Author Topic: Skaters That Make Serious Money  (Read 10882 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Skaters That Make Serious Money
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:01:43 PM »
Nyjah's neck/face tat shows me he has enough to retire nicely, I'm sure he conferred with his agent and got the green light. Add the monster deal and whatever else. He won't be doing cracker commercials anymore that's for sure.

Busenitz and Stefan are all time best sellers, their checks have got to be insane. Easy millionaires, don't have to skate much anymore and it shows in their footage. Big names, not much left to sell.

Tony has everything including best selling video games. Billionaire? Close?

swanronson

• Rep: -27
Re: Skaters That Make Serious Money
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:12:17 PM »
Lol what?! you're reading way to far into the neck tattoo thing. Tattoos aren't taboo anymore, every man and his dog has a neck/throat/hand tattoo these days. You can easily get a construction or mining job, just not an office job....

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Lol what?! you're reading way to far into the neck tattoo thing. Tattoos aren't taboo anymore, every man and his dog has a neck/throat/hand tattoo these days. You can easily get a construction or mining job, just not an office job....
Nyjah drives a custom R8 and Lamborghini, owns a huge private skatepark and bought houses in LA. He's not a dumbass so it wouldn't be surprising if he has 20M in the bank. People like this involved with Nike get (probably free) wealth management services and that's the tip. This isn't Cephas begging for shoes on the Bunt.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:28:57 PM »
Getting his neck tattooed has nothing to do with how much money he has in the bank or how many houses. It's a natural progression of collecting tattoos

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »
I'm sure all the big Nike guys are doing really well, prod Shane O'Neill ishod Cory grant etc. cobra cole probably ain't broke either

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »
What kind of car Brad Cromer drives ? He must be loaded. If not; life aint fair at all.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »
The obvious one here is prod. He's a smart guy and managed his wealth, finances and investments early on. 

Mike Carroll and Rick Howard are very well of. Same with konston and borra.

Nick is obviously fucked up rich, as is dyrdek.

I'd bet if your talking straight up cash though, with current pros, prod is waaay ahead of everyone but hawk
Gentleman ninja warlock

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »
Big Lutzka

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:58 PM »
Busenitz and Stefan are all time best sellers, their checks have got to be insane. Easy millionaires, don't have to skate much anymore and it shows in their footage. Big names, not much left to sell.
Take back what you said about booze >:( oh wait, tracer thread. my bad...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:23:07 PM by iKobrakai »

decoi1

• Rep: 18

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »
I thought he was broke:

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=94045.0

Hey man, a lot can change in a few months.  Tracer is like MJ.  His creative opinions and ideas are constantly evolving. 

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 06:37:55 AM »
i knew this was a tracer thread.. you've also got a real funny way of starting threads.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

SimonFR

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »
Isn't curren caples sponsored for both Surf and Skate ?

he got to make a lot, surfers are usually really rich

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 07:36:58 AM »
Karl Watson said on here that most dudes make $40K-$60K per year, definitely not bad money.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

KronLaFlare

• Rep: -20
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 07:45:52 AM »
Isn't curren caples sponsored for both Surf and Skate ?

he got to make a lot, surfers are usually really rich
I'm pretty sure he gets free surfboards via Robert Wiener & RVCA, he still has that Target and Vans money coming in monthly.

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »
Karl Watson said on here that most dudes make $40K-$60K per year, definitely not bad money.
are you 12? thats not great

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Take back what you said about booze >:( oh wait, tracer thread. my bad...
Took the words right out of my mouth.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 08:22:10 AM »
Google says Nyjah has 550K net worth, but I'm sure he has contracts for millions of dollars per a certain number of years.

Also, net worth is calculated by what you own, subtracting what is owed. So he may be making a ton of money, but also owes a ton of money toward houses/cars/ect.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Especially if you're living in LA/Bay Area/NYC which it seems most skaters have to

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »
That's strange because Ryan Lay mentioned not too long ago that it's around $24-30K with paying shoe/board/clothing sponsors, which is a significant downturn: http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/11/10/skateboarding-as-a-career-with-ryan-lay/

Would the industry be more profitable nowadays if it was composed solely of companies created and run by skateboarders?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's strange because Ryan Lay mentioned not too long ago that it's around $24-30K with paying shoe/board/clothing sponsors, which is a significant downturn: http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/11/10/skateboarding-as-a-career-with-ryan-lay/

Would the industry be more profitable nowadays if it was composed solely of companies created and run by skateboarders?

It would be more profitable if there weren't 800 pros trying to eat out of the same trough. The pro ranks are horribly overpopulated.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It would be more profitable if there weren't 800 pros trying to eat out of the same trough. The pro ranks are horribly overpopulated.
That's true, plus maybe there's something to be said for raising the price of boards and giving the extra to the pro's salary. But then if Revive or whatever keeps their prices the same level, that's just more money for them. I'm just guessing here, I'm not an expert.

Not sure if I agree with the outside argument of getting rid of shop boards so brands can earn more money, that's tricky. Wouldn't agree with that as I proudly ride/rep Green Apple boards, plus the wood comes from Habitat and Girl as well. I also buy shop boards that are collabs with great artists like the Atlas/Brian Lotti one.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 09:54:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Very true.  Think how many new pros there are for every one pro that retires or gets cut. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
That's true, plus maybe there's something to be said for raising the price of boards and giving the extra to the pro's salary. But then if Revive or whatever keeps their prices the same level, that's just more money for them. I'm just guessing here, I'm not an expert.

Not sure if I agree with the outside argument of getting rid of shop boards so brands can earn more money, that's tricky. Wouldn't agree with that as I proudly ride/rep Green Apple boards, plus the wood comes from Habitat and Girl as well. I also buy shop boards that are collabs with great artists like the Atlas/Brian Lotti one.

What? That's welfare. I'm not doing that. Throwing out extra money I bust ass for so some kid doesn't have to get a job? Hell no.

Tracer

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
^Like you're not already payinf for Sheniquas weave?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
Dancing around your choice of words, my taxes go where they go. My paycheck sure as fuck isn't going to a nickname on instagram who doesn't want to go to work.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »
Isn't it considered tacky to dig into someones pockets?  In this current era of online markets it's really not that difficult to skate and make money ...you could be some joe-six pack with a 9-5 and an Ebay store and drive an Tesla

GUCCIMANE

• Rep: -4
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:47 AM »
Nick Trapasso has a neck tattoo, Nick Tripasso is a fucking millionaire.
BURR

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never said it was great, just said it wasn't bad. That's more than most university lecturers get paid...
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.