Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146825 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: BATB 10
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »

Expand Quote
"I just walked in on this." - Steve Berra
[close]

hes so stoked to be on camera.

did you photoshop a limp dick in place of his nose or does he always look like that?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »
I know it's been mentioned in the pro lookalike thread, but damn does Steve Berra look like Scott Aukerman.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2017, 04:21:00 PM »
Damn, I wish Berra would of joined hevens gate instead off Zenu...

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »
Makes you wonder how many other games are doctored. Didn't Mizurov get banned because he called them out on facebook?

An inside source tells me they have a huge backlog, and most segments are filmed well in advance.

shark tits

« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
How has Malto remained 17 years old for the past ten years?  Also, it was Lame for me to scroll down on YT and just see all "oMg Diss is sooo FaKe!1" (btw, with no basis) in the comments, but then again, it's my own fault for scrolling before just watching without looking at comments. It was clearly real on some level, they did play skate against one another. Also Mikey Taylor showed up to break up any fight that might've taken place.
i heard it's because he has a portrait he keeps under a curtain in his attic and every time he tells a girl to 'get hungry on it' or anything else that ages a person the painting appears a little more ag-ed.

GHOSTFACE420

• Rep: -7
  • lean
    • Legoman's Weed Smokin' Paradise avatar image
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
we all know they would never let donovan beat malto but still how was there not a single grape flip in this
ps donovan is still that nigga
i never pour up nothing less than a 4

GinosGroceries

« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:10 PM »

You have to ride for Nike if you wanna roll with Heavens Gate.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2017, 05:38:22 AM »
This is the first Malto win ever?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2017, 06:15:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
"I just walked in on this." - Steve Berra
[close]

hes so stoked to be on camera.
[close]

did you photoshop a limp dick in place of his nose or does he always look like that?

that would require a lot more time spent staring at his ugly face than i would ever do willingly.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
fake and gay

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2017, 11:36:38 AM »
Was this really fake? Malto's shit talk sounded fake but that's coming from the "suck on it gurl" or whatever he said. Just seems if fake they'd add more drama. When they were tied they looked pissed and I thought we'd be treated to a Raven/Clint fake fight. And they seemed to really stress at times.

Also Donovan barely did any of those crazy tricks from his lil shit talk video. He should have just done that shit... He only did a few.

But since it's Berrics I don't really care. Maybe I'm infested with Thetans.

thomas kook

« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
Was this really fake? Malto's shit talk sounded fake but that's coming from the "suck on it gurl" or whatever he said. Just seems if fake they'd add more drama. When they were tied they looked pissed and I thought we'd be treated to a Raven/Clint fake fight. And they seemed to really stress at times.

Also Donovan barely did any of those crazy tricks from his lil shit talk video. He should have just done that shit... He only did a few.

it's not fake you idiot they were just messing around because it was for fun, i thought it was really obvious but i'm starting to doubt myself because of all these comments

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #282 on: April 14, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it's not fake you idiot they were just messing around because it was for fun, i thought it was really obvious but i'm starting to doubt myself because of all these comments

Why'd you quote me? I'm the one thinking it is real. Your name is fitting.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2017, 02:22:42 PM »

maybe ur an autist

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
It was definitely fake. Think Malto really can focus a brand new board first go?

thomas kook

« Reply #285 on: April 14, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

oh i misread i guess. kook me and carry on i suppose
[close]

Why'd you quote me? I'm the one thinking it is real. Your name is fitting.

MKULTRA

• Rep: -18
« Reply #286 on: April 14, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You have to ride for Nike if you wanna roll with Heavens Gate.

drcroc

« Reply #287 on: April 14, 2017, 04:24:13 PM »
It was definitely fake. Think Malto really can focus a brand new board first go?

No. And no one does a manual in a game of skate. What is this amateur hour?  If anything they should allow old school tricks. No comply's... eh.
But maybe I'm just bitter because I almost ate sh*t trying a no comply not that long ago.

jomeara1

« Reply #288 on: April 14, 2017, 05:26:13 PM »
That was fucking stupid, and I am still wondering why Malto is in this and not Benny Fairfax

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #289 on: April 14, 2017, 05:29:48 PM »
^ I still can't believed he pulled out a nollie BS bigflip and made it look good, that came out of nowhere.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

wattscain

« Reply #290 on: April 14, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »
It's possible that the reason you may not see certain people from past games is that they were not interested or couldn't fit it in to their schedule.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
It's possible that the reason you may not see certain people from past games is that they were not interested or couldn't fit it in to their schedule.

I mean, I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the last few years have been more or less the same people over and over while older alumni are never on the site anymore.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2017, 07:07:10 PM »
That's why the first few BATBs were so rad, it had way less of a "please our corporate overlords" feel and way more of a "dudes who are hanging out at the park" vibe. Anyone remember being surprised at how well Erik Ellington did in the first one?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

wattscain

« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2017, 09:21:29 PM »
the park has changed locations and it's bigger with each incarnation. This was inevitable considering that the park is the heart of the website's content. To keep content new while just still being in a single park, they had to open it up to a larger number of skaters. People who hang out at the park are still producing most of the content, it's just a different crew than the earlier days. That's to be expected.

nonstop29

• Rep: 5
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2017, 05:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No. And no one does a manual in a game of skate. What is this amateur hour?  If anything they should allow old school tricks. No comply's... eh.
But maybe I'm just bitter because I almost ate sh*t trying a no comply not that long ago.
It was fake, the manual was meant to be a joke, and ffs you take this shit way too seriously.

jomeara1

« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2017, 06:58:03 AM »
That's why the first few BATBs were so rad, it had way less of a "please our corporate overlords" feel and way more of a "dudes who are hanging out at the park" vibe.

This. 

calvinsdream

« Reply #296 on: April 15, 2017, 08:01:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think I saw some "old school tricks" allowed game of skate between...I think Mike Vallely vs Chris Cole? It was a boring 3 minutes of streetplant variations.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »
the park has changed locations and it's bigger with each incarnation. This was inevitable considering that the park is the heart of the website's content. To keep content new while just still being in a single park, they had to open it up to a larger number of skaters. People who hang out at the park are still producing most of the content, it's just a different crew than the earlier days. That's to be expected.

Is it though? Mikey Taylor has always been there all the time. I feel like it's expanded as new skaters show up but they all have the same feel so it's felt basically the same.  But I've also stopped going to the Berrics except for BATB and if someone posts a video for someone I care about that was there.

wattscain

« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2017, 08:14:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is it though? Mikey Taylor has always been there all the time. I feel like it's expanded as new skaters show up but they all have the same feel so it's felt basically the same.  But I've also stopped going to the Berrics except for BATB and if someone posts a video for someone I care about that was there.

Taylor rides for SOVRN so it makes sense that he maintains a consistent presence there. So yeah, you see a few consistent faces but a lot of new ones. Do they all "feel" the same? Not to me but no two people have the same eye when it comes to judging skaters.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »
The McClungs are all so fucking boring.