... and won.

I'm guilty of mixing these two up.

drcroc

« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I confused them also cause I have no idea who either of them are.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I confused them also cause I have no idea who either of them are.

eating that big ass burrito then trying to play skate is a guaranteed loss

drcroc

« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »
If you're OG steezy with your style you psych out the other person to miss their trick. #facts. This isn't just "going fast" and "popping high" it's just straight style. Like when you see the trick and go "oHhhh shhhhitttt" in front of your computer, even though it was just a backside 180 heelflip.  Also, I'm waiting to see someone do a Gazelle Spin in BATB I don't remember anyone ever doing one.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
Despite his social media missteps in recent years, Koston is a legend. It kinda sucks watching him decline though. It happens to us all. Unless, of course, you're Reynolds.

calvinsdream

« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »
Despite his social media missteps in recent years, Koston is a legend. It kinda sucks watching him decline though. It happens to us all. Unless, of course, you're Reynolds.

Nothing against his formidable legacy, at all.

Just wondering what the cut off is for "not taking it seriously" and just riding that legacy into the ground, instead of stepping aside for the young bucks. Koston always has to have his kooked out face all over shit he doesn't seem to give a fuck about, not to mention the fact that he perpetuates the rumor that Steve Berra is a person.