Author Topic: Zoom air Cons  (Read 2124 times)

Spaced Cadet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
Zoom air Cons
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »
How bad are the zoom air cons? Are they the same thickness as the lunarlon or would the shoes fit weird if I dropped some old lunarlon insoles in? I wanted to get some more one stars. I'm considering buying some old lunarlon models off eBay rather than get the new ones.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
Re: Zoom air Cons
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »
How bad are the zoom air cons? Are they the same thickness as the lunarlon or would the shoes fit weird if I dropped some old lunarlon insoles in? I wanted to get some more one stars. I'm considering buying some old lunarlon models off eBay rather than get the new ones.

I got a half size too big, of CTAS with the zoom air bullshit (got too stony to think of going a half size smaller when I was at the shop). I have some old One Stars with the Lunarlon, but I forget what size. Considering they match up, I'll see for myself when I get home. Without even trying, I'd say as like as you have the proper size Lunarlon insole, it should work.

Zoom air is definitely thinner looking from what I can remember, but I'd like to think you'd still be good.
The chillest1

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 11:02:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got a half size too big, of CTAS with the zoom air bullshit (got too stony to think of going a half size smaller when I was at the shop). I have some old One Stars with the Lunarlon, but I forget what size. Considering they match up, I'll see for myself when I get home. Without even trying, I'd say as like as you have the proper size Lunarlon insole, it should work.

Zoom air is definitely thinner looking from what I can remember, but I'd like to think you'd still be good.

How are the zoom air quality wise? I've always thought lunarlon was a little overrated but I remember the old zoom air insoles in Nikes to be fucking awful.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How are the zoom air quality wise? I've always thought lunarlon was a little overrated but I remember the old zoom air insoles in Nikes to be fucking awful.

Feel the same way about lunarlon: super soft, almost gushy feel straight away, and then packs out quickly. Maybe in a cupsole it’d feel better, but skating in cons, although fun/effective, makes my feet hurt at the memory

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
Tried dropping lunarlons in some one star CCs and it made my foot sit too high. Rubbed the back of my heel raw.

olan.is.rollin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 12:37:34 PM »
I usually drop in the vans ultracush in cons with zoom so id imagine theyd fit fine

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 05:02:15 PM »
Are the zoom insoles removable like janoskis? I'm eyeing up some new ctas highs right now but only if the insole comes out
(Cool Trick GIF)

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »
It’s a massive step down from Lunar - outdated tech for the same price. I tried the Purcell’s, the zoom insole is so flimsy and shit (I remember skating dunks in the early 2000’s and liking it but really this just shows how out of date it is)

Cons is blowing it hard.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 09:40:29 PM »
Took the lunarlons out of my CC One Stars (11 m) and put them in my Zoom Air CTAS (11 m) and they work real good. Honestly, the CTAS are a half size too big, so it actually helped as the one stars are closer to TTS.
The chillest1

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 12:07:36 AM »

- old Lunarlon Cons = weird sizing as everybody was used to, Full Size bigger.

- newer Zoom Air Cons = TTS, exactly the same size as Nike SB.

I personally prefer the lunarlon insoles. Zoom Airs are not the same, just ok. But what I'm really mad about is all the other tweaks they've made to the models like getting rid of the gusseted tongues. Can't imagine why they did this.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 12:57:06 AM »

I personally prefer the lunarlon insoles. Zoom Airs are not the same, just ok. But what I'm really mad about is all the other tweaks they've made to the models like getting rid of the gusseted tongues. Can't imagine why they did this.

How new are those ? Because I have zoom air insoles and I still order one size smaller.
I'm 8.5 in Vans, 7.5 in CTAS.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 01:16:33 AM »
^^CTAS still run big as far as I'm concerned. I got the new Zoom Air CTAS on sale, and wish I would have gotten them a full size down rather than half. Still a little big. Fitting the lunarlons helped a little with the fit though. When you look at both insoles, the zoom air definitely looks like a downgrade. Haven't skated Zoom Air insoles yet.
The chillest1

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »
Are the zoom insoles removable like janoskis? I'm eyeing up some new ctas highs right now but only if the insole comes out

they do

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 06:19:30 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

How new are those ? Because I have zoom air insoles and I still order one size smaller.
I'm 8.5 in Vans, 7.5 in CTAS.

^^CTAS still run big as far as I'm concerned. I got the new Zoom Air CTAS on sale, and wish I would have gotten them a full size down rather than half. Still a little big. Fitting the lunarlons helped a little with the fit though. When you look at both insoles, the zoom air definitely looks like a downgrade. Haven't skated Zoom Air insoles yet.

Most recent I got was One Stars, zoom air insole: equivalency is the same as Nike SB sizing - different from Louie CTAS and far different from all the old CTAS/One Stars with Lunarlon that were marked a full size smaller always.

This is a shitshow. I'm at a point where I only buy shoes if I can see the size in CM.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:21:25 AM by Cosme »

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 08:09:49 AM »
To be honest is skated at least 5 pair with the Zoom air insole and I think they are better than the lunarlon.
Better board feel, and they feel less soggy with ageing.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the actual goal of lunarlon is to lower the price of the shoe: PU foam is cheaper than zoom unit.
Lunarlon is probably more comfy than the zoom air but its aging and impact protection is worse than zoom.