Author Topic: Kirby x ETN  (Read 6586 times)

Putaslocas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
Kirby x ETN
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »
Theres something about Taylor Kirby doing such a gnarly trick, on a deadly spot on a fucking skateboard channel, that just doesnt sit well with me. You would think a trick like that at that spot would become a rumor and everyone would be sweating with anticipation to see it in the next upcoming and anticipated video featuring that skater and that trick. This truly feels like skateboarding is losing its magic. Along with the jaws UCI davis gap and the nyjah and chase webb rail special. Whats the point? Tell people youre gonna do a trick, do the trick live and everyone forgets? I could almost care less that Kirby did that hubba. Publicized and promoted a single trick that thousands of people can see at once and forget about it real quick. Maybe im just over thinking, as usual.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kirby x ETN
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »
was expecting something about Forrest, he's amazing in person, or was 20 years ago

coreaf

• Rep: 22
  • sick
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:44 PM »
If ETN wants my 22 cents per day they need to get Kirby to do a line or Boo Johnson to do something switch.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
I don't want to pay for it but I think it's actually kind of a cool idea. Having it live kind of gives it the real life excitement of watching someone try something where you don't know if it's actually going to go down or not.

HFS40000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
They kinda blow it by hyping it up so much.  I'd rather have a trick like that surprise me at the end of a part, rather than showing the attempts and then charging you for the make.  I know what a smith grind looks like, I know what the Staples ledge looks like, so teasing it like they do just spoils the excitement of it. 

Putaslocas

• EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:20:14 PM »
They kinda blow it by hyping it up so much.  I'd rather have a trick like that surprise me at the end of a part, rather than showing the attempts and then charging you for the make.  I know what a smith grind looks like, I know what the Staples ledge looks like, so teasing it like they do just spoils the excitement of it. 

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
where was etn when shecks claimed that backside flip, erik bragg, more like erik lagg

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 10:20:32 PM »
Theres something about Taylor Kirby doing such a gnarly trick, on a deadly spot on a fucking skateboard channel, that just doesnt sit well with me. You would think a trick like that at that spot would become a rumor and everyone would be sweating with anticipation to see it in the next upcoming and anticipated video featuring that skater and that trick. This truly feels like skateboarding is losing its magic. Along with the jaws UCI davis gap and the nyjah and chase webb rail special. Whats the point? Tell people youre gonna do a trick, do the trick live and everyone forgets? I could almost care less that Kirby did that hubba. Publicized and promoted a single trick that thousands of people can see at once and forget about it real quick. Maybe im just over thinking, as usual.

To make money.  That's the point.

Also, totally down for the FORE love.  The man is just crazy photogenic.

Forrest Kirby : Welcome to MIA

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 10:21:59 PM »
Expand Quote
They kinda blow it by hyping it up so much.� I'd rather have a trick like that surprise me at the end of a part, rather than showing the attempts and then charging you for the make.� I know what a smith grind looks like, I know what the Staples ledge looks like, so teasing it like they do just spoils the excitement of it.�
[close]

Not that I disagree, but I remember "too much hyping it up" claims during Kotr tv show as if advertising is something new or rare.  Unfortunately, the more you're plugged in, the more hype/ads you see, but the hope is the casual fan might catch on of those ads/posts/whatever

Also, what trick did he do???

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 10:28:01 PM »
Also, the wallride tricks in this are fucked.  I like the wallride to (kinda?) grind he does on the little lip from that cement and brick pillar.

Forrest Kirby - Zoo York State of Mind

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 11:39:34 PM »
he tried to smith staples?

Pigeon

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 12:34:42 AM »
UCI davis gap
UC Irvine and UC Davis are different campuses in different cities...

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 12:36:49 AM »
etn. shits wack as fuck

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 03:18:04 AM »
Expand Quote
UCI davis gap
[close]

or a big fucking gap

Putaslocas

• EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 06:10:49 AM »
Expand Quote
UCI davis gap
[close]

Sorry, from chicago. Dunno my shit.

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
erik bragg, more like erik lagg
[close]

Also how much you think Kirby get's paid for attempting this? More money for a make I'd assume?

I'd say around $5,000-$10,000 dollars.  Which is probably way more money than you would get having it as your ender in a deathwish/baker vid.

Granted yea, videos used to be way sicker when enders were a surprise, but props to Kriby for getting paid for something he could get seriously fucked up on.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
I would seriously doubt it's that much money. I was thinking 2 maybe 3 thousand.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 09:35:38 AM »
I remember someone saying 2000 for an attempt, 5000 for a make. Who knows.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 09:41:20 AM »

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 10:24:44 AM »
I wonder how stuff like this will affect sponsorships in the future, even instagram. At what point does a company get aggrivated that something that should go in direct company promotion for the company goes directly to web with no option for the sponsor to use it. I think about it all the time when i see dudes i film throwing cool stuff on insta, like fuck we could filmed that properly and put it o n a video. I know someone will say well theyre reppin their sponsors out there, which they are but these days it seems like all you really notice is the shoe sponsor.

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
I wonder how stuff like this will affect sponsorships in the future, even instagram. At what point does a company get aggrivated that something that should go in direct company promotion for the company goes directly to web with no option for the sponsor to use it. I think about it all the time when i see dudes i film throwing cool stuff on insta, like fuck we could filmed that properly and put it o n a video. I know someone will say well theyre reppin their sponsors out there, which they are but these days it seems like all you really notice is the shoe sponsor.

Or sponsors will start partnering with ETN similar to how the Berrics is plastered with logos/advertising.  Maybe I am completely off base, but it's a thought.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »
ETN's content is pretty legit, i'm def not their target demo, but i do subscribe. makes commuting way more entertaining.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »
I think the idea is pretty cool

dudes trippin over it.. it's 1 trick
Sure it'll get forgotten in a month, but doesn't the ender in the video get the same treatment?

skateboarding isn't gonna stop the world from spinning just to get a nice freeze frame in a print mag

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »

I think that's where the excitement comes; knowing it's going to go down a certain day and anticipating it and not knowing wether he's even going to make it or maybe he'll just eat shit

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
erik bragg, more like erik lagg
[close]
[close]

Also how much you think Kirby get's paid for attempting this? More money for a make I'd assume?

I'd say around $5,000-$10,000 dollars.  Which is probably way more money than you would get having it as your ender in a deathwish/baker vid.

Granted yea, videos used to be way sicker when enders were a surprise, but props to Kriby for getting paid for something he could get seriously fucked up on.

That amount seems ludicrous and I can't imagine it's even close to accurate. $5,000-$10,000 just to even try the trick?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »
Also, the wallride tricks in this are fucked.?  I like the wallride to (kinda?) grind he does on the little lip from that cement and brick pillar.

that is a sick clip! the first angle definitely seems like it grinded

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Also, the wallride tricks in this are fucked.?  I like the wallride to (kinda?) grind he does on the little lip from that cement and brick pillar.

[close]

that is a sick clip! the first angle definitely seems like it grinded

The clip right after is awesome too, I was pretty blown away by the cover at the time. One of the reasons I loved doing pivot fakies and why it's one of the few tranny tricks i can do kinda good.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 08:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
UCI davis gap
[close]
[close]

Sorry, from chicago. Dunno my shit.
UIC Gap

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »
Doesn't F.O.R.E like Surfer Dick ??
Do You even Street Style ???