Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146838 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: BATB 10
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2017, 05:49:18 AM »
Rasta Ladd.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:25 AM »
Rasta Ladd.

That's just what pj looks like when he hasn't skated in 8 months
Gentleman ninja warlock

Global Moderator

« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »

If you think PJ doesn't skate everyday, you're tripping.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:41:09 AM by Global Moderator »

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »
I'll never forget when I was 15 PJ came to town for a demo. Me and my buds were so hyped because at the time it was PJ fucking Ladd. So he gets into the park does 1 Ollie and a nollie flip and leaves and sits at the van for the entire fucking thing. We were so fucking bummed.

jomeara1

« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2017, 07:53:58 AM »
I'll never forget when I was 15 PJ came to town for a demo. Me and my buds were so hyped because at the time it was PJ fucking Ladd. So he gets into the park does 1 Ollie and a nollie flip and leaves and sits at the van for the entire fucking thing. We were so fucking bummed.

Yup.  Had the same experience except he just did a kickflip over something.  I think it was a Red Bull demo back when PJ, Getz, and Maldonado were on.  At least you got the privilege to see him do TWO tricks in person.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:55:32 AM by Johnny »

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2017, 07:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup.  Had the same experience except he just did a kickflip over something.  I think it was a Red Bull demo back when PJ, Getz, and Maldonado were on.  At least you got the privilege to see him do TWO tricks in person.

Yeah and prod was there. If it was in jersey it's the same one. Prob confusing the nollieflip with a kickflip. I just remember being super bummed:

jomeara1

« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2017, 08:02:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah and prod was there. If it was in jersey it's the same one. Prob confusing the nollieflip with a kickflip. I just remember being super bummed:

I don't recall Prod being there ( I definitely would have remembered that).  The only time I saw Prod was at a Nike demo about 10 years ago with Danny Supa and whoever else showed up.  But yeah it was in Jersey, Sayreville skatepark.  It was the same demo that Getz got pissed off and threw his board into the lake next to the skatepark haha.

shark tits

« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »
not for sure if zered was there but if so he could've been the reason. pj didn't get a ton of footage in that red bull contest a decade ago when teams from different cities skated the respective cities and at the end points were tallied because he was scared zered was gonna go KRS=ONE and hit him w/ the boom bap.
pj's dad taught him well 'never fight a man uglier than you, he has less to loose' and zered's bald so why chance it?
Cat Power - I don't blame you (kurt cobain video)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2017, 08:16:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't recall Prod being there ( I definitely would have remembered that).  The only time I saw Prod was at a Nike demo about 10 years ago with Danny Supa and whoever else showed up.  But yeah it was in Jersey, Sayreville skatepark.  It was the same demo that Getz got pissed off and threw his board into the lake next to the skatepark haha.

Yep. Same demo. Prod didn't skate though either. Rolled ankle. Just chilled and signed autographs and was bombarded by kids. Pj wanted nothing to do with anything.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2017, 08:17:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you think PJ doesn't skate everyday, you're tripping.

I know he skates almost everyday, it was sarcasm.
Gentleman ninja warlock

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »
That PJ vs Legion game was pretty great. PJ lookin' good out there but damn Felipe's tricks were high as shit.

jomeara1

« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup. �Had the same experience except he just did a kickflip over something. �I think it was a Red Bull demo back when PJ, Getz, and Maldonado were on. �At least you got the privilege to see him do TWO tricks in person.
[close]

[close]

I don't recall Prod being there ( I definitely would have remembered that).� The only time I saw Prod was at a Nike demo about 10 years ago with Danny Supa and whoever else showed up.� But yeah it was in Jersey, Sayreville skatepark.� It was the same demo that Getz got pissed off and threw his board into the lake next to the skatepark haha.
[close]

Yep. Same demo. Prod didn't skate though either. Rolled ankle. Just chilled and signed autographs and was bombarded by kids. Pj wanted nothing to do with anything.

That explains why I don't remember him being there that day.  

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup. �Had the same experience except he just did a kickflip over something. �I think it was a Red Bull demo back when PJ, Getz, and Maldonado were on. �At least you got the privilege to see him do TWO tricks in person.
[close]

[close]

I don't recall Prod being there ( I definitely would have remembered that).� The only time I saw Prod was at a Nike demo about 10 years ago with Danny Supa and whoever else showed up.� But yeah it was in Jersey, Sayreville skatepark.� It was the same demo that Getz got pissed off and threw his board into the lake next to the skatepark haha.
[close]

[close]

That explains why I don't remember him being there that day.  

He ripped at the Nike demo though. So did Omar.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2017, 08:29:33 AM »
That PJ vs Legion game was pretty great. PJ lookin' good out there but damn Felipe's tricks were high as shit.

I like how Felipe is that asshole that does the trick you just tried and missed. Glad PJ gave him a taste of his own medicine. Felipe is one of the worst dudes.

jomeara1

« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2017, 08:34:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That explains why I don't remember him being there that day. �
[close]

Yeah Prod was a treat to see in person.  He just landed everything so casually and everything he did regular he did switch too.  Didn't fall short of my expectations one bit.  

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: April 30, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That explains why I don't remember him being there that day. �
[close]

[close]

Yeah Prod was a treat to see in person.  He just landed everything so casually and everything he did regular he did switch too.  Didn't fall short of my expectations one bit.  

Yep he definitely didn't disappoint. Was expecting the same from PJ but that didn't happen.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »
Í have a somewhat similar but a really positive experience. When I was 14, PJ skated in this rather small contest in Finland. He would not skate the course at all expect for his contest runs, he just sat in the corner. I think he skated for a total of 3-5 minutes the whole weekend. He landed pretty much everything first try, nollie flipped in to a quarterpipe and won the contest. I thing it was just before the WHL - video came out and he was not well known yet. It was a magical experience for my teenage brain.

jomeara1

« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
that pj vs legion game was actually pretty tight.  I like games when people are just having fun

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2017, 08:51:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Í have a somewhat similar but a really positive experience. When I was 14, PJ skated in this rather small contest in Finland. He would not skate the course at all expect for his contest runs, he just sat in the corner. I think he skated for a total of 3-5 minutes the whole weekend. He landed pretty much everything first try, nollie flipped in to a quarterpipe and won the contest. I thing it was just before the WHL - video came out and he was not well known yet. It was a magical experience for my teenage brain.
Similar episode. I was fortunate enough to see him at an Element demo a couple of years before WHL and he fucking destroyed the place. Keep in mind that this was the same Element squad that had Kenny Hughes, Jake Rupp, Jeremy Wray, etc. I knew of him from small exposure they were giving him and left that demo with his name tattoed in my brain

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:35 AM »
that pj vs legion game was actually pretty tight.  I like games when people are just having fun
Unfortunately, most of the fun was taken out of these years ago.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
Expand Quote
If Sewa keeps winning the roshambo he's gonna take the whole thing.
[close]

Is roshambo what Americans call it?
what was the version that Robert Smith played with Cartman on South Park? Is sorta who can punch the softest contest? Robert Smith kicked him in the nuts and told him he won.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like how Felipe is that asshole that does the trick you just tried and missed. Glad PJ gave him a taste of his own medicine. Felipe is one of the worst dudes.
dont care how talent he is, cant stand em.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #442 on: April 30, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
What if legion of doom would have won the game or even the whole BATB... would they let this happen?
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #443 on: April 30, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »
wait so what happened...Billy Marks injured or some shit?

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #444 on: April 30, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
What if legion of doom would have won the game or even the whole BATB... would they let this happen?
They should if it happened, it was the most entertaining thing to happen so far.  I wish they'd do a another game where the rules are thrown out, but I doubt it.

Anyways, I thought it was silly that before I got out of bed I remembered and got stoked that I'd get to watch some PJ Ladd flatground footage, but that totally satisfied me.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Pretty Serious

« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
BATB Xenu is all I read.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #446 on: April 30, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
lulz, that was skate equivalent of some bruce lee shit.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #447 on: April 30, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »
I've seen PJ put on demo's lollygagging in his prime just skating a park with Ryan Gallant. Basically never fell forever . That was many moons ago. Most consistent skating I've ever seen just mulling around. 

kook nukem

« Reply #448 on: April 30, 2017, 01:36:57 PM »
How the hell does one get that consistent? That's rhetorical question, but seriously, PJ's performance in that game was amazing.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #449 on: April 30, 2017, 02:00:10 PM »
Probably the best game and one of the only ones I've watched where I wasn't bored. The original Legion of doom game with MJ was great but this one was amazing. Now that LoD is eliminated, I don't have to watch berrics anymore
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham