Author Topic: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?  (Read 67630 times)

gearingupforgettingdown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -149
Re: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 05:38:17 AM »
I was talking about the look in general when i wrote it. My generation grew up seeing neo nazis dress like that and i don't like it.
But it's internet, people are of course putting words in my mouth, throwing gasoline on the fire and can totally go fuck themselves.
If you're super sensitive about being mistaken for a skinhead maybe you shouldn't dress like one.

Manolo 100%

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 05:43:49 AM »
We've all had different experiences. Manolo has probably had different experiences with people dressed that way than Ben K has and it affects him differently and so he said he hopes it doesn't catch on, no biggie, didn't seem like a personal attack. FA/Hockey crew go straight to calling Manolo a kook rather than any reasonable defence of Ben K. Par for the course these days on social media. Bill used Burzum in a Supreme edit and some people went nuts. Varg  is most definitely a fucked up murderous individual who spouts some wild shit about race but using one of his tracks doesn't mean you support his views when as far as I know his political views have never come through his music.

When I was 13/14 I remember being chased out of the pit in the old Melbourne city square by 10 or more skinheads. One appeared at the top of the stairs and the next time I turned my head there was at least 10 more and the first one said "Get 'em" so we fucking ran. If someone wants to ape their style fashion wise it doesn't bother me. As has been mentioned before the neo  nazis appropriated the style so I think it's still ok to dress how you want and I think it's OK for Manolo to say he doesn't like it. Opinions man, like assholes. All good.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:45:53 AM by SodaJerk »

Pigeon

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2017, 05:49:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol who the fuck is this?
The guy on the right looks like someone vaguely familiar, from a skate shop in the Midwest.

Why would you want to carry yourself as a nazi if you're not a nazi ??? And saying it's ok because it's been in punk music is like saying it's ok to draw swastikas if you intended it as some ancient hindu bullshit or whatever
Swastikas are common outside of people's doorsteps in India and Tibet. Your reference is stupid because the Hindu/Buddhist tradition has been around for thousands of years, whereas the skinhead look copied Neo-Nazis. I like how Sean Pablo called Manolo a, "kook."

On a lighter note, Tila Tequila thinks that she is the reincarnation of Hitler.  

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2017, 05:50:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did any of you guys have the S.H.A.R.P.( skin heads against racial prejudice)s around? A few of my friends fell into it and dressed all skinheady. Boots, Braces, all the shit Neo Nazis wear. They were like "we're not nazis we just like this style."
Shit was way dumb. I'm not gonna dress like a Klansman and then be "oh I just like this hood and robe"
Im with Manolo, if you don't want to get called a skinhead/ nazi whatever, don't dress like one, or at least don't take your fucking fashion whatever so seriously
[close]
have to disagree. but your comparison doesn't add up. original skinheads, you know those
that� were all in for music like reggea and ska, were not racist neo nazi pigs at all.� instead
the kkk was founded on exactly those attitudes. and if you really think that neo nazis today
still look like that you must be blind to reality.� the skins i've seen today are more like rude
boy hooligans that follow their roots with ska reggea and football. the nazis kind of went on
infiltrated the next new cool and more inconspicious look. like dressing normal and hipstery.
[close]
When you get beat up by neo nazis in Europe you can be sure they wont be dressed all sharp and hipstery

somethingmustbreaknow is actually right. The aesthetics of Neo-Nazis in Europe have been subject to change for a couple of years now. Sure, the shaved head, bomber jacket, face tattoo type is still around, but there's a new wave of Neo Nazis emerging that's trying to be "hip". There's even a word for it... "Nipster".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipster

Neo-Nazis have always appropriated styles from popular and sub cultures. They took a lot from the skinhead movement, but that doesn't mean there aren't antiracist skinheads anymore. Quite the opposite actually.

I personally thought Manolo's comment stupid. Unless he has more reasons to think Ben K is a Neo Nazi.

pussyclench

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2017, 06:03:19 AM »
Also I have to ultimately back manolo because he just said he doesnt back the nazi fits and ben got the butthurts from it. But if you say something negative about someone of course theyre gonna try and defend themselves. But motherfucker you do look like a nazi.

shark tits

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2017, 06:06:28 AM »
Also I have to ultimately back manolo because he just said he doesnt back the nazi fits and ben got the butthurts from it. But if you say something negative about someone of course theyre gonna try and defend themselves. But motherfucker you do look like a nazi.

yeah, NILF! no homo

JAesop

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2017, 06:11:14 AM »
don't wear dr. martens if you don't hate.

It's all about the color of the laces.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2017, 06:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the guy who made the post, with the swastika hashtag, is someone Jimmy Britches calls his best friend.  since i pointed out he had an SS logo in his bio in the last thread about this, he's now changed it to a slightly more obscured version

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:06 AM »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did any of you guys have the S.H.A.R.P.( skin heads against racial prejudice)s around? A few of my friends fell into it and dressed all skinheady. Boots, Braces, all the shit Neo Nazis wear. They were like "we're not nazis we just like this style."
Shit was way dumb. I'm not gonna dress like a Klansman and then be "oh I just like this hood and robe"
Im with Manolo, if you don't want to get called a skinhead/ nazi whatever, don't dress like one, or at least don't take your fucking fashion whatever so seriously
[close]
have to disagree. but your comparison doesn't add up. original skinheads, you know those
that� were all in for music like reggea and ska, were not racist neo nazi pigs at all.� instead
the kkk was founded on exactly those attitudes. and if you really think that neo nazis today
still look like that you must be blind to reality.� the skins i've seen today are more like rude
boy hooligans that follow their roots with ska reggea and football. the nazis kind of went on
infiltrated the next new cool and more inconspicious look. like dressing normal and hipstery.
[close]
When you get beat up by neo nazis in Europe you can be sure they wont be dressed all sharp and hipstery
[close]

somethingmustbreaknow is actually right. The aesthetics of Neo-Nazis in Europe have been subject to change for a couple of years now. Sure, the shaved head, bomber jacket, face tattoo type is still around, but there's a new wave of Neo Nazis emerging that's trying to be "hip". There's even a word for it... "Nipster".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipster

Neo-Nazis have always appropriated styles from popular and sub cultures. They took a lot from the skinhead movement, but that doesn't mean there aren't antiracist skinheads anymore. Quite the opposite actually.

I personally thought Manolo's comment stupid. Unless he has more reasons to think Ben K is a Neo Nazi.
still, most skin heads look exactly like they used to look. if you get jumped in, lets say, the streets of bucarest by a bunch of neo nazis i can assure you they wont be dressed all hip and trendy.
Im sure Ben K is not a nazi, im a 100% sure about it, and he can dress up in a costume for all i care, but i know that if i would see someone dressed like that in the street im going to think hes a skinhead. manolo just pointed it out.
 i would probably just keep that thought to myself and jokingly think hes a nazi with a mission to slay the streets or something but if he dresses like that he should be prepared that someone on his insta feed will throw a remark about it. especially since hes kinda high profile right now. If a kid in my crew came dressed like that i wouldnt be able to contain myself too.
When i was 14 i had a bet with a friend that i would shave my head with a razor, i did, and the older skaters called me Cancer Boy for like a year, should i be mad like Ben? Because most kids with a razor shaved head have cancer and i didnt? i dont think manolo was that serious and angry when he pointed it out.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:53:02 AM by eranka »

Mongoloid

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2017, 08:19:12 AM »
Skating = Freedom & Self Expression, Individuality & A Rebellious Punk Spirit.

Live by that ethos ----> Find yourself being judged by your own.

If you know the kid most likely isn't a fascist why openly brand him as such? It's not like he's rocking a nazi armband, and isn't actively often skating amongst a group of minorities.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2017, 08:31:29 AM »
For the even lazier.

I'm not down with Ben's fit or mcdonalds.  That's two strikes.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

pussyclench

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2017, 08:38:42 AM »

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »
He looks exactly like the kid from American history X, a spades a spade motherfucker. Don't get mad when people judge a book by the cover when the cover looks like mein kampf

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2017, 08:49:49 AM »
He looks exactly like the kid from American history X, a spades a spade motherfucker. Don't get mad when people judge a book by the cover when the cover looks like mein kampf

Just came in here to say he looks Edward Furlong in American History X. You can clearly tell he's just into punk rock, but he knows the look he's giving off. My two friends are really into punk but they know not to dress like fucking romper stomper.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »
Where does Ben k live?

Dressing like that can be easily taken outta context. Im Surprised nobody has beat the fuck out of him or worse.

Gentleman ninja warlock

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2017, 09:19:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No clue about '#98' but 88 and 1312 often get used as numerical versions of ACAB = all cops are bastards and H.H = Hail Hitler.

Not a huge jump if  88 precedes a swastika that you are probably dealing with a nazi or nazi sympathiser.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:27:31 AM by GershonSweaty »

7 year old

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »
for gods sakes man how many times do I have to point out that 8=D

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2017, 09:29:38 AM »
We've all had different experiences. Manolo has probably had different experiences with people dressed that way than Ben K has and it affects him differently and so he said he hopes it doesn't catch on, no biggie, didn't seem like a personal attack. FA/Hockey crew go straight to calling Manolo a kook rather than any reasonable defence of Ben K. Par for the course these days on social media. Bill used Burzum in a Supreme edit and some people went nuts. Varg �is most definitely a fucked up murderous individual who spouts some wild shit about race but using one of his tracks doesn't mean you support his views when as far as I know his political views have never come through his music.

When I was 13/14 I remember being chased out of the pit in the old Melbourne city square by 10 or more skinheads. One appeared at the top of the stairs and the next time I turned my head there was at least 10 more and the first one said "Get 'em" so we fucking ran. If someone wants to ape their style fashion wise it doesn't bother me. As has been mentioned before the neo� nazis appropriated the style so I think it's still ok to dress how you want and I think it's OK for Manolo to say he doesn't like it. Opinions man, like assholes. All good.

What Soda said. Also, funny how Strobeck deleted all the comments, so nobody can notice how childish were the reactions of the team. I love Fucking awesome videos but most of the riders appear to be really full of themselves.
Love Andrew Allen, Sage and AVE on the board and in the interviews but the rest of the team need to read some books. Dill and Gino are Dill and Gino, they are on a different level for the best and for the worst

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »
fuck off manolo, hes wearing a shirt pants and shoes ffs

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 09:39:08 AM »
fuck nazi's. i back manolo. so sick of the tough guy mentality fa/hockey/fatbill have, grow up.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2017, 09:43:06 AM »
fuck nazi's. i back manolo. so sick of the tough guy mentality fa/hockey/fatbill have, grow up.
the real question is: will any of them want to catch antwuans fade though?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »
I've wanted to punch this kid in the face from the moment I saw him, I don't give a fuck how old he is.

Pigeon

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2017, 09:50:36 AM »
That tough guy shit is just mob mentality. None of those guys are smart enough to verbally defend themselves individually, other than name-calling. They try hard to be edgy but can't handle well-deserved criticism. Fucking bitches.

I've wanted to punch this kid in the face from the moment I saw him, I don't give a fuck how old he is.
early 20s so it's fair game

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »
Fuck you pal

He could have picked any of a hundred actual nazis to diss, but instead picks BenK to publicly attack?

Manolo could have just admitted he made a mistake and it would have been done.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 09:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fuck you pal

He could have picked any of a hundred actual nazis to diss, but instead picks BenK to publicly attack?

shut the fuck up tracer

Pigeon

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2017, 10:14:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fuck you pal

You don't get it because you're from Canada. Don't dress up like a Neo-Nazi if you can't handle being called a, "Neo-Nazi." Manolo just said that he hopes that it doesn't become a new trend but those FA bitches got super defensive. Shit got blown out of proportion.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »
Why do we call them FA ? I only saw sean commenting and he isn't representing the whole brand. We can call them supreme bitches/kids/whatever as well.
And yeah, his fits are quite nazi. If he dressed like that in eastern europe, he'd get called nazi all the time.
I think in reality he is just sensitive emo kid, but pretends to be a tough guy

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2017, 10:41:10 AM »
okay i may not agree with what the nazi party believes and do not approve of most of their actions but i will say they look fuckin sick.. boots and braces mate some vintage docs from the UK hop on ebay may get lucky find a pair in your size

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2017, 10:41:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude in the middle looks like someone's uncle and only rides bikes on the weekends. Guy on left looks like a young Razor Ramon, guy on right looks like he just made some bad face tattoo decisions during the late '00s and has nothing else going for him other than join some Nazis.