Author Topic: Lovesick Skateboards (new company with Strubing & Adrid!)  (Read 8431 times)

headtowall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Lovesick Skateboards (new company with Strubing & Adrid!)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »
Thank god theres another board brand

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »
This makes me sick!

The letter they use for o, is a letter used in Danish and Norwegian aplhabet called ?. The swedes has got a similar letter, ?, also used in German and I guess other European languages also.
? resembles the sounds when you go uuuhm in a dull n dorky kinda way. It's a really nice letter. You use it to spell ?l, which means beer. But what's not lucky about L?vesick, besides the use of ? being awfully misplaced and ugly looking is, that l?ve means lion.. Guess that's only anoying for scandinavians, but what do I know?!
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

Molte

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »
Just saw the teaser. Oh my God I fucking hate this brand !!

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »
Looks like Strubing is doing better than Clint.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 11:52:47 AM »
This makes me sick!

The letter they use for o, is a letter used in Danish and Norwegian aplhabet called ?. The swedes has got a similar letter, ?, also used in German and I guess other European languages also.
? resembles the sounds when you go uuuhm in a dull n dorky kinda way. It's a really nice letter. You use it to spell ?l, which means beer. But what's not lucky about L?vesick, besides the use of ? being awfully misplaced and ugly looking is, that l?ve means lion.. Guess that's only anoying for scandinavians, but what do I know?!

Nobody who isn't Scandinavian gives a shit about Scandinavians+

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mad i didnt get to see them boobs
[close]
[close]

It's a teaser. I better see bitties on the full video.

Also, surprised Adrid left Heroin. Has anyone left Fos before?

Casper Brooker for Isle

zeep zander

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:57 PM »
really surprised adrian left heroin for this but cotie robinson and john clemmons are on as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9W1xpUnZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMjGC4Hurs

hyped on these guys

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »
I cant hate the new Graphic Trend & style....I mean, It Happened in the 80's with Skulls, SNakes & swords, And then in the super early 90's, It happened with minimal Graphics. Everyone & they're moms, Were doing a tiny graphic in the corner

It'll sway into a cool direction soon........I hope! I mean, The Movie Idiocracy is becoming a Reality :-X
Do You even Street Style ???

Molte

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:46 PM »
Expand Quote
This makes me sick!

[close]

I think you're talking about Canadians.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »
Expand Quote
This makes me sick!

[close]

I know this is like your thing to be dismissive and middle aged angsty but in this case you are so fucking wrong

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 12:44:28 AM »
me/upload/oqaqwkrn0psxjuhvzvdm[/img]
Expand Quote
This makes me sick!

[close]

Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Pigeon

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 01:27:05 AM »
I cant hate the new Graphic Trend & style....I mean, It Happened in the 80's with Skulls, SNakes & swords, And then in the super early 90's, It happened with minimal Graphics. Everyone & they're moms, Were doing a tiny graphic in the corner

It'll sway into a cool direction soon........I hope! I mean, The Movie Idiocracy is becoming a Reality :-X
It's what smaller companies have to do until they can pay artists for graphics.  Taking a picture, photoshopping it, and sending the graphic to Generator doesn't take long or as much money.

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 03:00:10 AM »
SO what are the Top 5 Companies excuses ???

Expand Quote

[close]
It's what smaller companies have to do until they can pay artists for graphics.  Taking a picture, photoshopping it, and sending the graphic to Generator doesn't take long or as much money.
Do You even Street Style ???

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This makes me sick!

[close]

[close]

Finland is not Scandinavia.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This makes me sick!

[close]

[close]

[close]
Finland is not Scandinavia.

Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 04:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I will back anything that Strubing does, but if this isn't a textbook example of "what's trendy in 2017" I don't know what is

https://lovesickskateboards.com/collections/spring-2018/products/lovesick-liberty-board

All I can think of is the way Sieben makes fun of this shit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSEes3zgyYu/
[close]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[close]

The Liberty? board was made specifically as an ACLU fundraiser so the image makes sense. I get what you're saying in that there is a big image in the center with color blocks at the nose and tail, but not sure it's fair to judge the whole company based on one board designed for a specific purpose.

I'm not sure we really need another board company but Strubing is awesome so if it means more footage from him, I'm game. I know he has been getting Lakai shoes too - how awesome would it be if this sparks a Strubing resurgence and he has a surprise part in the new Lakai video?

Not sure how much "design" work they actually did here.

^ that mixtape cover is from 2011 and I bet it's stolen too. That board graphic is lame, trendy, and lazy-as-fuck.

This is bad and they should feel bad.

assholo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2017, 02:31:37 AM »
I'll buy anything with a Hank Williams graphic.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
I'll buy anything with a Hank Williams graphic.

I didn't know you posted here nick!

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This makes me sick!

[close]

[close]

[close]
Finland is not Scandinavia a real country.

Fixed that for you

https://www.reddit.com/r/finlandConspiracy/comments/2y0oog/the_finland_conspiracy_and_all_you_need_to_know/

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »
they blocked me for asking if it was a huge loss seeing as how they claim ALL proceeds go to ucla
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I will back anything that Strubing does, but if this isn't a textbook example of "what's trendy in 2017" I don't know what is

https://lovesickskateboards.com/collections/spring-2018/products/lovesick-liberty-board

All I can think of is the way Sieben makes fun of this shit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSEes3zgyYu/
[close]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[close]

The Liberty? board was made specifically as an ACLU fundraiser so the image makes sense. I get what you're saying in that there is a big image in the center with color blocks at the nose and tail, but not sure it's fair to judge the whole company based on one board designed for a specific purpose.

I'm not sure we really need another board company but Strubing is awesome so if it means more footage from him, I'm game. I know he has been getting Lakai shoes too - how awesome would it be if this sparks a Strubing resurgence and he has a surprise part in the new Lakai video?
[close]

Not sure how much "design" work they actually did here.

^ that mixtape cover is from 2011 and I bet it's stolen too. That board graphic is lame, trendy, and lazy-as-fuck.

This is bad and they should feel bad.

wow... thanks for the reminder to throw this back in rotation.  such a good tape.