Author Topic: Affordable Stabilizer for a DSLR?  (Read 4569 times)

Ineffable Epoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -77
Affordable Stabilizer for a DSLR?
« on: March 18, 2017, 04:49:31 AM »
I consider myself as an amateur on skate filming, but i love to keep improving and the next step is buying a physical stabilizer. I use the simple but effective Nikon D3300 with the 35mm 1.8 and the Sigma 10-20 4/5.6 which is my current favorite, since its a wide lens and imo is far more interesting than a fisheye.

So, any of you guys could recommend me a stabilizer under 200$? If it was for filming scenes just walking the decision would be easier, but pushing on a board while grabbing the camera yall know makes it all complicated. I know digital Steady, Gimbal or so are the best, but budget is t8...

For you to make an idea this is one of the last videos I recorded, I'm ok with the general vibes but almost EVERY frame is shaky af (e.g 0:26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEm-jwhfvV8

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
Re: Affordable Stabilizer for a DSLR?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
Would've said EZ Handle but they dont make em no more :( I guess Opteka now
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:12:19 AM »

Finally went for the Flycam HD 3000! Looks solid but I spent more than an hour balancing it. I would have chosen something similar to the Opteka for a fisheye, but the gimbal axis may be more useful for the wide angle lens I am using. Now is time to practice and learn how to get better shots!   :)

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:54:33 AM »
I have the Neewer glidecam, and it's not worth it unless you have a wide angle lens. A standard long lens wobble a bit too much for my liking and using a fisheye with it is pointless. :/

it was like $70 though, so that's good

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Finally went for the Flycam HD 3000! Looks solid but I spent more than an hour balancing it. I would have chosen something similar to the Opteka for a fisheye, but the gimbal axis may be more useful for the wide angle lens I am using. Now is time to practice and learn how to get better shots!   :)

I have that exact model. I never use it though sadly, i find it too time consuming to balance out. I'll find use for it eventually
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 08:29:44 AM »
I consider myself as an amateur on skate filming, but i love to keep improving and the next step is buying a physical stabilizer. I use the simple but effective Nikon D3300 with the 35mm 1.8 and the Sigma 10-20 4/5.6 which is my current favorite, since its a wide lens and imo is far more interesting than a fisheye.

So, any of you guys could recommend me a stabilizer under 200$? If it was for filming scenes just walking the decision would be easier, but pushing on a board while grabbing the camera yall know makes it all complicated. I know digital Steady, Gimbal or so are the best, but budget is t8...

For you to make an idea this is one of the last videos I recorded, I'm ok with the general vibes but almost EVERY frame is shaky af (e.g 0:26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEm-jwhfvV8

I was coming to recommend you something but looks like you choose something like I will recomend. BTW That spot is in front of my work, It's horrible to come to work and see people skating there every day :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:32:21 AM by alraunen »

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 10:13:40 AM »
I would love if they made those affordable 3-axis gimbals for the GoPro for a heavier body camera. I have a glidecam like the one listed above, but it's hard to get the follow shots i would like with skating. But I'm not trying to drop a grand or two.

The closest thing I found was this Came-Tv Came-Mini stabilizer for $750 USD