Author Topic: Call Of Duty: World War 2  (Read 26587 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Call Of Duty: World War 2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:45:59 PM »
This is going to make me seem like a massive nerd but it bothered me a bit too much so whatever.

The fire rate of the cannons on the planes around 0:54 in the trailer are way too fast. In real life they only had 6 rounds per cannon as well.
Here's how they actually worked:
WW2 Rudel STUKA JU87 (D-3) G-1 BEST RARE GUNCAM FOOTAGE

Other than that, I'm definitely not going to preorder it, but I'm a fan of WW2 stuff in general so if people say it's good after it comes out I might pick it up.

jomeara1

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »
I'm glad COD is going back to its roots and not focusing on that flying around futuristic bullshit this time.  I think the only reason why a lot of people purchased Infinite Warfare was because it came with COD4 remastered.  This game looks pretty sharp and I always loved the WWII era.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 04:12:37 PM »
hope returing theme-wise also means its anyhing like the original/United Offensive but probably not. its the only one i still sometimes play, S&D/BAS/HQ, custom maps and modding, no perks and that kinda bs... a bygone era :'(

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:49:50 AM »
Bolt action rifles w/out scope gameplay is the best shit going
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
So hyped for this. Looks like I'll finally have to get a PS4

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 08:14:04 AM »
Anybody playing the beta? My friend hooked me up with a code and I must say it's definitely back to its roots. The new game mode War seems really promising. I'll probably be buying this and 2k and ill be happy for a year till the new versions of the same game comes out again

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 12:41:30 PM »
anyone got an extra xbox 1 beta code?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
I played the beta last weekend for 20 minutes and uninstalled it. I'm too in to Battlefield to justify another shooter.
you never know about pre-cum 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 06:02:25 AM »
I played the beta last weekend for 20 minutes and uninstalled it. I'm too in to Battlefield to justify another shooter.

I forget but are you on Ps4 or Xbox one? Ill be down to get into some games of battlefield with you but I'm on the xbox one

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I forget but are you on Ps4 or Xbox one? Ill be down to get into some games of battlefield with you but I'm on the xbox one

PS4...
you never know about pre-cum 

yungapplejuice

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 09:42:33 PM »
lots of good memories around the og cod ww2 games , will def get this 1

playing sw battlefront beta atm and digging it

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 10:53:11 PM »
Bought the game and did the download. Can't wait for it to drop!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
Super hyped for this. Me and a few others in my dorm are probably gonna pool our dough and buy it. This and NHL 18 are going to be the only games I'll play for the balance of the year

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »
I got home from class like an hour ago and been playing it since then. Nothing groundbreaking that makes the game better than the last call of duty. Its just back to its roots which just makes it better than all the unnecessary shit that added in the last games

I like it

jomeara1

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:51:39 AM »
It's good.  I think the campaign is a little underwhelming so far (the same cliche "brotherhood" war story), but everything else is pretty solid.  Like Tobey said, they went back to their roots, which is exactly what I wanted.  No more flying around running on the walls futuristic shit. 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 10:01:14 AM »
It's good.  I think the campaign is a little underwhelming so far (the same cliche "brotherhood" war story), but everything else is pretty solid.  Like Tobey said, they went back to their roots, which is exactly what I wanted.  No more flying around running on the walls futuristic shit. 

Me and my friend were talking about this. Like they didn't do anything to improve the game, they actually took a step back and its been the best call of duty in years. Too bad the servers are like a hit or miss

jomeara1

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Me and my friend were talking about this. Like they didn't do anything to improve the game, they actually took a step back and its been the best call of duty in years. Too bad the servers are like a hit or miss

To me MW2 is the best COD ever made (god I miss that game), but I definitely think WWII is the best one they have made since then.  Taking a step back was definitely a good move.  They need to stick with what people love about these games. 

And yeah it took me soo long to find a match in TDM yesterday. 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

To me MW2 is the best COD ever made (god I miss that game), but I definitely think WWII is the best one they have made since then.  Taking a step back was definitely a good move.  They need to stick with what people love about these games. 

During the whole Call of Duty modern warfare series is when they peaked. Then Black ops 2 wasn't horrible but you could see that they were kind of reaching or experimenting with futuristic warfare and it all went down hill from there. The absolute worst Call of Duty was Ghosts. Probably because they were pressured and didn't have much time to make a proper call of duty for the next gen consoles (Ps4, xbox one) at the time. I never played Infinity warfare though, probably the only Call of Duty I didn't buy or at least try out.

Vigo the Carpathian

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 07:43:17 PM »
Is this worth getting on PS4? I haven't played COD since MW2, but I play a lot of Battlefield 1 on rush. Is there something similar here?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:22 AM »
Is this worth getting on PS4? I haven't played COD since MW2, but I play a lot of Battlefield 1 on rush. Is there something similar here?

Battlefield and Call of Duty have different playing styles. For Battlefield the maps are huge, games take way longer, you have vehicles, and its more of needing patience to play that game. Call of Duty is fast paced, maps are way smaller, games take at most 10 minutes, sometimes extremely frustrating because you can spawn trap people in Call of Duty, and no vehicles. 

I'm a fan of both and have both games. But if I just want to play a quick match online before I head out I'm going to pick Call of Duty. If you are in no rush to get the new Call of Duty and are still having fun with Battlefield, I would suggest to you is wait till the price drops down on Call of Duty at GameStop (or wherever you buy games)

jomeara1

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 07:09:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

During the whole Call of Duty modern warfare series is when they peaked. Then Black ops 2 wasn't horrible but you could see that they were kind of reaching or experimenting with futuristic warfare and it all went down hill from there. The absolute worst Call of Duty was Ghosts. Probably because they were pressured and didn't have much time to make a proper call of duty for the next gen consoles (Ps4, xbox one) at the time. I never played Infinity warfare though, probably the only Call of Duty I didn't buy or at least try out.

Yeah after MW3 came out I stopped buying them for a while until Black Ops 3 came out (which I hated).  Was never a fan of the Black Ops Series.  I liked the party games they had on BO1 though, like sticks and stones and gun game.  I heard Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare were trash so I skipped those.  I started to lose faith in the whole franchise until WWII came out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:13:51 AM by Johnny »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 01:10:15 AM »
Damn, it takes forever to spawn into the round.

There are some late spawns in the rounds in hardcore S&D where it starts off 4-4, then 30 seconds to 45 seconds later when the rest of the team spawns in they have 6 now while the team I am on has been killed and it's now 2 against 6 players.

Overall, it's a fun game. Wish they had more stock maps, more will come with the season pass but not sure if I want to drop another $49.99.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
Probably the fastest call of duty I got bored of.

Almost prestige 2 and I stopped playing around Christmas. Play the same maps constantly, supply drops aren't worth it, still had huge lag issues, and just really no creativity to the game.

I think I'm going to go back to battlefield, rather spend money on the DLC there than call of duty 

jomeara1

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
Probably the fastest call of duty I got bored of.

Almost prestige 2 and I stopped playing around Christmas. Play the same maps constantly, supply drops aren't worth it, still had huge lag issues, and just really no creativity to the game.

I think I'm going to go back to battlefield, rather spend money on the DLC there than call of duty

Agree, at the end of the day its just another Call of Duty.  I do like that it went back to the basics though, but I feel like the only good gun in the game is the STG.  The next COD should just be called "Call of Duty: Same old shit."   I did recently download Modern Warfare Remastered and I've been playing that a lot lately, just feels like old times back when COD was awesome.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »
Are they going to bring back prop hunt? That was the only reason why I played it again and will probably never play it till it comes back

Why the fuck would you get rid of that?