Author Topic: VILLAGER the Boss  (Read 2903 times)

stan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -93
VILLAGER the Boss
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:25:11 PM »
vimeo.com/210660067

Bonus Atiba Jefferson

vimeo.com/208373420
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:30:34 PM by stan »

GinosGroceries

Re: VILLAGER the Boss
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »
"When something's good you don't have to sell it."
That will stick with me for a long time.

He seriously is the greatest.

asakusa75

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
He is such a fucking legend.
The call about the older skaters not having shitty sponsors is so true, even though personally, I reckon Reemo would have hustled Monster out of millions and not even put a sticker on his board.
Lets have a little Reemo appreciation.

Kareem Campbell 20 Shot Sequence

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »
Randomly met him today at a Ralphs by my job in Torrance. They posted they had a villager signing and was a mile away so i went. Got there as they were wrapping up and one of the employees said if i bought case of villager he would give me the last board they had that was autographed. The little skate rat in me took up on the offer and was able to meet and greet Reynolds, Kenny and Mariano as they were about to head out to cherry park. Mentioned to him that Slap loves the B16 shape and suggested a Slap X Baker collab for the pals. He seemed intrigued but i doubt it'll happen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:22:29 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:28:02 PM »
I just want to skate with the boss and drink organic coconut water all day

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 11:33:44 PM »
Didn't expect to watch the whole thing. Clicked play and immediately became hypnotized. That was really good
ableSkateMag.com

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:13 AM »
I was expecting a cheesy Berrics-style thing, but it was actually pretty good. I like that his daughter is already shrugging off advice from Riley's Dad. 

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
Randomly met him today at a Ralphs by my job in Torrance. They posted they had a villager signing and was a mile away so i went. Got there as they were wrapping up and one of the employees said if i bought case of villager he would give me the last board they had that was autographed. The little skate rat in me took up on the offer and was able to meet and greet Reynolds, Kenny and Mariano as they were about to head out to cherry park. Mentioned to him that Slap loves the B16 shape and suggested a Slap X Baker collab for the pals. He seemed intrigued but i doubt it'll happen.

A lot of past or current pros/industry people that I talk to all seemed pretty bummed on us here.  There's a few people I talk to at Stoner and just bringing up the forum you can see them grimace haha
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
I like the idea of coconut water over energy drinks and soda, but where are these things sourced and processed? All I got from then was "a family farm in the Philippines," which could mean 1000 things. Certified organic farms? By who? Fair trade? Need details, not hype.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:04:18 PM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
reynolds a good guy for not supporting energy drinks and supporthing something healthy/ he backs

I was expecting a cheesy Berrics-style thing, but it was actually pretty good. I like that his daughter is already shrugging off advice from Riley's Dad. 

closing eyes and ears for the nonchalant two-tree-tatoo-pose zoom out to fade away bro accompanied by some nondescript emo-buildup elevator music.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
"When something's good you don't have to sell it."
That will stick with me for a long time.

He seriously is the greatest.

No doubt about it.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
If I were a SLAP sponsor conspiracy theorist, I'd be wary of him referring to his main sponsors as "Baker, Independent, and my shoes"

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
If I were a SLAP sponsor conspiracy theorist, I'd be wary of him referring to his main sponsors as "Baker, Independent, and my shoes"

oooooooh snap, I heard it too. I tried to pretend that I didn't hear it, buuuuuuuut....I heard it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:41:39 PM »

Saving it for guy.....

Ghost Face

• Rep: 104
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »

Well spotted. Boss to Nike confirmed!  :D
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 05:27:52 AM »
^I tried to pretend like I didn't hear that. More fuel to the fire?
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=91098.0

Joe Pesci

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 07:06:31 AM »
"If something is good you don't need to sell it" this may be true... but we're watching a video of you talking about the company. I've been seeing things about Villager for a while on instagram now, and for a while I just saw it as another version of Saint Archer that they're trying to branch further by not limiting it to people over 21. I see all these non skate companies as something pros are trying to get into because they're realizing you cannot live forever off skating, and a lot of pros can't live off of it at all in the first place.

That being said, I'm not against them trying to branch out of skating and I actually do want to try the chocolate or pineapple flavors of the coconut water, but they are sold out on the website.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
Well, we can cross off a substantial amount of Explosions in the Sky songs that he won't be skating to in his next part...

bo golden

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
"If something is good you don't need to sell it" this may be true... but we're watching a video of you talking about the company. I've been seeing things about Villager for a while on instagram now, and for a while I just saw it as another version of Saint Archer that they're trying to branch further by not limiting it to people over 21. I see all these non skate companies as something pros are trying to get into because they're realizing you cannot live forever off skating, and a lot of pros can't live off of it at all in the first place.

That being said, I'm not against them trying to branch out of skating and I actually do want to try the chocolate or pineapple flavors of the coconut water, but they are sold out on the website.

Supreme business model.  heard you can get a bottle of pineapple off ebay for $200

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »

I still had to read the comments below the vid to figure out what the fuck Villager was. Guess its not made it to the UK yet

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »
Straight up legend, good to see him supporting something he believes in and not just riding for a energy drink for the paycheque. Big props.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

GinosGroceries

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
All Day I Dream About Coconut Water

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 04:46:35 PM »
He tattoo'd the 2 trees next to a skateboard ?