Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2017 Thread  (Read 128236 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Woodshop Directory 2017 Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2017, 08:09:30 PM »
Is creature really dwindle?? I was thinking my next deck might be a creature but I'm not down with dwindle wood. That's a real disappointment if true.
No it's Navs making decks in his garage ofcourse it's Dwindle ffs

Pigeon

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 02:36:48 AM »
Thanks Clamy. This has surely been discussed before but does Pennswood have a minimum order amount? Would they sell me a stack of blanks in that shape? Not trying to be the next Mike Kirk just can't find any other brands that use that shape. Thanks for any info
50 decks...I think all the wood shops ask for company name and tax ID. You could start your own company.

Expand Quote
Is creature really dwindle?? I was thinking my next deck might be a creature but I'm not down with dwindle wood. That's a real disappointment if true.
[close]
They're still under NHS.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
Any idea on Blvd?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2017, 11:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Easy there, tiger

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 12:27:30 PM »
Thanks again for the info clamy and pigeon.  Looks like I'm out of luck but it's not the end of the world.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Little Debbie

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
Sorry to bump thread but I'd like some woodshop info on the "mountain" graphic Northern Co did a season back.  The shape I had was an 8.5 popsicle with a 15 inch wheelbase, ti-dye woodstain and red top ply.  I'm pretty sure Pennswood pressed it but would like to see what y'all think.  I emailed the dude from Northern and he said they've switched woodshops and won't be doing that shape anymore.  But he didn't say which woodshop pressed it to begin with.  Anyone know if Pennswood does the same shape for any other brands?  An 8.5 with a 15" wheelbase on domestic wood is like a holy grail for me.

a Snack 8.5 is right up your alley then, I had an 8.6 shape and it was one of the best boards ever. lasted a long ass time.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 01:25:38 PM »
I emailed snack forever ago asking about their WB measurements and they never replied :(

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
Any idea on Blvd?
Based on basically nothing I want to say generator?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Any idea on Blvd?
[close]
Based on basically nothing I want to say generator?

I haven't had a blvd, but syndrome was using woodchuck.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »

a Snack 8.5 is right up your alley then, I had an 8.6 shape and it was one of the best boards ever. lasted a long ass time.
Will definitely check out Snack if I ever make it to a shop that stocks them. 
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Little Debbie

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »
I emailed snack forever ago asking about their WB measurements and they never replied :(

8.5 and 8.6 were both 14.5 when i contacted them last year

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »
Anyone know what kind of wood slave uses?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2017, 06:27:38 AM »
Anyone know what kind of wood slave uses?

Generator/bareback.....slave fucking rules!!!

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »

Nah NHS owns their own woodshop which they moved to china in the mid 2000's and it's been there ever since.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2017, 10:23:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah NHS owns their own woodshop which they moved to china in the mid 2000's and it's been there ever since.
Interesting, Pals that work in skate shops etc. who I know are authorities on this matter have said all NHS is DSM. How current is your info?/how do you know? Willing to change any listing if better or more complete info comes about

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »
question

if NHS is using DSM, are they using all DSM construction? So like are all NHS boards R7?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
It's funny w. Crail stuff....if they were DSM I'd actually feel better about them....

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2017, 04:12:23 PM »
It's funny w. Crail stuff....if they were DSM I'd actually feel better about them....

I probably would too. it's about picking the lesser of two evils here...and Dwindle is it

micky682

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2017, 06:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I probably would too. it's about picking the lesser of two evils here...and Dwindle is it
Crailtap boards have too much of a durability issue, they kinda feel like PS stix (Light and poppy) but for a week at most.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2017, 10:07:55 AM »
Someone got insights on where 5boro decks are pressed? Currently skating the vhs2 series and besides the unusual long tail this board is still crispy after almost 20 sessions and holds up really well.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »
Someone got insights on where 5boro decks are pressed? Currently skating the vhs2 series and besides the unusual long tail this board is still crispy after almost 20 sessions and holds up really well.
DSM

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2017, 10:24:49 AM »
In this ever changing landscape of wood shops and skate brands, I believe this is the most up to date list at the moment. You still left out Zero on DSM, are we still considering them a brand?

Chuck Gender

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2017, 11:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
DSM

Thanks pso!

jums

• Rep: -50
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2017, 01:25:06 PM »
How do you check to see if a board is dead before buying? Is it the tone of the wood after knocking on it or what?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »
In this ever changing landscape of wood shops and skate brands, I believe this is the most up to date list at the moment. You still left out Zero on DSM, are we still considering them a brand?
I was wondering about them actually and didn't know who they were made by, Jamie said in an interview he is having the new boards made by someone else since they left dwindle distribution? was it BBS? I cant remember, but do remember him saying they wont be dwindle

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2017, 03:25:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
DSM
[close]

Thanks pso!

If I remember correctly some of those VHS series boards were pressed by south central though. Maybe the one you have is SC pressed? Who's board was it? I know the Trahan one was SC. This workshop/brand thing is the most confusing shit ever.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

neil.

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »
anyone know where ripndip decks are made? they're usa made.

asakusa75

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2017, 05:07:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Crailtap boards have too much of a durability issue, they kinda feel like PS stix (Light and poppy) but for a week at most.

For me, the Crail boards are like a lottery. Last two I have had, including the one I am riding, were really crisp.
The one prior to that though was shit the moment I stood on it and nothing worked at all.  So if you are into not knowing at all if  a board is going to work, and consider yourself a bit of a gambler, Crail are the boards for you.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »
When all you know is 'China' then you can't expect much....I think that's often the problem is quality control and consistency is bad..... DSM though I don't believe that to be totally true....

If I have an option I'd buy PS, BBS, or USA...but I don't think the DSM stuff is that bad....truth..id never buy a cliche board namely cause of the graphics....

Zero I think is going made in USA....not sure where....

Hey any one know anything about Trump and putting duties on imported wood?  Is it going to change the game or nah.....

Chuck Gender

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
DSM
[close]

Thanks pso!
[close]

If I remember correctly some of those VHS series boards were pressed by south central though. Maybe the one you have is SC pressed? Who's board was it? I know the Trahan one was SC. This workshop/brand thing is the most confusing shit ever.
Interesting. I got the silvester eduardo board