Author Topic: levi's "skate" jeans  (Read 12572 times)

iwishilivedinfinla

Re: levi's "skate" jeans
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 01:01:23 AM »
514 bought 1 size up

Jerkstore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »
didn't read the comments but levi 'skate jeans' fucking suck

so do nike x levi jeans

either buy a pair of slim straight dickies or 501s

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »
Sorry to dig it out but... I ordered 2 pairs of Levi's Skate jeans (504 and 513) and got them today. I was in need of denim pants and they were half the price so I had to try them to see if the hype around them is real.
The 504 feel perfect, nice length, feel strong but not stiff, stretchy actually, comfy af, slight high waist as I like, not a bad thing to point out.
They remember me a lot of this pair of Analog pants I had that were the best denim pants I ever skated in.

But in other hand the 513 feel like shit, stiff af, the waist is kinda low and tight, way slimmer than I thought too, like a true slim (they said slim straight, I was hoping for a larger fit), cant skate on this ones because I cant bend! :/
Do you guys had any experience with them before? Is it the problem of this type of denim? Do the denim softens with washes and wears or it's gonna be like this forever? Should've gone with a size up on the 513? Both pairs are 30' waist (I'm skinny).

https://www.flatspot.com/products/levis-skate-504-straight-jeans-avenues
https://www.flatspot.com/products/levis-skate-513-slim-straight-jeans-rigid-indigo

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
Sorry to dig it out but... I ordered 2 pairs of Levi's Skate jeans (504 and 513) and got them today. I was in need of denim pants and they were half the price so I had to try them to see if the hype around them is real.
The 504 feel perfect, nice length, feel strong but not stiff, stretchy actually, comfy af, slight high waist as I like, not a bad thing to point out.
They remember me a lot of this pair of Analog pants I had that were the best denim pants I ever skated in.

But in other hand the 513 feel like shit, stiff af, the waist is kinda low and tight, way slimmer than I thought too, like a true slim (they said slim straight, I was hoping for a larger fit), cant skate on this ones because I cant bend! :/
Do you guys had any experience with them before? Is it the problem of this type of denim? Do the denim softens with washes and wears or it's gonna be like this forever? Should've gone with a size up on the 513? Both pairs are 30' waist (I'm skinny).

https://www.flatspot.com/products/levis-skate-513-slim-straight-jeans-rigid-indigo

I Have 3 pairs of 513's that are just regular levis not the skate levi's or whatever and they're my go to skate pants. They definitely broke in more after wearing them a bit but I didn't find find them stiff at all when I bought them. It might just be that pair since it says they're rigid indigo. Or maybe the skate ones are more stiff than the regulars.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:26:11 PM by Cherb »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
I got a pair of the 504s on the cheap, ended up buying every other color at full price.  Best jeans. I don't know about the 513s dude, but my only advice is return them shits for 504s!
you never know about pre-cum 

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »

if you got those particular color ways the 513s are a rigid indigo wash where the 504s are a faded wash. The 513s probably feel stiffer because they had to go through way less of a finishing process compared to the 504s which are faded. I would just give it some time ad the 513s should ease up quite a bit, or everything I am saying could be completely wrong :)

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »
I've always worn regular old 505's (501's with a zipper), my wife just got me 2 pair of 505's super cheap, and score they are available in stretch now also! I wouldn't waste the money on a Skate version.

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I Have 3 pairs of 513's that are just regular levis not the skate levi's or whatever and they're my go to skate pants. They definitely broke in more after wearing them a bit but I didn't find find them stiff at all when I bought them. It might just be that pair since it says they're rigid indigo. Or maybe the skate ones are more stiff than the regulars.
I can second the "rigid" indigo comment.  I got that colorway in 511's awhile ago.  Take awhile to break in but stoked on em now.  Little tight but i can comfortably skate in em.  511 non-skate black stretch are perfect.  Tight at first but pack out and stretch to perfect fit.  Pretty stoked on all the levis skate gear I have, the durability is real.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
i liked the levi skate jeans for skating, but too much spandex in my opinion. Anyone else have issues? I'm out there swooshing around like George Costanza in that Seinfeld episode

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 11:51:58 PM »
If you're cheap like me, check out Denizen jeans at Target. They're made by Levi's and the athletic fit ones are stretchy.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 12:18:07 AM »
You guys are probably right! The rigid indigo wash is probably the issue. I didnt paid attention to that when ordering, just liked the color and bought them. I'm probably gonna wear them more casually with my clarks or some shit, since they look cool, just dont feel the best yet.

Ib the future I'm going with the 504 everytime, they're sick.

Out of curiosity, did any of you guys had the analog jeans that had the wheel wash thing? Those shits were the bomb! They felt like a old pair of jeans you worn for years from the first go, just perfect. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 12:51:59 AM »
You guys are probably right! The rigid indigo wash is probably the issue. I didnt paid attention to that when ordering, just liked the color and bought them. I'm probably gonna wear them more casually with my clarks or some shit, since they look cool, just dont feel the best yet.

Ib the future I'm going with the 504 everytime, they're sick.

Out of curiosity, did any of you guys had the analog jeans that had the wheel wash thing? Those shits were the bomb! They felt like a old pair of jeans you worn for years from the first go, just perfect. 

I have a pair of those in dark blue. Bought them a few years ago on sale from the Burton store in Helsinki. They are one of my favorite jeans for sure. They're a bit worn now and they faded quite fast, but I dyed them black and use them as skate jeans exclusively now. They do look pretty sharp and feel really comfortable. Too bad they don't make them anymore.  :(

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »

They definitely look nice. I'm sure they'll break in after wearing them around a bit.