Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146650 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: BATB 10
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
Koston being in these games is just like when Sam Rothstein used to walk the floor. Just an owner showing his face.

drcroc

« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Despite his social media missteps in recent years, Koston is a legend. It kinda sucks watching him decline though. It happens to us all. Unless, of course, you're Reynolds.
[close]

Nothing against his formidable legacy, at all.

Just wondering what the cut off is for "not taking it seriously" and just riding that legacy into the ground, instead of stepping aside for the young bucks. Koston always has to have his kooked out face all over shit he doesn't seem to give a fuck about, not to mention the fact that he perpetuates the rumor that Steve Berra is a person.

I personally love Berra's DVS part

drcroc

« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »
i dont think any of them are taking this serious. Carlos is a good example

Not taking it serious is prob. better than the contrary (taking it too serious). But really... The "taking it serious or not" conversation in the first place wouldn't exist at all if skating really belonged anywhere near the Olympics.

drcroc

« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »
I'm sure there's a separate thread for this, but I actually didn't know skating is going to be in the 2020 Olympics until recently. I saw people joking about it in videos but I thought it was a joke. The fact that it's real is pretty weak. Shout out to everyone else who didn't know it's a real thing until right now.  ;D

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »
Koston being in these games is just like when Sam Rothstein used to walk the floor. Just an owner showing his face.
Some skaters have been skimming off the top. Like that drunnelmen over there, where the wallet was, minus the cash.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
Ishod had an insta story with him in the ref shirt and someone holding a baby in the background only 2 weeks ago.

Pretty interesting that they've decided to film these so close to release in comparison to previous 'seasons' where it was said that there was months before release.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »
Maybe I missed this discussion elsewhere, but I noticed Borra in Adidas. Didn't they specifically say they have a policy against sponsoring scientologists?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2017, 12:23:42 AM »
i am no expert but maybe he just bought it?
there's not much adidas can do against that.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2017, 08:39:22 AM »
Right, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. However, considering how much money shoe sponsors dump into advertising at the Berrics, it would be weird if he weren't getting boxes left and right. 

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »
Maybe I missed this discussion elsewhere, but I noticed Borra in Adidas. Didn't they specifically say they have a policy against sponsoring scientologists?
Berra and Skin have always been big homies and i'm sure they still are, so i'm sure Berra can get anything he wants. If you look at any old Berra photos most of them were shot by Skin. Plus being the Berrics is the biggest skateboard media outlet right now i'm sure Berra can get boxes any company he wants aside from FA and Workshop.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »
so he's finally of DC?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2017, 10:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Berra and Skin have always been big homies and i'm sure they still are, so i'm sure Berra can get anything he wants. If you look at any old Berra photos most of them were shot by Skin. Plus being the Berrics is the biggest skateboard media outlet right now i'm sure Berra can get boxes any company he wants aside from FA and Workshop.

I thought Skin said that Berra's a cunt. Maybe I'm wrong. Cunt.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you really think the berrics is bigger than thrasher?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yep

Not that I like it though
Gentleman ninja warlock

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2017, 12:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yep

Not that I like it though
Tween market could do that but damned if I know how you'd get accurate web traffic stats on this. What's Thrashers average YouTube views versus say the Remive kooks? I do know that when I went to the west end yesterday I saw six Thrasher tees in 20 minutes  on people that have definitely never gripped a board (and probably don't know Thrasher has a website).

dk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:10 PM »
Tween market could do that but damned if I know how you'd get accurate web traffic stats on this. What's Thrashers average YouTube views versus say the Remive kooks?

Currently Revive > Thrasher > The Berrics on YouTube stats alone, but Thrasher + The Berrics have their own major sites with their own video players that get content before it's put on YT. According to Alexa (website ranking), Thrasher has the larger traffic of the two:

Here's where I got these numbers from;
https://socialblade.com/youtube/compare/andrewschrock/thrashermagazine/theberrics
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/thrashermagazine.com
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/theberrics.com

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »
Koston being in these games is just like when Sam Rothstein used to walk the floor. Just an ex owner showing his face.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »
I wonder what the states are just from site visits. Weren't The Berrics the highest view skate site at one point? Thrasher really came in and revamped themselves and made it work. Revive stats are definitely skewed but impressive as well.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2017, 08:16:13 AM »
Malto vs. Donovan post-"match" questions

How much did Nike/Mountain Dew pay to produce that skit?
Who do you think they hired to direct it?
How many tries did it take Malto for those advanced flatground tricks?
Will Malto make out of the 1st round

"I just walked in on this." - Steve Berra

jexe

• Rep: -4
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »
Fake as fuck, I wonder how long/how many tries it took them to film the first half. Also Maltos back wheels touched before he popped the nollie flip.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2017, 09:49:59 AM »
Obviously fake but still, I bursted out laughing when Malto said: "Time to end this shit". It's like you're in High School and first graders comes up to you and says "time to end this shit" in a cringeworthy deep voice.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »

"I just walked in on this." - Steve Berra

hes so stoked to be on camera.

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2017, 10:44:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're thinking of Swift. Not Skin.
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »
Fakie Taylor

drcroc

« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2017, 11:31:36 AM »
Looked real to me.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2017, 11:33:03 AM »
They should have had Sean win with a switch grape flip.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2017, 11:34:23 AM »
maltos trash talk was awful. he's so whack

Tyson

• Rep: 1
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
Malto should get on SOVRN so they can have the cringiest team in skateboarding

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2017, 11:59:22 AM »
Malto should get on SOVRN so they can have the cringiest team in skateboarding

All cringe team:
Alex Midler
Mikey Taylor
Sean Malto
Eric Koston
Steve Berra
Team Manager - Yoon

drcroc

« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »
How has Malto remained 17 years old for the past ten years?  Also, it was Lame for me to scroll down on YT and just see all "oMg Diss is sooo FaKe!1" (btw, with no basis) in the comments, but then again, it's my own fault for scrolling before just watching without looking at comments. It was clearly real on some level, they did play skate against one another. Also Mikey Taylor showed up to break up any fight that might've taken place.