Author Topic: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?  (Read 67649 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Re: manolo tapes/ ben k beef?
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2017, 04:22:15 PM »
that's like saying a Sikh shouldn't wear a turban because it makes him look like a terrorist
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
no it's not......

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
that's like saying a Sikh shouldn't wear a turban because it makes him look like a terrorist

I'm not responsible for terrorists or neo nazis using the dress code of another cultural group.

The world is full of people that aren't familiar with punk rock subcultural way of dressing.

pussyclench

« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2017, 04:29:16 PM »
U needa pack a toast ta go up in FA terrtiory. That was a threat. Ben savage, he dont play, he gon callk them young FA niggas to blast you.  Dat nigga hold rank in FA game.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »
NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU JUST SAID HE LOOKED LIKE A SHAVED TESTICLE

*not my line, someone else said it on slap before but i agree with that person

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #305 on: March 28, 2017, 04:32:05 PM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »
^we started getting into that ass and that's why this is still going

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2017, 04:40:53 PM »
Internet death threats, nice.

D. Bag

« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2017, 06:55:22 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSCUQEug8ZE/?taken-by=williamstrobeck&hl=en

"manolostapesTruly hope this neo nazi shit does not become a popular trend in skateboarding"

what a stupid fucking thing to say.?  he deserves to get shit on for this.

We exist in the era where everyone sees MUH NAZIS around every corner, because now, anything that isn't what the beholder likes to see is 100% pure Hitler reincarnate. 

It's to the point where someone will accuse a dude who keeps his head shaved from going bald a Nazi because it's fashionable.  So, next time you see a guy with no hair or someone wearing Doc Martens, go tell them they're worse than Hitler, it's your civic duty.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #309 on: March 28, 2017, 09:22:10 PM »
its not you fucknut.  a lot of the arguments here sound eerily like rape-apologist bullshit. "you should know what you're getting into dressing like that".  fuck outta here with that shit

No it's not. Being mistaken for a neo nazi and literally getting raped are not the same thing so stop acting like it is.

Again, no it's not. People who mistake others with turbans or burqas as terrorists are racists. There are like 3 million muslims in the US alone, and people call them terrorists because of the acts of a dozen people. They treat people differently due to an unfair comparison.

There are very large groups of people who openly look like skinheads (shaved head tucked in shirt combat boots) and are aggressive in their racist/anti semetic actions. You must realize these people are the ones who are most closely associated with this look (especially in the US), so if an average person feels uncomfortable around them and assume they are indeed a neo nazi it shouldn't be a surprise. Even the non-racist skinheads are known for being a militant group, which typically makes people uncomfortable.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #310 on: March 28, 2017, 09:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote
its not you fucknut.  a lot of the arguments here sound eerily like rape-apologist bullshit. "you should know what you're getting into dressing like that".  fuck outta here with that shit
[close]

No it's not. Being mistaken for a neo nazi and literally getting raped are not the same thing so stop acting like it is.

Expand Quote
[close]

Again, no it's not. People who mistake others with turbans or burqas as terrorists are racists. There are like 3 million muslims in the US alone, and people call them terrorists because of the acts of a dozen people. They treat people differently due to an unfair comparison.

There are very large groups of people who openly look like skinheads (shaved head tucked in shirt combat boots) and are aggressive in their racist/anti semetic actions. You must realize these people are the ones who are most closely associated with this look (especially in the US), so if an average person feels uncomfortable around them and assume they are indeed a neo nazi it shouldn't be a surprise. Even the non-racist skinheads are known for being a militant group, which typically makes people uncomfortable.
People seriously comparing religious attire with the ability to dress like Edward Norton in American History X have lost touch with reality.

The ironic part is, most terrorists when they commit acts of Terror go out of their way to not dress like arabs, whereas Neo-Nazi's who go out bashing absolutely dress like Ben K. Does it make it fair to judge him, probably not. But they are worlds apart. There is a massive difference between people born into a religious culture, and people willingly engaging in a sub-culture. To try and draw a parallel is overly simplistic.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #311 on: March 28, 2017, 09:52:49 PM »
someone photoshop a man bun on him and end this thread
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #312 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:52 PM »
Manolo going for attention now or what? First Ben now posting photos of neo nazis. Go skate bro

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #313 on: March 28, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »
how in the fuck did this thread go 11 pages?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #314 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »

this is peak Slap

one part skater talking
one part fashion discussion
one part political discourse
one part photo shop
one part Gipper against the world

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is peak Slap

one part skater talking
one part fashion discussion
one part political discourse
one part photo shop
one part Gipper against the world

Someone give this guy a gnar ^

Wonder how many times Ben K has been fucked with because of the skinhead look.

Dong Juan

• Rep: -7
« Reply #316 on: March 28, 2017, 10:35:50 PM »
Internet death threats, nice.

You're fucking kidding, right? Jesus...

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
death threats are not too far off from aligning some kid with nazi-ism.

That Ron Regan dipshit loves to throw around accusations when it suits him. the "people shouldn't have to do research" argument is invalid because the hateful shit he's espousing is based on his own (albeit limited) research of what a neo-nazi looks like.

Bottom line some young kid puts some clothes on and shaves his head and people allude to him being a hate monger. If that isn't hate mongering in itself, I don't know what is.

I've hung out w/ Ben. he's a nice boy and has every right to be upset over people associating him with hate groups especially in these times. I guess compassion is relative.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:37 PM »

calvinsdream

« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »
More like:

Bottom line some young kid puts some clothes on and shaves his head and people allude to him being dressing like a a hate monger.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #320 on: March 28, 2017, 10:54:43 PM »
More like:

Expand Quote
Bottom line some young kid puts some clothes on and shaves his head and people allude to him being dressing like a a hate monger.
[close]

i know u think you're clever but at most he's "dressing similar to a hate monger". Any thru line connection is clearly drawn by your own hateful projecting self.

calvinsdream

« Reply #321 on: March 28, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
More like:

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i know u think you're clever but at most he's "dressing similar to a hate monger". Any thru line connection is clearly drawn by your own hateful projecting self.

Now you're splitting hairs between "dressing like" and "dressing similar to"? yeah ok

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #322 on: March 28, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
More like:

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Now you're splitting hairs between "dressing like" and "dressing similar to"? yeah ok

I do agree w/ you that arguing semantics is typically bullshit but it's poignant in this instance. Dressing "like" someone is taken in the Halloween costume veign. Ie: it's implied that you're trying to be like that person. When dressing "similar to" a group is totally circumstantial ie: Just cause racists adopted New Balances doesn't mean anyone that wears New Balance sneakers is racist.

D. Bag

« Reply #323 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:54 PM »
Best part of all of this is skateboarding has truly become everything it once used to be against:

- being judgmental
- wanting to dissect everything about someone's appearance so more judgment can be cast and accusations can be made
- being ready to stereotype based on appearance
- being upset if someone dares to look remotely like someone you don't like for any reason whatsoever
- being cool to look for any far-fetched reason to try and align someone with something you hate because of their appearance
- being totally up for ganging up on anyone who doesn't fit the mold of acceptability
- chastising and shaming those who don't "look acceptable" regardless of reason for being different

Not that skateboarders haven't been petty and judgmental since the dawn of time, but holy fuck, so many of us truly became the same fucking jocks we rallied against for years, funny how that which was once "counterculture" can't handle anyone going against the grain now.

Skateboarding is fun, skateboarders can be fucking retards. ? Precisely why I've done it 100% alone for the past decade. ? There's nothing "punk rock" left any longer, this game takes itself way too fucking seriously now.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=94872.msg2625777#msg2625777 date=1490767734
Best part of all of this is skateboarding has truly become everything it once used to be against:

- being judgmental
- wanting to dissect everything about someone's appearance so more judgment can be cast and accusations can be made
- being ready to stereotype based on appearance
- being upset if someone dares to look remotely like someone you don't like for any reason whatsoever
- being cool to look for any far-fetched reason to try and align someone with something you hate because of their appearance
- being totally up for ganging up on anyone who doesn't fit the mold of acceptability
- chastising and shaming those who don't "look acceptable" regardless of reason for being different

Not that skateboarders haven't been petty and judgmental since the dawn of time, but holy fuck, so many of us truly became the same fucking jocks we rallied against for years, funny how that which was once "counterculture" can't handle anyone going against the grain now.

Skateboarding is fun, skateboarders can be fucking retards. ? Precisely why I've done it 100% alone for the past decade. ? There's nothing "punk rock" left any longer, this game takes itself way too fucking seriously now.

This.

i know there's a lot of displaced anger in the world and I get that u gotta do something with it but if you can't consider for a second that some kid found a style he liked and then was hurt because other people projected that anger onto him, who are you really helping?

it's a witch hunt and it's not ok.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »
Well holy fuck did this thread go sideways
Gentleman ninja warlock

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »
Iffa dat peewee baldy bwoy come tah Jamrock look like a dat, I&I bun a fyah pun him fi preachin an promotin dem evil babylon scripture. Rasta mon burn pagans, end downpression, bless up an give tanks to da mos high jah.
I an I haff nah white god

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2017, 12:09:01 AM »
Iffa dat peewee baldy bwoy come tah Jamrock look like a dat, I&I bun a fyah pun him fi preachin an promotin dem evil babylon scripture. Rasta mon burn pagans, end downpression, bless up an give tanks to da mos high jah.

I wanna like this

Jah rule brotha!

This kit is more possibly more offensive

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSNm7n9BtYR/

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:27:56 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2017, 12:45:26 AM »
i am not sure if this discussion goes in the right direction.

(GET IT?)

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2017, 01:15:00 AM »
"Sizzla condemns alledged racist oppressive fashion and promises violent retribution"
I love you Sizzla, never change.