Author Topic: Old man seeks new skate friends  (Read 2640 times)

BlueBlurSpeedsBy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Old man seeks new skate friends
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
Anyone live and skate in the Scarborough/Toronto area?  I'm 27 years old, been skating since my teens, but it seems that once you reach this age, all your skate friends either move away or stop skating.  I can count on one hand the people that still skate.  Summers around the corner and I would like to skate more than just flat all summer by myself.    :'(

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Old man seeks new skate friends
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »
Hit up the Travel Guide forum, you're more likely to get responses there. I'm pretty sure we have a good number of Canucks on here

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:25:06 PM »
Real talk though, making skate friends is awkward as hell once you're in your twenties
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
I think it's just a different program....

Now that I'm older I have a list of dudes to hit up but yah...they are busy...that's the way it goes....so you fire off ten texts...get stoked if one pulls through....that's the deal...you just have to be prepared for it....

Alternatively if there's a park that has a few people....you just have to be more extroverted...talk to kids...if you can get it to where you can show up and are cool with most people...you don't need skate buddies....

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
I got 10 years on you so you don't seem old to me at all. I would love to be 27 again. I skate alone a lot because I only have one or two skate friends and I'm not a very big fan of parks. It's not so bad if you're used to it but a lot of people don't like skating solo. There's a different feeling to it. You have to pump yourself up and get into a zone. If you can do that it's not that different from skating with a crew. You might end up talking to yourself a lot though while skating.

N.L.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 11:07:36 AM »
I know a lot of people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who I could call to skate but its not that simple. Every person is very particular about what they will skate and how they skate. Big tranny, small tranny.... I can't find many people my age who want to hit the streets that's for sure. For some skateboarding is just a one hour pre-game before a day of drinking... not my scene...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »
im somewhat trying to skate a bit more street but often I'd rather skate a park because instead of doing 4 ledge tricks I can skate a quarter, flat bar etc....plus for some reason skating a park with randoms gets me more stoked than a spot by myself....  I still hit parking garages and stuff though to and fuck around doing powerslides and messing around on flat....

The good news and the bad news is no joke....23...33...43....I'm more or less the same....

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 01:55:47 PM »
Real talk though, making skate friends is awkward as hell once you're in your twenties

My Director's Cut version of your post. Getting more than two adults to do anything together is a daunting task. Especially if it's a physical activity and not just drinking and eating deliciously unhealthy food.

I got 10 years on you so you don't seem old to me at all. I would love to be 27 again. I skate alone a lot because I only have one or two skate friends and I'm not a very big fan of parks. It's not so bad if you're used to it but a lot of people don't like skating solo. There's a different feeling to it. You have to pump yourself up and get into a zone. If you can do that it's not that different from skating with a crew. You might end up talking to yourself a lot though while skating.

Guilty as charged. I always end up doing that.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »

My Director's Cut version of your post. Getting more than two adults to do anything together is a daunting task. Especially if it's a physical activity and not just drinking and eating deliciously unhealthy food.

Hahaha yo fair enough

I've gotten used to skating alone, I'm pretty comfortable with it at this point, even when I'm hitting the two street spots in my city. I would second that if you go to the park often enough and you just strike up conversation about a trick or something you can start to build a rapport
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »

When i was a teenager i didnt mind skating alone whenever my friends were busy but these days in my 20's i cant motivate myself to skate alone....maybe if there was spots or a park like right outside my door i would be more motivated to go skate alone for an hour or so at most but i cant light that fire to get going when im alone.....in saying that luckily for me most the time i have at least 1 friend whos always down.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up