Author Topic: BATB 10  (Read 146697 times)

offkilter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
Re: BATB 10
« Reply #900 on: June 20, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »
CK1 is the Pops of today.

asakusa75

« Reply #901 on: June 20, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2017, 08:28:48 AM »
As soon as Sewa went on offense I knew Fyock was done.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #903 on: June 24, 2017, 08:41:52 AM »
DUTCH POWER

SERIOUSLY SEWA IS TOO GOOD FOR BLIND !

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #904 on: June 24, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
Expand Quote
I have to agree, he came out swinging in the beginning. He's been off that for years now, but at least he's still skating.

Even he said that Rick Howard wants him to start skating technically again in an interview, and that was years ago as well. Not talking shit, he's amazing but Girl's been dealt a lot of bad hands and maybe his new approach is one of them.

He gets plenty of love from people, maybe I'm old and just don't get how much other people revere him. It'd be cool if he got more tech hammers though.
[close]

Exactly. It's not like he piled out and stopped skating completely, then returned as a shell of his former self like some other revered pro's.......

My thing with Cory is that he just honestly doesn't look comfortable skating big tranny compared to his other teammates like raven, grant or even ishod. Those guys are meant to be skating that stuff and look great doing it. Anytime I see Cory skate tranny its usually just a fast plant or a barely scratched bs smith. It just gets forgotten immediately specially when it's part of a montage with the other guys. I'm glad he's at least still skating but it always seems like throwaway footage now.

Also wtf happened to Fyock. I mean I'm glad he lost but he didn't really try at all.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #905 on: June 24, 2017, 08:56:08 AM »
I think it was Tracer who said it awhile ago, but if you can't fs flip every try what are you doing there? I could die and still airball a better one than Will Fyock did.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #906 on: June 24, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
I think it was Tracer who said it awhile ago, but if you can't fs flip every try what are you doing there? I could die and still airball a better one than Will Fyock did.

he looked like it was the first one he has ever tried.

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #907 on: June 24, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
do either of these guys even enjoy skating?  i'd rather see them attempt a backside powerslide on a hill than this circus shit

nothingisspecial

• Rep: -53
« Reply #908 on: June 24, 2017, 11:35:39 AM »
do either of these guys even enjoy skating? 

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #909 on: June 24, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »
Well, hopefully I'll never see or hear of Fyock boy ever again.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #910 on: June 24, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »
Sewa does not play.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #911 on: June 24, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »
it's always been my theory that the vibes he got for taking out a killshot first or second trick, is what turned him into drunken i don't give a fuck not really trying shits and giggles cory.  but every so often we get a glimpse and it's enough to keep him in the pantheon/nike money.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #912 on: June 24, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »
it's always been my theory that the vibes he got for taking out a killshot first or second trick, is what turned him into drunken i don't give a fuck not really trying shits and giggles cory.  but every so often we get a glimpse and it's enough to keep him in the pantheon/nike money.
Interesting.  I had the theory that he started hanging out more with Grant and Ishod and realized that he is on their level-which is best in the world level/why do stupid freestyle contests when I can skate tranny and have a beer instead.  Could be wrong though.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have to agree, he came out swinging in the beginning. He's been off that for years now, but at least he's still skating.

Even he said that Rick Howard wants him to start skating technically again in an interview, and that was years ago as well. Not talking shit, he's amazing but Girl's been dealt a lot of bad hands and maybe his new approach is one of them.

He gets plenty of love from people, maybe I'm old and just don't get how much other people revere him. It'd be cool if he got more tech hammers though.
[close]

Exactly. It's not like he piled out and stopped skating completely, then returned as a shell of his former self like some other revered pro's.......
[close]

My thing with Cory is that he just honestly doesn't look comfortable skating big tranny compared to his other teammates like raven, grant or even ishod. Those guys are meant to be skating that stuff and look great doing it. Anytime I see Cory skate tranny its usually just a fast plant or a barely scratched bs smith. It just gets forgotten immediately specially when it's part of a montage with the other guys. I'm glad he's at least still skating but it always seems like throwaway footage now.

Also wtf happened to Fyock. I mean I'm glad he lost but he didn't really try at all.

He said he was injured in the Before the Battle thingy and that he hadn't skated in a month. CRob then pressed him and he admitted yeah well he had nollie inward heeled a table a few days ago but other than that...

Although he seems kooky, I hoped for him to win to be honest. Would have made the finals more interesting to have another (relatively) new face in there. I feel with Sewa it's way too obvious what we're going to see. 360 shuv... 540 shuv... Double treflip...  hardflip fs revert... dozing off...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #914 on: June 24, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
They honestly need to retire BATB and just do something else. It's getting just sort of boring and these are all the repeat skaters we loved. It's just sort of boring at this point.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #915 on: June 24, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »
They honestly need to retire BATB and just do something else. It's getting just sort of boring and these are all the repeat skaters we loved. It's just sort of boring at this point.
For real, what are they going to do next year? Worst of the worst? 🤔

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #916 on: June 24, 2017, 09:00:42 PM »
540 shuvs may be the worst trick ever. I'm seriously struggling to thing of a trick that looks more shit than that. Anybody? Shove tail grab maybe? Willy grind?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

drcroc

« Reply #917 on: June 24, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
Funny how people skip the "Before the Battle" clips and then still post on this thread and try to throw shade at the skaters and the entire contest in general, trying to be all, "Yeah, BATB? Whatever man I'm so core..."  I watch BATB every year and enjoy it every time. Doing something different would be cool, though I agree. Maybe switch up the format somehow to make it more interesting, or only hold the comp every 2-4 years and make the brackets larger. Meh, it's fine the way it is.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #918 on: June 24, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »
^^^^I liked Joes Vs Pros. I thought it had a nice story book ending. Last year was just bad and that was what we all sort of wanted....unknown skaters playing with no people from the past. It was probably the worst one yet. I do like how The Berries is doing other things though like PUSH and the other contests. All the First Try Fridays stuff and Wednesdays with Reda needed to not happen anymore. BATB just needs to follow eventually.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

nothingisspecial

« Reply #919 on: June 24, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »
I think as long as there is skateboarding there will be games of skate. I like that The Berrics makes it a part of their programming.  I think where they fail is making them so "theme-heavy"...

A game of skate between two solid skateboarders is already good enough.

Never mind the goofy VS regular, US VS  Them, blacks VS whites, etc. it's extra.

Best of the best should have been aging pros in their twilight years (Heath, Thomas, Rowley, Reynolds) ...not Will Fyock?

Stringer Bell

• Rep: 7
« Reply #920 on: June 25, 2017, 03:06:19 AM »
next year new rule should be "can't do any of the same tricks you did last game"

it would stop people pulling out their whack killshots every round.

could become a bit more of a circus but fuck it aye we've come this far

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #921 on: June 25, 2017, 05:54:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
For real, what are they going to do next year? Worst of the worst? 🤔
Let me introduce myself.

jomeara1

« Reply #922 on: June 25, 2017, 07:42:55 AM »
Lol that FS flip attempt by Fyock...

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #923 on: June 25, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »
nick tucker is garbage

nothingisspecial

« Reply #924 on: June 25, 2017, 08:37:29 AM »
Final 4 looks nice and boring

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #925 on: June 25, 2017, 08:42:01 AM »
The solution to make it more interesting is simple

Make every game the best TWO out of THREE. Then we would be guaranteed to see at least one great game
try to remember, forget

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #926 on: June 25, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
So joslin O'Neill finals

Gentleman ninja warlock

micky682

« Reply #927 on: June 25, 2017, 09:09:53 AM »
Funny how people skip the "Before the Battle" clips and then still post on this thread and try to throw shade at the skaters and the entire contest in general, trying to be all, "Yeah, BATB? Whatever man I'm so core..."  I watch BATB every year and enjoy it every time. Doing something different would be cool, though I agree. Maybe switch up the format somehow to make it more interesting, or only hold the comp every 2-4 years and make the brackets larger. Meh, it's fine the way it is.
Berra? Is that you? How's Xenu doing?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #928 on: June 25, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »
I think as long as there is skateboarding there will be games of skate. I like that The Berrics makes it a part of their programming.  I think where they fail is making them so "theme-heavy"...

A game of skate between two solid skateboarders is already good enough.

Never mind the goofy VS regular, US VS  Them, blacks VS whites, etc. it's extra.

Best of the best should have been aging pros in their twilight years (Heath, Thomas, Rowley, Reynolds) ...not Will Fyock?
They need to go with HUF rules- Dudes on "Cool" board sponsors vs. dudes on "Uncool" board sponsors.

Or Corpo shoes vs. "Core shoes."  Well that would likely end badly for the core bros.

Or People on Spitfire vs. people on every other wheel company. 

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #929 on: June 25, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »
fyocks regular flick ankle was injured, you could tell. you don't need to kickflip to nollie inward heel a table.

you try doing a front side flip with a bum ankle, he's clearly got them in the other games.

if you would have put money on joslin going to the finals before the first game you'd have nuts, shocked how consistent that guy is.

hoping Sewa doesn't try to do O'Neill greezy and the game builds organically.