Author Topic: new york new york  (Read 8502 times)

reptar_bar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
new york new york
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »
Whats some good places to drink/chill/eat in NYC thats not for kooks? Also affordable is cool

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: new york new york
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:02:35 AM »
If you're near labor there is a bar next door called forget me not, if you're in soho there is a Thai place on elizabeth st called lovely day and if your near Tompkins there is a bar called saint dyphnas on saint marks.

reptar_bar

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:45:24 AM »
If you're near labor there is a bar next door called forget me not, if you're in soho there is a Thai place on elizabeth st called lovely day and if your near Tompkins there is a bar called saint dyphnas on saint marks.

sick thank you

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
I better follow this thread. Im heading to NY next month for about a week, never been, pretty down for it. Staying with a friend in Hells kitchen or some shit

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »
If I wanted to skate a park around midtown at like 730-8 am on a random Saturday which park is least likely to have any crowds? I'm gunna be staying near park and 28th.

TriBeca looks the most fun, Chelsea would be closest, Les is well Les

I don't know of any other parks nearby
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »
If I wanted to skate a park around midtown at like 730-8 am on a random Saturday which park is least likely to have any crowds? I'm gunna be staying near park and 28th.

based on when I lived there (5 years ago)... both Tribeca and Chelsea were pretty much empty at those times on the weekend.  The bowl-dudes usually got to Chelsea around 8-8:30.  the kiddies at Tribeca usually didn't start showing up until 9:30-10am.  The only issue whether the Parks Dept will get off their butts to open either park before 8am.  you could probably hit Chelsea from 8am-9am and then skate down to Tribeca and still get some time before the crowd arrives. 

in the last couple of years when I've visited, LES has been relatively dead until 9-9:30 when the packs of kids start showing up.   IMO, LES is the most fun of the parks to skate when it's completely empty... although, I haven't skated the new Fat Kid park yet.

hardly art, hardly starving

reptar_bar

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »
this weeks looking kinda rainy. any suggestions for spots that stay dry? also which indoor parks would recommend

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
this weeks looking kinda rainy. any suggestions for spots that stay dry? also which indoor parks would recommend

Dude same boat. Ill be in town thurs night- Sunday for a wedding and was hoping to get in some time friday morning but it looks like a bust. Wicked bummed happened last time I was in NYC with time to kill.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 08:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

based on when I lived there (5 years ago)... both Tribeca and Chelsea were pretty much empty at those times on the weekend.  The bowl-dudes usually got to Chelsea around 8-8:30.  the kiddies at Tribeca usually didn't start showing up until 9:30-10am.  The only issue whether the Parks Dept will get off their butts to open either park before 8am.  you could probably hit Chelsea from 8am-9am and then skate down to Tribeca and still get some time before the crowd arrives. 

in the last couple of years when I've visited, LES has been relatively dead until 9-9:30 when the packs of kids start showing up.   IMO, LES is the most fun of the parks to skate when it's completely empty... although, I haven't skated the new Fat Kid park yet.

It's fun but some of the obstacles are hard to skate. the brick bank to ledge is fucking pointless which is disappointing. it's a fun little park that usually isn't too crowded, however there tends to be bird shit everywhere
For Your Health

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »
Whats some good places to drink/chill/eat in NYC thats not for kooks? Also affordable is cool
Matchless in greenpoint. BOGO drinks on tuesday nights. Or go sit on the couch at mccarren park and brown bag it for real cheap, just keep an eye out for the bad guys.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »
Headed to NY in the fall and looking into booking some accommodations. Any slap pals have a hook up for a good hostel/ airBnB / couch? Also wondering what part of the city is best to stay in to skate lots? Brooklyn? Manhattan? I have never been and have no clue what I'm doing.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 05:51:41 PM »
Headed to NY in the fall and looking into booking some accommodations. Any slap pals have a hook up for a good hostel/ airBnB / couch? Also wondering what part of the city is best to stay in to skate lots? Brooklyn? Manhattan? I have never been and have no clue what I'm doing.

might as well stay in brooklyn and get a metrocard for $32 a week. air Bnb's aren't too expensive in Brooklyn

message me when it's getting closer to your trip and I'll tell the wife if you need to crash on the couch a night or two
For Your Health

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 10:11:47 AM »
Just live off of Arizona, dollar slices and five Poland Spring bottles filled with plastic bottle liquor. I mean you want the real NY experience, right? Also, Newports.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »
scroll through the travel section for NYC threads -- I've posted quite a few comprehensive lists of cracking spots bars eats scenery etc.