Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146658 times)

Fecal Fury

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
Re: BATB 10
« Reply #870 on: June 19, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
great game.  don't act like PJ isnt above some bullshit tricks though.  Heelflip body varial on pair with switch double 360 flip

Disco Flip?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #871 on: June 19, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
Expand Quote
great game.  don't act like PJ isnt above some bullshit tricks though.  Heelflip body varial on pair with switch double 360 flip
[close]

Disco Flip?

is that one of those tricks thats totally different from place to place? where im from, disco flips were kickflip frontside body varials. my brother used to get me on switch ones all the time in skate.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #872 on: June 19, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »
No it isn't.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #873 on: June 19, 2017, 06:49:11 PM »
I have to say that I can't see anything wrong with sw 360 double flips if you have it on lock like Shane does. He makes them look good too.

Plus what are you supposed to do when you go up against a guy who can literally do every other trick and you have him at SKAT? I actually think Shane, PJ and all the other grand masters of flatground play very civil games. There seems to be an unspoken rule not to come out and just kill a guy in five tricks flat (probably to get games that are longer than one minute). Remember that one old game where Cory Kennedy came out with a nollie fs 360 double kickflip or something crazy like that as his first trick? Everyone could do that, but it seems to be scoffed at.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:55:22 PM by RoaryMcTwang »

shark tits

« Reply #874 on: June 19, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
I have to say that I can't see anything wrong with sw 360 double flips if you have it on lock like Shane does. He makes them look good too.

Plus what are you supposed to do when you go up against a guy who can literally do every other trick and you have him at SKAT? I actually think Shane, PJ and all the other grand masters of flatground play very civil games. There seems to be an unspoken rule not to come out and just kill a guy in five tricks flat (probably to get games that are longer than one minute). Remember that one old game where Cory Kennedy came out with a nollie fs 360 double kickflip or something crazy like that as his first trick? Everyone could do that, but it seems to be scoffed at.
maybe everyone can come out swinging for the fences but do they have the stamina, the intensity to bring that sort of gaming to the whole match? 5 bizarro pressure/double/cab/late tricks in a row?
pj could serve your ass like john mcenroe but i don't know if he can spell SKATE w/out straight 8s and 360 flips to hang onto the ball.
home run hitters strike out a lot and wade boggs ate chicken before every game and had a great on base percentage.
charlie hustle, that's who wins skate.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #875 on: June 19, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »
Everyone should be doing the most ridiculous shit possible. What the fuck is a "gentleman's" game of skate? At least it wouldn't be the fucking snooze-fest that I keep subjecting myself to and half you fuckers keep complaining about. Of course some tricks look fugly. Is that not the fun part?

Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2017, 09:38:31 PM »
I feel like it was in the Pros vs Joes area where we saw all crazier tricks being unleashed and being the norm for the future BATB.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2017, 09:46:37 PM »
PJ die hards have to wait another year for more footage.

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #878 on: June 20, 2017, 12:15:52 AM »
Remember that one old game where Cory Kennedy came out with a nollie fs 360 double kickflip or something crazy like that as his first trick?

In this one he tries nollie 360 kickflip for like his second trick

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHS3Cp63mX4

This game is also pretty relevant to the discussion for other reasons.

I root for PJ whenever he's playing, but I think he can be a little below the belt in his quiet way. Like in this game against CK: He gets CK on the fakie heel, then throws a half cab heel then the other half cab heel at him. I've noticed him do similar things in other games too. I guess this is more strategic than dirty tactics though, since he tends to stick to legitimate tricks and hone in on his opponents weaknesses, rather than resorting to bizarre tricks that most people never bother to learn.

But in saying that, he has thrown a pressure flip into the last two games, as well as a heelflip Applechange attempt. I guess he's got bills to pay or something

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #879 on: June 20, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »
Ha just watched this one, CK vs Torey Pudwill

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kl1ApE8CL8

CK starts with a switch big heel then nollie 360 kickflip. Nollie frontside lateflip soon after. Kind of seems like Corey Kennedy's idea of a joke, like being talented to the point of being a smartass. Still funnier than the cheeky late game frontside 180 people sometimes do

spazz attack

• Rep: -15
« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »
Damm Corey kennedy anhilated him.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2017, 01:22:50 AM »

CK starts with a switch big heel then nollie 360 kickflip. Nollie frontside lateflip soon after. Kind of seems like Corey Kennedy's idea of a joke, like being talented to the point of being a smartass. Still funnier than the cheeky late game frontside 180 people sometimes do

No wonder people think he could be better than PJ, those tricks Cory bangs out in this one are beyond absurd  :o

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No wonder people think he could be better than PJ, those tricks Cory bangs out in this one are beyond absurd  :o

Hahahahaha that was fucking amazing. How I wish they'd put him back into BATB on the proviso he plays a game like this.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2017, 05:04:30 AM »
Cory is funny when he does it. The Joes seem desperate to launch a career from the berrics.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2017, 06:30:05 AM »

Thanks for the bulges!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Disco Flip?
[close]
is that one of those tricks thats totally different from place to place? where im from, disco flips were kickflip frontside body varials. my brother used to get me on switch ones all the time in skate.

That's what I've heard them be referred to both in Orange County and Oregon.

A few months after I came out, I did one at the skatepark and a nice local boy thought it would be funny to call it an "LGBT flip." A minute later, I realized I should have said "That's why I'm good at them." But I didn't, and noone gave me an easy chance to mention my attraction to other male humans after that.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #885 on: June 20, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

[/quote

PJ can do all those tricks

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #886 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
damn can we get corey back on a normal sized skateboard soon, what the hell happened?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #887 on: June 20, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
Holy shit I don't think I had seen that CK game before. Truly insane tricks on absolute lock.

I have no problem with crazy/circus-y tricks if they're done well, and that game is a perfect example.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

dam

« Reply #888 on: June 20, 2017, 07:42:19 AM »

I'm curious if I was wearing those shorts if I would go up-dick or not. I think it would feel weird but I guess it prevents mashing. I think a cut lunch would be most flattering.

thomas kook

« Reply #889 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:13 AM »
i was going to say a thing about batb but now i'm sitting here wondering if dudes with huge schlongs are at a disadvantage in bike racing. like do they struggle to put it away or just stand there like 'yup' or do they avoid bike racing in general

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[/quote

PJ can do all those tricks
[close]

I watched a bunch of Corey games of skate last night looking for this one, and he blows it just as much as he kills it, he gets tons of letters on easy tricks, he also seems like one of those weirdos that its just as easy for him to do a nollie double 360 flip as it is to do a kickflip, he has just as much chance of missing each so he may as well just go for the crazy trick out the gate.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »
damn can we get corey back on a normal sized skateboard soon, what the hell happened?

for real.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #892 on: June 20, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

for real.
I miss CK1 when he cared. I still watch his Beware of Sasquatch part and think about how crazy that part was. Also, in we call it a Disco Flip in North Western Missouri

shit_for_brains

« Reply #893 on: June 20, 2017, 12:27:12 PM »
I'm glad others are coming around to this. I would say it in the past and people would shit in their hands and throw it at me. It's cool that he's having fun but I want to see amazing skateboarding I don't care so much about a stranger's personal enjoyment. Take that goddamn hunting vest off, get on a regular board, and blow my mind via photos and video.

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #894 on: June 20, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »
Erase all memory of CK1.0 and watch any of his recent shit and you'll still be impressed. The kids skating is fucking rad.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #895 on: June 20, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
Cory's Nike part was the biggest boner kill of them all. So much hype around it, possible SOTY. Then, jeeze the part was just a complete waste. His dance moves got more time than his skating in that part

shit_for_brains

« Reply #896 on: June 20, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Erase all memory of CK1.0 and watch any of his recent shit and you'll still be impressed. The kids skating is fucking rad.

No.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #897 on: June 20, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
I have to agree, he came out swinging in the beginning. He's been off that for years now, but at least he's still skating.

Even he said that Rick Howard wants him to start skating technically again in an interview, and that was years ago as well. Not talking shit, he's amazing but Girl's been dealt a lot of bad hands and maybe his new approach is one of them.

He gets plenty of love from people, maybe I'm old and just don't get how much other people revere him. It'd be cool if he got more tech hammers though.

micky682

« Reply #898 on: June 20, 2017, 05:51:20 PM »
I have to agree, he came out swinging in the beginning. He's been off that for years now, but at least he's still skating.

Even he said that Rick Howard wants him to start skating technically again in an interview, and that was years ago as well. Not talking shit, he's amazing but Girl's been dealt a lot of bad hands and maybe his new approach is one of them.

He gets plenty of love from people, maybe I'm old and just don't get how much other people revere him. It'd be cool if he got more tech hammers though.
I saw CK at the Pretty Sweet demo years back and he did a back 50 down a handrail hammered then left to get baked in the van.

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #899 on: June 20, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »

Exactly. It's not like he piled out and stopped skating completely, then returned as a shell of his former self like some other revered pro's.......