Author Topic: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?  (Read 67644 times)

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
Re: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
he looks about as threatening as light drizzle.

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
i think it's kinda tight that the sons of anarchy guy wears air force ones even after nelly's endorsement...

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »
There's something hilarious about dudes with 1%er face tattoos posting on Instagram with a trail of hashtags.

Given their propensity for using alphanumeric numbers/symbols on their faces, it's only natural to gravitate towards the top row on their keyboards.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2017, 11:39:49 AM »
There's something hilarious about dudes with 1%er face tattoos posting on Instagram with a trail of hashtags.

#toughguy #likeforlike

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
ppl talking hive mind and swarming to defend... on SLAP.
you guys are fucking lame.
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

pussyclench

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2017, 11:45:22 AM »
I think theyre trying to become models

theyre kinda pretty no homo

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
Expand Quote
1.) Ben is just a dude, not the CEO of supreme.
2.) They are just clothes
3.) Posting a photo of someone you don't know well on your Instagram and talking shit on what they're wearing is extremely lame
4.) Ben's friends calling Manolo out isn't "the supreme posse unleashing all their goons", but a normal thing for your friends to do when someone is being a fuckkng kook and posting pictures of you equating your clothing choice to naziism.

I've always liked Manolo but making the post was wack and I can't believe you guys are debating that.
[close]
Jumped the gun a little bud, Manolo only commented on one of Strobecks photos. It was Ben that blew it out of proportion.

Wow my bad you're completely right. Since the first comment on the photo was from Manolo I thought it was a caption and he was the one posting it rather than Strobeck. That was dumb. This changes my opinion entirely hahaha

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
Ben K look way more post-punk than skinhead.   Baggy pants?  low top docs?  thats not skinhead shit.   also, refer to previous comments about original skinheads; there are plenty of people of all races that are into the traditional skinhead scene.  The shit originally came from a love of Reggae and Ska...they were basically trying to be black or mod,but from an English working class angle.   Manolo is talking out of his ass. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mongoloid

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »
Ben K look way more post-punk than skinhead.   Baggy pants?  low top docs?  thats not skinhead shit.   also, refer to previous comments about original skinheads; there are plenty of people of all races that are into the traditional skinhead scene.  The shit originally came from a love of Reggae and Ska...they were basically trying to be black or mod,but from an English working class angle.   Manolo is talking out of his ass.  

You're asking too much of people who's only skinhead knowledge is what they saw on American History X..

I'm wearing a Ben Sherman shirt as I type this, maybe I'm a fascist too  ::)

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2017, 01:00:43 PM »
are you guys friends with this fucking kid? why the fuck are any of you defending him? he looks like a fucking kook.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
If this were some kid at a Trump rally, I guarantee everyone would be making assumptions.

Mongoloid

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2017, 01:05:11 PM »
are you guys friends with this fucking kid? why the fuck are any of you defending him? he looks like a fucking kook.

People like differing things, that's some profound revelation!

I like how he skates with intensity, and has a unique identity.

Hastings

• Rep: 34
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
I love his Switch Stance

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Ben K look way more post-punk than skinhead.   Baggy pants?  low top docs?  thats not skinhead shit.   also, refer to previous comments about original skinheads; there are plenty of people of all races that are into the traditional skinhead scene.  The shit originally came from a love of Reggae and Ska...they were basically trying to be black or mod,but from an English working class angle.   Manolo is talking out of his ass.  
[close]

You're asking too much of people who's only skinhead knowledge is what they saw on American History X..

I'm wearing a Ben Sherman shirt as I type this, maybe I'm a fascist too  ::)

What these guys said.

It's surprising (or maybe it's not) to hear skateboarders take the "he's not a neo-nazi but kinda looks like one i saw in a movie therefore should be called out as one" approach.  If anything he looks like a normal hardcore kid, of the NY Hank Wood/Crazy Spirit variety.  He's wearing a Repulsion shirt which has nothing to do with skinheads, traditional or not.

Matt Hensley looks more like a skinhead then he does.

Also funny that in this day and age when there's actual facsists/nazi's marching down the street people are choosing to fashion police stuff like this.  Bill Danforth would like a word with you:

pussyclench

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »
I dont want everyone to dress like me, I like seeing different shit. I like seeing ben the skinhead, hes in his own lane.

You guys are so unfriendly  :'(

he still racist tho

pussyclench

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
This move function is fun

Hastings

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »

What these guys said.

It's surprising (or maybe it's not) to hear skateboarders take the "he's not a neo-nazi but kinda looks like one i saw in a movie therefore should be called out as one" approach.  If anything he looks like a normal hardcore kid, of the NY Hank Wood/Crazy Spirit variety.  He's wearing a Repulsion shirt which has nothing to do with skinheads, traditional or not.

Also funny that in this day and age when there's actual facsists/nazi's marching down the street people are choosing to fashion police stuff like this.  Bill Danforth would like a word with you:

Ben clearly has a lot on his plate right now, no need to lump him with mongo pushers too.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »
I'm a fan of his skating and what he wants to wear is none of my business but it's totally ok to call out someone who chooses to wear stuff that is incredibly offensive to a lot of people. f.ex black face, nazi stuff, kkk etc.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »
Expand Quote

What these guys said.

[close]

Ben clearly has a lot on his plate right now, no need to lump him with mongo pushers too.
Bill Danforth may push mongo but he'll always be a legend.

Hastings

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What these guys said.

[close]

[close]

He came to my town once, said the vert ramp was shit and drove off in a Trans Am.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2017, 02:13:24 PM »
If this were some kid at a Trump rally, I guarantee everyone would be making assumptions.

Really wanted to stay out of this argument but I can't because some of the really stupid shit being tossed around...

If you know anything about the clothing he is actually wearing, specifically the politics of the bands on his shirts, you would know this is a straw man argument because he would never be at a Trump rally.

Dude wears shirts repping: Repulsion (had a transgendered guitarist), Infest (has a song called Nazi Killer), Discharge (shit, every single song is about anarchy or nuclear terror). He skated to fucking ASSUCK in that latest Hockey promo who wrote a record called anticapital...come on. If you're gonna talk shit, talk shit, but at least know what you're saying.

And comparing him to American History X...that's like saying Hollywood accurately depicts skateboarders in movies, which we all know they don't. To give you some perspective, in skateboard terms the skins portrayed in American History X are basically pushing mongo in mesh gym shorts with 45mm black wheels and pink trucks.

This shit is dumb. Ben dresses like a punk most of the time, and then a kook with fucking alien patches on his supreme jeans the rest of the time. He isn't a nazi, not even by a long shot.

Manolo is stupid for calling him a nazi because 1) he's not, and 2) he doesn't dress like one. He dresses like your average punk, straight up.
Ben is stupid because he's young and doesnt know how to take shit talking and used social media to air his beef. Should have just deleted the comment and moved on or whatever.

Ben is good at skating and fucking awesome to watch.
Manolo makes some of my favorite edits ever.

Finally: I would bic my head too if I were Ben--have you seen him with hair!?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
I'm a fan of his skating and what he wants to wear is none of my business but it's totally ok to call out someone who chooses to wear stuff that is incredibly offensive to a lot of people. f.ex black face, nazi stuff, kkk etc.

Did you just compare Ben having a shaved head and wearing Doc Martens to a Klan member or someone wearing Blackface?
Are you for real? What planet did you grow up on?

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2017, 02:20:28 PM »
what did ben say in response to manolo? only saw the screen grab of the other supreme folks

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2017, 02:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What these guys said.

[close]

[close]
[close]

He came to my town once, said the vert ramp was shit and drove off in a Trans Am.

Gnar'd because that story is ILL, hahahaha

shark tits

« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »
i wonder if his former classmates at the culinary institute consider him a race traitor for eating mcdonalds?
red suspenders means you've spilled bbq sauce for your race.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2017, 02:34:16 PM »
Bill Danforth won this thread
Gentleman ninja warlock

Mongoloid

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2017, 02:44:53 PM »
I've been invited to skate the American Nomad ramp by a friend, but I'm far too much of a pussy to deal with Bill Danforth's attitude.

Plus I'm fucking awful at transition.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What these guys said.

[close]

[close]
[close]

My point is proven. Danforth is a legend.
Bill Danforth won this thread

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Nigga in the middle got Transparent Ears

Do You even Street Style ???