Author Topic: New Podcast with Jaime Owens (TWS Editor, filmed first season of Jackass)  (Read 4569 times)

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
Taking a stab at podcasting. First episode is out with Andrew B. Allen. We chat heaps, getting jammed up by Collin Pharrell, leaving Antihero, and feeling the stoke from skate vids. Give it a listen. If, and only if, you feel like it. Still figuring out how to get it on iTunes and some other titbids.

https://soundcloud.com/herdglobalpodcast/herd-global-media-podcast-001-with-andrew-allen

EPISODE 002 | Jaime Owens (Transworld Editor-In-Chief)
https://soundcloud.com/herdglobalpodcast/herd-global-media-podcast-episode-002-with-jaime-owens
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:54:19 AM by Senrud »

micky682

Re: New Podcast with Andrew Allen
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »
Even if your podcast sucks, which I wouldn't know since I haven't listened to it yet, you got AA on so you already beat all the other pods out there.

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »
I'll give it a listen,AA rules, saw him skating La High this past weekend battling a trick. AVE & Ishod were there,very "cool story bro" stuff

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »
Will definitely check this out when I am at work on Sunday. AA rules and I love me some good pod.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »
Great content. AA is definitely one of the cooler, funnier dudes out right now. His renassiance on the board has been very encouraging. Looking forward to his next part.

The audio was pretty bad at points, I'm sure you'll be able to figure that out pretty easily.

I like how you brought up Pittsburgh, the original comment from his Conversation with Frank Gerwer ("isn't that where they film the Wire?") was so fucking funny for some reason.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:14:19 PM »
I like how you brought up Pittsburgh, the original comment from his Conversation with Frank Gerwer ("isn't that where they film the Wire?") was so fucking funny for some reason.
My favorite part of the interview was him saying "...travel a little bit more, make it to Pittsburgh" in regard to his career goals.  I've been an AA fan for awhile but I like the guy so much more after hearing this interview.  I also really liked Senrud's style as an interviewer.  It felt like he actually put some thought into the questions he asked, let Andrew take his time with his responses, and when he did interject it was with a thoughtful comment or follow-up.  It was a bit annoying having to adjust the volume when the sound faded but all the background sounds added to the vibe in a way.  Looking forward to the Jamie Owens episode.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
Really terrible audio, but that's probably the easy part. You ask good questions and then shut up, and that's a damn hard thing to do. keep it up.

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 01:59:21 AM »
Will listen to it later but your profile photo on Soundcloud already gives it a thumbs up from me

posercunt11

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:44 AM »
will def give it a listen since aa is god

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 05:09:09 AM »
straight up good pod, AA rules

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 06:26:44 AM »
amen, borothers

shit_for_brains

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 06:34:22 AM »
He's just a small town California boy with big dreams of Pittsburgh.

I can kind of hear how when people ask him about being sober he wants to be like "I'm just not being a drunk right now don't arrest me if I have a beer one day"

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 07:31:46 AM »
Even if your podcast sucks, which I wouldn't know since I haven't listened to it yet, you got AA on so you already beat all the other pods out there.
hardly art, hardly starving

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:11 AM »
yea it was a great pod,just fix the audio issues and it's casual.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »
Like the branding. Skating needs more Wool/Merino blends.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 04:46:41 AM »
great pod.  get these fools actually mic'd up and we'll talk itunes later

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
AA. <3

Senrud

• Twatter avatar image
New Episode with Jaime Owens. Editor In Chief at Transworld Skateboarding, former Editor and Photo Editor at Skateboarder, filmed the first season of Jackass, was in the hardcore band Prevail, amongst other things. If you want to add it to your podcast Queue, or give it a listen

https://soundcloud.com/herdglobalpodcast/herd-global-media-podcast-episode-002-with-jaime-owens

iwishilivedinfinla

loved it.  keep it up!

feedmeseymour

best possible first guest. lavalier wireless microphones are pretty cheap on amazon, i look forward to more of these.

Senrud

• Twatter avatar image
best possible first guest. lavalier wireless microphones are pretty cheap on amazon, i look forward to more of these.

I have gotten mics since recording the first two, so moving forward the audio should be way better. The AA audio is ass, and I apologize, but I appreciate the tips and you giving it a listen.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
A quiet, dead room in which to record is the most important thing you can do for your podcast.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
I do audio recordings for my work all the time but have access to an anechoic chamber, which helps a lot.

Quick fix is record with thick comforters/blankets on the walls or make a fake audio booth with them.

Senrud

• Twatter avatar image
I do audio recordings for my work all the time but have access to an anechoic chamber, which helps a lot.

Quick fix is record with thick comforters/blankets on the walls or make a fake audio booth with them.

A quiet, dead room in which to record is the most important thing you can do for your podcast.

I recorded the one that's up next with XLR mics in a quiet room. Audio is way better. Might work up to having a studio set up at my place, but at the moment I kind of have to go to the people since I'm not the Nine Club, and I'd prefer to do these in person. Next one's with Roger Bagley. Probably should've just used his shit, but I gotta figure mine out too so... opted not to.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 02:40:37 PM »

I agree 1000%. I love how the first clip mentioned is the 411 clip which is how I became a fan of AA. I kid you not that after this part, my brother, friend, and myself immediately bought dickies and half cabs. Admittedly impressionable but the influence was from a great source.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
heapschat is dope and AA is dope

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

I recorded the one that's up next with XLR mics in a quiet room. Audio is way better. Might work up to having a studio set up at my place, but at the moment I kind of have to go to the people since I'm not the Nine Club, and I'd prefer to do these in person. Next one's with Roger Bagley. Probably should've just used his shit, but I gotta figure mine out too so... opted not to.

nice! Can't wait to hear it!
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.