Author Topic: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?  (Read 67645 times)

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
Re: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »
Anyone saying that "it's the same as calling someone in a burqa a terrorist" is a fucking moron too. There's like 3 million muslims in the US and and the amount of terrorists among them are miniscule. There's no statistics on the skinhead look being a neo nazi or following some British trend from the 80's, but I would venture to guess a majority of skinheads are goin for the American History X look.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2017, 01:17:48 PM »
Keep it up fellas I'm really learning a lot!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »
i`d be stoked if it were that easy to identify goddamn nazis. over here, in the general area where this trainwreck of an idea was born, they have adapted to fit in with society, and are now undermining it without most of the idiots around here noticing it.

pussyclench

« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »
Ive never seena nazi dress like ben. They usally have nascar shades, rd weathered skin, and lay bricks for a living, and have like a 96 greet GT mustang.

They would probably see Kadow and be like, look at that fagger orvr theer

Fastfreddy

« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »
There are people who like to use the confederate flag in non-racist ways (i.e. as point of pride in southern history, state's rights, etc.) but I still see it as a racist symbol and think less of people who still use it. Just because I don't fully understand one's intentions in flying it, doesn't mean I won't judge them for it (looking at you cody mac). Same with the skinhead look. Perception is everything, dudes.

The confederate flag STARTED as a symbol of oppression and racism....punk kids shaving their heads didn't..

And Gip, I understand the point you're trying to make, but to me it's falling flat
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:55:44 PM by Fastfreddy »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »
Well, then keep dressing like a nazi. Just stop crying when people react in a predictable way
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:06 PM »
Well, then keep dressing like a nazi. Just stop crying when people react in a predictable way
Judging people by their outward appearance, who's the nazi now?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If that is your definition of nazi....
1) you don't know what a nazi is.
2) the entire world are nazis.

moron

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

moron

Thinks a shaved head, punk tee shirt, Dr Martens and short pants make a nazi. Who's the moron again?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

moron

[close]
Thinks a shaved head, punk tee shirt, Dr Martens and short pants make a nazi. Who's the moron again?

Holy fuck the world must be confusing and cruel to a stupid motherfucker like you

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The term skinhead and neo-nazi are being tossed around interchangeably - I know this has been touched on, but come on -

This kid shaved his head and is dressed like a punk. I had plenty of SHARP friends who dressed just like this - and if there was any racial altercation at shows, guess who showed up to back up any minorities being fucked with?

For being skaters 'open to all cultures' this is pretty embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong - I see where Manolo is coming from - but to me, (and I know this is an exaggerated example) that's like calling someone in a burka a terrorist - just because they're wearing something that often times falls inline with violent and extreme individuals, doesn't necessarily constitute its original intent or categorize everyone who wears one.
[close]

This! People need to read this and understand it.

The ignorance and hatred and stupidity in this thread is fucking mind boggling. Neo nazis appropriated the skinhead look. Not the other way around. Being a skinhead doesn't mean you're a neo nazi nor does looking like a skinhead. Dressing like a skinhead is not giving out the image that you're a neo nazi any more than dressing in some muslim robe and hat is giving out the image that you're a terrorist.

If you are a person who sees a skinhead and thinks he's certainly a neo nazi, you're the one being an ignorant judgemental idiot, not the other person. Same goes for the muslim thing. Stop being idiots people. Stop being ignorant. Stop being so god damn judgemental. FFS!

:(
[close]
WHY THE FUCK IS IT OTHER PEOPLE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LIKE OR RESEARCH YOUR FASHION STYLE?
Stop playing the oppressed teenager role. People judge you based on how you dress, that's just reality. Its not like racism, sexism, religious oppression or anything like that.
Grow the fuck up baby. People judge you based on how you present yourself and all the crybaby bullshit in the world won't change that.
[close]

Yes. People do judge other people based on what they choose to wear. I do realise that. It doesn't make it any more right, wise, smart or less ignorant.
[close]
Its completely reasonable and isn't ignorant at all. You CHOOSE to project yourself to the world in a certain way. Nobody makes you. How you CHOOSE to project yourself to the world is a conscious choice that has consequences>
What is ignorant is thinking you can project yourself to the world however you want and that everybody has to research it and/or respect it. They don't. You'll learn that some day stupid child.
[close]
Are they obliged to judge you on your appearance or is that a choice?
i think its sort of a choice depending on the situation, like if ben k hung out at your local park or spots: you could judge him based on his skin neonazi outfits OR you could get to knoe the dude and find out what the deal is and maybe you get to like him or not.
But that doesnt apply on your daily walk to buy a 40 or shit like that where you probably wont see that person again
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • &#3232;_&#3232;
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »
I'm surprised how easily the gip just got trolled there. Made the whole argument worth it.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

moron

[close]
[close]

Holy fuck the world must be confusing and cruel to a stupid motherfucker like you

Nah man, I've got it all figured out. You're the one getting recreationally outraged. Who's stupid now?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Ben K is very obviously into punk and I don't think it's a stretch to guess that clothing style's been around in that music scene and its predecessors longer than it's been in neo-nazism. Most kids I know who wear that stuff are well aware of the history and do it with a "taking it back" kind of attitude.

I wouldn't have made an Instagram post and riled up an angry mob about it, and I don't think anybody has ever looked good in a tucked in t-shirt, but I'm leaning toward team Ben K.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
not comparing skin heads to nazi's, but good luck reminding an IGNORAMUS that a swatztika is a sacred indian symbol that represents good fortune.

the negative connotation is here to stay.

Mongoloid

« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »
FWIW plenty of punk kids I went to high school with dressed nearly indentical to Ben K.

They must have all been Neo Nazis.  ;)

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • &#3232;_&#3232;
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2017, 02:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Ben K is very obviously into punk and I don't think it's a stretch to guess that clothing style's been around in that music scene and its predecessors longer than it's been in neo-nazism. Most kids I know who wear that stuff are well aware of the history and do it with a "taking it back" kind of attitude.

I wouldn't have made an Instagram post and riled up an angry mob about it, and I don't think anybody has ever looked good in a tucked in t-shirt, but I'm leaning toward team Ben K.
[close]

2:55

Clerks II (8/8) Movie CLIP - Porch Monkeys (2006) HD

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
I once made friends with a sharp because he was friends with this really cute girl, she later called me out on it and I told her absolutely that's why.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »
If you google skinhead Ben is dressed exactly like some of those fuckers.

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #289 on: March 28, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »
Lol Ben K usually looks stupid as fuck. But we all know the real costume of a white racists is that weird combination of being meticulously dressed but 18 months behind on fashion trends. Like if you see a white dude rocking an undercut, some sweatpants, and a long tshirt in 2017...he probably can't STAND a hebrew!
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »
How the fuck did this make it to 10 pages? Everyone knows this is what real neo-nazis look like:

For real though, the dude's not rocking a swazi armband chill the fuck out.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
Yeah I checked that article. Weed strayed them away from the neo-nazi lifestyle. And I've definitely seen Ben K smoke weed through an apple.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2017, 03:47:30 PM »
i have a swastika flag in my living room, i've converted to hinduism you ignorant fucks

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2017, 03:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The term skinhead and neo-nazi are being tossed around interchangeably - I know this has been touched on, but come on -

This kid shaved his head and is dressed like a punk. I had plenty of SHARP friends who dressed just like this - and if there was any racial altercation at shows, guess who showed up to back up any minorities being fucked with?

Don't get me wrong - I see where Manolo is coming from - but to me, (and I know this is an exaggerated example) that's like calling someone in a burka a terrorist - just because they're wearing something that often times falls inline with violent and extreme individuals, doesn't necessarily constitute its original intent or categorize everyone who wears one.
[close]

The ignorance and hatred and stupidity in this thread is fucking mind boggling. Neo nazis appropriated the skinhead look. Not the other way around. Being a skinhead doesn't mean you're a neo nazi nor does looking like a skinhead. Dressing like a skinhead is not giving out the image that you're a neo nazi any more than dressing in some muslim robe and hat is giving out the image that you're a terrorist.

If you are a person who sees a skinhead and thinks he's certainly a neo nazi, you're the one being an ignorant judgemental idiot, not the other person. Same goes for the muslim thing. Stop being idiots people. Stop being ignorant. Stop being so god damn judgemental. FFS!

[close]
WHY THE FUCK IS IT OTHER PEOPLE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LIKE OR RESEARCH YOUR FASHION STYLE?
Stop playing the oppressed teenager role. People judge you based on how you dress, that's just reality. Its not like racism, sexism, religious oppression or anything like that.
Grow the fuck up baby. People judge you based on how you present yourself and all the crybaby bullshit in the world won't change that.

in other news, women who get raped while wearing short skirts probably deserved it
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: March 28, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

in other news, women who get raped while wearing short skirts probably deserved it

holy fuck u are dumb. do you even realize what you're saying with this?

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #295 on: March 28, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
I guess i need to clarify something here cause people are taking sides and it's a misunderstanding,
since my original comment was about a general look and NOT ben K.
I phrased it wrong in the comment but i wasn't talking about him or what he thinks, just the clothing/shaved head.

i was flipping through my feed on instagram saw the picture of a supreme kid, i actually had no idea who it was.. wearing what to me 
reminds me of nazi skinheads from the 80's 90's,.. posted i wouldn't like to see that look getting popular in skateboarding, cause it
became associated over the 80's with white supremacists. that's it. people read it wrong, probably told Ben someone was calling him adolph hitler and internet made the rest as usual.

I have no beef with that guy, my comment was ambigous and people read fast,
he got riled up that's understandable but be careful, most people and in the general culture in the world associates
skinheads with the white pride retards. Don't go on tour in Israel dressed like that...

And for everybody who keep acting like this look is ABSOLUTELY and in no way possible visually mistakable for nazi skinheads...
there you go:

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2017, 04:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

holy fuck u are dumb. do you even realize what you're saying with this?

telling people that they deserve whatever happens to them because of the clothes they're trying to wear?  i think that sounds a lot dumber
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:06:07 PM by augustmoon »

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
the comparison is completely flawed and stupid. who wore originally short skirts? and why was it ok to rape that certain group?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »
its not you fucknut.  a lot of the arguments here sound eerily like rape-apologist bullshit. "you should know what you're getting into dressing like that".  fuck outta here with that shit

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
I guess i need to clarify something here cause people are taking sides and it's a misunderstanding,
since my original comment was about a general look and NOT ben K.
I phrased it wrong in the comment but i wasn't talking about him or what he thinks, just the clothing/shaved head.

i was flipping through my feed on instagram saw the picture of a supreme kid, i actually had no idea who it was.. wearing what to me 
reminds me of nazi skinheads from the 80's 90's,.. posted i wouldn't like to see that look getting popular in skateboarding, cause it
became associated over the 80's with white supremacists. that's it. people read it wrong, probably told Ben someone was calling him adolph hitler and internet made the rest as usual.

I have no beef with that guy, my comment was ambigous and people read fast,
he got riled up that's understandable but be careful, most people and in the general culture in the world associates
skinheads with the white pride retards. Don't go on tour in Israel dressed like that...

And for everybody who keep acting like this look is ABSOLUTELY and in no way possible visually mistakable for nazi skinheads...
there you go: