Author Topic: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?  (Read 67559 times)

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
Re: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:35 AM »
Can we get AVE and Nakel off this fucking shithole company?  CORNY AS FUCK
where is home?

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2017, 08:53:54 AM »
There is a skinhead kid skates w/ the fancy lad crew. See him around time to time. DOn't  think he's racist but one time he was really mad he couldnt land a switch early grab or something like that

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2017, 09:11:45 AM »
What if you're rocking a no guard haircut because of bad genes...? Asking for a uh friend.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

calvinsdream

« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
The term skinhead and neo-nazi are being tossed around interchangeably - I know this has been touched on, but come on -

This kid shaved his head and is dressed like a punk. I had plenty of SHARP friends who dressed just like this - and if there was any racial altercation at shows, guess who showed up to back up any minorities being fucked with?

For being skaters 'open to all cultures' this is pretty embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong - I see where Manolo is coming from - but to me, (and I know this is an exaggerated example) that's like calling someone in a burka a terrorist - just because they're wearing something that often times falls inline with violent and extreme individuals, doesn't necessarily constitute its original intent or categorize everyone who wears one.

Just out of curiosity, did any minorities actually get fucked with / even have a presence at these shows? For all the anti-racist rhetoric from SHARPs have it seems out of place considering punk and associated subcultures tend to have almost exclusively white, male audiences in the first place.

Also choosing to dress a certain way isn't even in the same ballpark as dressing a certain way because of faith. Unless american history x costumes are some kind of a faith now.

shark tits

« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2017, 09:21:25 AM »
What if you're rocking a no guard haircut because of bad genes...? Asking for a uh friend.
i'm pretty sure that the number one cause of follicle damage is hating too hard. when you're too racist for hair you force those immigrants off your pate. using your white power as a depilatory. white magic?
michael jordan is a self hating black man w/ a bald head. coincidence? i think not!
see also shaq, charles barkely and some others.
native americans cannot be racist and they all have nice hair.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i'm pretty sure that the number one cause of follicle damage is hating too hard. when you're too racist for hair you force those immigrants off your pate. using your white power as a depilatory. white magic?
michael jordan is a self hating black man w/ a bald head. coincidence? i think not!
see also shaq, charles barkely and some others.
native americans cannot be racist and they all have nice hair.
Makes sense, been on Slap for 11 years, been a hater for far longer.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Fastfreddy

« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2017, 10:21:55 AM »
Expand Quote
The term skinhead and neo-nazi are being tossed around interchangeably - I know this has been touched on, but come on -

This kid shaved his head and is dressed like a punk. I had plenty of SHARP friends who dressed just like this - and if there was any racial altercation at shows, guess who showed up to back up any minorities being fucked with?

Don't get me wrong - I see where Manolo is coming from - but to me, (and I know this is an exaggerated example) that's like calling someone in a burka a terrorist - just because they're wearing something that often times falls inline with violent and extreme individuals, doesn't necessarily constitute its original intent or categorize everyone who wears one.
[close]

Just out of curiosity, did any minorities actually get fucked with / even have a presence at these shows? For all the anti-racist rhetoric from SHARPs have it seems out of place considering punk and associated subcultures tend to have almost exclusively white, male audiences in the first place.

Also choosing to dress a certain way isn't even in the same ballpark as dressing a certain way because of faith. Unless american history x costumes are some kind of a faith now.

The hardcore scene in the rust-belt - early 90's wasn't an every-show occurrence, but it happened often. I personally witnessed black/latino kids getting bullied by nazi-skins a handful of times, not to mention the stories I heard from friends at shows I couldn't make - altercations definitely broke out regularly.

And you're still missing the point and drawing even broader generalizations still painting all punks who shave their heads and tuck their shirts in as 'American History X' - and assuming all punk shows as being white male dominant. I don't know where you grew up - but it certainly wasn't like that in the cities I've lived in, visited, or frequented to see shows neighboring my town.

Also - I'm basing my opinion based on blind generalizations - the issue of faith-based dress shouldn't define that.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:25:41 AM by Fastfreddy »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
Great. Not all skinheads are nazis.
However, they do dress like Nazis.
Why are they so stubbornly married to looking almost, but not exactly, like Nazis?
Like, what's so great about it? What would happen if people who weren't nazis stopped dressing like nazis?
You act like its a culture, or a necessity to dress in a way that makes them look like nazis. Its not. This isn't like a hijab, or a kipah, or a military uniform, or a job requirement or anything like that, its a fashion choice, and a stupid one at that.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2017, 10:51:17 AM »

vs

vs

Basically people dress like shit these days...

calvinsdream

« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The hardcore scene in the rust-belt - early 90's wasn't an every-show occurrence, but it happened often. I personally witnessed black/latino kids getting bullied by nazi-skins a handful of times, not to mention the stories I heard from friends at shows I couldn't make - altercations definitely broke out regularly.

And you're still missing the point and drawing even broader generalizations still painting all punks who shave their heads and tuck their shirts in as 'American History X' - and assuming all punk shows as being white male dominant. I don't know where you grew up - but it certainly wasn't like that in the cities I've lived in, visited, or frequented to see shows neighboring my town.

Also - I'm basing my opinion based on blind generalizations - the issue of faith-based dress shouldn't define that.

I don't think it's a huge stretch to assume punk/hardcore shows as not being that diverse - for all punks preached about being against racism, sexism, and homophobia, those affected populations didn't really have a lot of representation in those scenes in the 80s/90s/00s.  I grew up in the rust belt as well and there wasn't much diversity at house shows.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2017, 11:17:19 AM »

This! People need to read this and understand it.

The ignorance and hatred and stupidity in this thread is fucking mind boggling. Neo nazis appropriated the skinhead look. Not the other way around. Being a skinhead doesn't mean you're a neo nazi nor does looking like a skinhead. Dressing like a skinhead is not giving out the image that you're a neo nazi any more than dressing in some muslim robe and hat is giving out the image that you're a terrorist.

If you are a person who sees a skinhead and thinks he's certainly a neo nazi, you're the one being an ignorant judgemental idiot, not the other person. Same goes for the muslim thing. Stop being idiots people. Stop being ignorant. Stop being so god damn judgemental. FFS!

:(

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The ignorance and hatred and stupidity in this thread is fucking mind boggling. Neo nazis appropriated the skinhead look. Not the other way around. Being a skinhead doesn't mean you're a neo nazi nor does looking like a skinhead. Dressing like a skinhead is not giving out the image that you're a neo nazi any more than dressing in some muslim robe and hat is giving out the image that you're a terrorist.

If you are a person who sees a skinhead and thinks he's certainly a neo nazi, you're the one being an ignorant judgemental idiot, not the other person. Same goes for the muslim thing. Stop being idiots people. Stop being ignorant. Stop being so god damn judgemental. FFS!

Big difference between religious attire that you are told to wear by religious texts, and what you can freely choose to wear to present an image. There are no people born skinheads whose religion says they have to wear this stuff.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

WHY THE FUCK IS IT OTHER PEOPLE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LIKE OR RESEARCH YOUR FASHION STYLE?
Stop playing the oppressed teenager role. People judge you based on how you dress, that's just reality. Its not like racism, sexism, religious oppression or anything like that.
Grow the fuck up baby. People judge you based on how you present yourself and all the crybaby bullshit in the world won't change that.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Big difference between religious attire that you are told to wear by religious texts, and what you can freely choose to wear to present an image. There are no people born skinheads whose religion says they have to wear this stuff.

From what i understand the thawb and the male headscarf aren't religious clothing. It's just something that is common to their culture and what some people choose to wear for whatever reason. I am not a big expert on islam though, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, that's completely besides the point. The point is that muslims aren't terrorists and skinheads aren't neo nazis. A muslim can be a terrorist and a skinhead can be a neo nazi but for you to condemn everyone based on their look is ignorant, stupid and breeds hate, especially when you're doing it based on false assumptions.

pussyclench

« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
you guys are fucking regular

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2017, 12:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
WHY THE FUCK IS IT OTHER PEOPLE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LIKE OR RESEARCH YOUR FASHION STYLE?
Stop playing the oppressed teenager role. People judge you based on how you dress, that's just reality. Its not like racism, sexism, religious oppression or anything like that.
Grow the fuck up baby. People judge you based on how you present yourself and all the crybaby bullshit in the world won't change that.

Yes. People do judge other people based on what they choose to wear. I do realise that. It doesn't make it any more right, wise, smart or less ignorant.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yes. People do judge other people based on what they choose to wear. I do realise that. It doesn't make it any more right, wise, smart or less ignorant.
Its completely reasonable and isn't ignorant at all. You CHOOSE to project yourself to the world in a certain way. Nobody makes you. How you CHOOSE to project yourself to the world is a conscious choice that has consequences>
What is ignorant is thinking you can project yourself to the world however you want and that everybody has to research it and/or respect it. They don't. You'll learn that some day stupid child.

Mongoloid

« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2017, 12:14:51 PM »
ITT Gipper projects himself respectfully and maturely.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »
Do I ever cry that people shouldn't judge me hear simply based on how I act? Fuck no. If you hate me, enjoy the fuckin' ride. I'm not going to cry about how you need to learn more about "the real me" and that if you don't you are being ignorant.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Its completely reasonable and isn't ignorant at all. You CHOOSE to project yourself to the world in a certain way. Nobody makes you. How you CHOOSE to project yourself to the world is a conscious choice that has consequences>
What is ignorant is thinking you can project yourself to the world however you want and that everybody has to research it and/or respect it. They don't. You'll learn that some day stupid child.

Gip, I'm honestly blown away by this. By this logic, you are saying that if someone doesn't inherently understand something, and their only frame of reference is what is presented to them by mainstream society, than the OTHER person needs to change? That is fucking crazy talk, dude.

I'm sorry - if someone wears doc martens and has a shaved head - assuming they're a skin head is fine -

Assuming they're a nazi is not.

I stand by that.

Mongoloid

« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
I don't entirely disagree, but I just found humor in the fact that you followed up your tangent of "how one projects themself" with being an asshole.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Are they obliged to judge you on your appearance or is that a choice?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:13 PM »
What Gip said is sort of a harsh reality of things. I think as a kid, perhaps you can get a pass from wearing whatever you want but it only gets worse as you become older. The work field is perfect place to prejudge and in some ways, is total acceptable to do so even though a company would never admit to it. This is where getting things like tattoos or even shaving your head would be such a bad thing to have if you are trying to get a specific type of job. Of course it's somewhat bullshit but by the end of it, companies can do whatever they want and will not hire based on the pettiest of things.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2017, 12:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Gip, I'm honestly blown away by this. By this logic, you are saying that if someone doesn't inherently understand something, and their only frame of reference is what is presented to them by mainstream society, than the OTHER person needs to change? That is fucking crazy talk, dude.

I'm sorry - if someone wears doc martens and has a shaved head - assuming they're a skin head is fine -

Assuming they're a nazi is not.

I stand by that.
Well, then you're an idiot. Its not the world's responsibility to research your fashion sense. You dress like a nazi, people will call you a nazi. Either accept that, or change the way you dress BECAUSE NOBODY IS FUCKING MAKING YOU.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
There are people who like to use the confederate flag in non-racist ways (i.e. as point of pride in southern history, state's rights, etc.) but I still see it as a racist symbol and think less of people who still use it. Just because I don't fully understand one's intentions in flying it, doesn't mean I won't judge them for it (looking at you cody mac). Same with the skinhead look. Perception is everything, dudes.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
he lives in brooklyn and nothing means anything in brooklyn
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

So essentially what you're saying is that ignorance isn't ignorance?  ???

Judging people based on your ignorance isn't ignorant? Judging people based on your false assumptions isn't ignorant?

I don't think anyone has to research or respect anything. People are free to do what they want. But passing judgement on something without delving further into the matter you're judging is pretty damn ignorant.

shark tits

« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2017, 01:00:36 PM »
12/12 jurors in the zimmerman trial agreed^

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

So essentially what you're saying is that ignorance isn't ignorance?  ???

Judging people based on your ignorance isn't ignorant? Judging people based on your false assumptions isn't ignorant?

I don't think anyone has to research or respect anything. People are free to do what they want. But passing judgement on something without delving further into the matter you're judging is pretty damn ignorant.
Holy shit you are dumb and self-centered. Not doing special research to learn about the fashion choices of a snowflakkke like you isn't being ignorant. Ignorant is not knowing something you should know. Nobody needs to know about your fashion sense when it looks identical to the nazi look, so they aren't being ignorant. You are.
Ignorant is thinking the whole world has to do research about why your look, which is identical to the nazi look, is subtly different.