Author Topic: Does anyone make a decent high/mid top cupsole anymore?  (Read 13541 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: Does anyone make a decent high/mid top cupsole anymore?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:29 PM »
There are some shitty, thin cupsoles out there, so just be weary. I ended up with a pair of Remind Medic insoles, they're incredible. I tried a bunch of FP's and didn't like them. These Reminds though, super supportive, no need to bake, etc...

I don't even consider the zero midsole cupsoles (Koston, Bruin Hyperfeel, Weapon, Suciu, etc.) to be true cupsoles. No amount of insole jiggering makes them any better because they rely on an oversized insole to do the duty of the midsole.

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 05:55:11 PM »
There are some shitty, thin cupsoles out there, so just be weary. I ended up with a pair of Remind Medic insoles, they're incredible. I tried a bunch of FP's and didn't like them. These Reminds though, super supportive, no need to bake, etc...
In what shoes do you skate them then?
I'm on a streak of Sucius right now, they are ok when my feet aren't on crisis mode (plantar fasciitis symptoms for well over a year, but none of the medical exams show anything..., it's a fucking nightmare i wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy).
I'm sure there are better options out there but kinda tired of wasting money aimlessly on this as nothing has been effective so far.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm on a streak of Sucius right now, they are ok when my feet aren't on crisis mode (plantar fasciitis symptoms for well over a year, but none of the medical exams show anything..., it's a fucking nightmare i wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy).
I'm sure there are better options out there but kinda tired of wasting money aimlessly on this as nothing has been effective so far.

I've got them in some regular old half cabs. Had to scrape out the original insole though. Was having pain in my left foot, felt like it was getting wider, if that mades sense. Talked to my doctor, he said my arches were falling due to age and wearing shitty, unsupportive shoes for years.  The reminds aren't pillowy by any means, but they're supportive as hell.
you never know about pre-cum 

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »
Proper Footwear or whatever has a... wait for it...  proper mid top cup coming out!

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »
They put support in the right places and add rigidity into the shoe making it just enough for my feet to handle....I can skate a chuck or a blazer....huf classic etc.....they are like $250.00 but I can switch em around into other shoes. 

Is that a mad typo or are you talking about some crazy "foreign" (aka non-US) currency? Is that cheap if it's the case?

Also I'm eager to see those Proper shoes out.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »
It's an estimate...I'm in Canada where they can be more.  A private health plan may cover em...ie. Mine....but they are custom and hard plastic so not the same as a skate insole....

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I've got them in some regular old half cabs. Had to scrape out the original insole though. Was having pain in my left foot, felt like it was getting wider, if that mades sense. Talked to my doctor, he said my arches were falling due to age and wearing shitty, unsupportive shoes for years.  The reminds aren't pillowy by any means, but they're supportive as hell.

Alright, thanks for the info mate.
I don't really like, nor see the point in this new trend of gluing the insoles (btw, do all sole tech shoes have this now?).
Not sure your shoe setup would be for me from what you're saying, but I might try it at some point, nothing to lose. And coming back on something a little more skater owned than big corp would be a nice plus.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 11:33:48 PM »
Yah...8.5 or 9.5

Plus 30 off per sale thread....

http://www.activerideshop.com/es-accel-slim-mid-shoe-2

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 11:41:13 PM »
Proper Footwear or whatever has a... wait for it...  proper mid top cup coming out!

These look like Heely's straight up.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »
unless you wear dunks, accel slim mids are your best bet. i love busenitzes, but the two mid colorways they've released so far are a no-go for me.

i'm probably gonna get shit on for saying this, but i always thought telfords were ok once the sole wore down a little bit

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 07:03:08 PM »
People keep mentioning the busenitz mid but I'm pretty sure they quit making those so if you want some and you find them I'd snatch them up.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Jordick

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 07:30:27 PM »
puma basket and suede mids skate fucking great and you could find them for <$30. I'd also suggest adidas pro models or fila f-13's or some shit whatever do what you want

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 02:27:34 PM »
I miss these.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These look like Heely's straight up.

they remind me of ipath grasshoppers.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
Needs strap

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
Needs strap

Damn, I was so close. Next run...

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 09:35:09 PM »
bumping this thread I started a while back because I just stumbled across these for anyone interested:

http://www.dcshoes.com/men%27s-frequency-high-top-shoes-191282184196.html#cgid=men_shoes_skate&start=45&hitcount=64

Cupsole, one piece toe, a little puff to protect the goddam ankle bone I keep bashing with my deck trying to relearn backside flips....
They're on the "skateboarding" section of DC's website, but I can't find any reviews or any skate retailers selling them.  Really like my Tiago's, so I might give them a try.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2018, 10:24:31 AM »
Are there any good mid top cupsoles out this time of year? I ran with the Accel mids last summer which served me well (w/ some insoles), but theres not too many other mids out there that seem decent enough to be a go-to.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 10:27:42 AM »
Converse fastbreak mid is a pretty solid shoe. You can find a few good deals floating around.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
Glad this thread popped up again.

After skating some DC Smith's I determined that a mid won;'t fuck with my trick selection and really liked the added snakebite and ankle bone protection (when I ollie over tall shit I usually wreck my lead foot's ankle area).

Skated some low States, first week in them I get a wicked snakebite, rip my ankle AND fuck up the ball of my left foot due to impact (even with FP insoles).

Thing is, I still can't find a good mid cup AND one that has a wide toe box :\

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »
proper cinex reaches the ankle and is wider than average
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2018, 03:07:03 PM »
unless you wear dunks, accel slim mids are your best bet. i love busenitzes, but the two mid colorways they've released so far are a no-go for me.

i'm probably gonna get shit on for saying this, but i always thought telfords were ok once the sole wore down a little bit

I miss these.

missing both of these, telford's were great

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »
Just ordered a pair of those questionable DCs I posted earlier.  Will report back.  Thanks for all the contributions to my dumb old guy thread.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »

If they came in anything other than white on white and for ~$75 I might try but with that colorway and price I'm not dipping on a new-to-me shoe co.

Converse fastbreak mid is a pretty solid shoe. You can find a few good deals floating around.

Do tell! I can't seem to find any of the suede versions for less than $90 (Daddies is have %20 off which helps but still not cheap enough :)

Vans needs to bring back the crocket Mid (I can't find any in my size) or make the sk8 mid pro AND 112 in wafflecup. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:38:38 PM by Xen »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they came in anything other than white on white and for ~$75 I might try but with that colorway and price I'm not dipping on a new-to-me shoe co.

Expand Quote
[close]

Do tell! I can't seem to find any of the suede versions for less than $90 (Daddies is have %20 off which helps but still not cheap enough :)

Vans needs to bring back the crocket Mid (I can't find any in my size) or make the sk8 mid pro AND 112 in wafflecup.

I'd recommend to get the regular fastbreaks (non-skate), they come with a thinner lunarlon insole, and can be found cheaper, depending on the website. Perfect mid top cupsole (like the reynolds, but a little thinner)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2018, 02:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd recommend to get the regular fastbreaks (non-skate), they come with a thinner lunarlon insole, and can be found cheaper, depending on the website. Perfect mid top cupsole (like the reynolds, but a little thinner)

The non 'pro' variants?

Also, do they follow the standard cons fit? 1/2 size down?

thnx
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:39:48 PM by Xen »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
Just ordered a pair of those questionable DCs I posted earlier.  Will report back.  Thanks for all the contributions to my dumb old guy thread.
I saw Tiago at a demo in France two weeks ago and he was skating those so I guess they must be good enough for him

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I saw Tiago at a demo in France two weeks ago and he was skating those so I guess they must be good enough for him

Dude could ride/skate in anything and still dominate.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2018, 09:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The non 'pro' variants?

Also, do they follow the standard cons fit? 1/2 size down?

thnx

I just got my normal size and while they have some wiggle room in the toe, I don't think I could wear a half size down like I do with CTAS. Got the same size I'd get in Nikes, Emericas, and Vans.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2018, 10:55:46 AM »
I currently got two pairs of those Jameson HT from Etnies, they are sick!