Author Topic: Tracker Trucks  (Read 7730 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Tracker Trucks
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2020, 06:19:53 PM »
Is Tracker as a company dead? Their previous Instagram post was 18 weeks ago, and the one before that was 43 weeks ago. They're also out of stock on a lot of their product on their Select Skate shop page.

I want to try Tracker out when I get the chance, but in my eyes there's no point if they're no longer in production.

fairydinkum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2020, 07:44:23 PM »
Is Tracker as a company dead? Their previous Instagram post was 18 weeks ago, and the one before that was 43 weeks ago. They're also out of stock on a lot of their product on their Select Skate shop page.

I want to try Tracker out when I get the chance, but in my eyes there's no point if they're no longer in production.

There is a skateshop here in Australia that has a healthy stock of them. From the Dart series to the slalom ones. I just bought a pair of 184s, will post back to give feedback here about em.

https://50-50.com.au/collections/tracker

Diocletian

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
In the midst of the madness a year or so ago, I ordered their Axis 161’s and ended up sending them back. No kingpin clearance, and the baseplate has a square cutout in the middle like thunders but had a very weak and brittle feel in my hands compared to a thunder baseplate. With the hanger being super heavy I could just see myself breaking the baseplate quickly doing slappies. Their hangers and baseplates may be poured in the USA but overall I just wasn’t impressed with the quality and they’re pretty butt ugly trucks.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »
I haven't tried them, but they seem intriguing given that they have a rich history and were Indy's main competition back in the day. According to "skateboardingismylifetimesport", they're a good turny/stable truck, but have a "old school" quality build to them. I don't know how they're "street" trucks are, but I kinda like how the darts look with their elbow pivot, and cut out in the baseplate.

http://skateboardingismylifetimesport.blogspot.com/2012/03/tracker-dart-149.html

http://skateboardingismylifetimesport.blogspot.com/2012/06/149-truck-comparison-test-final-results_04.html
"Tracker Dart 149 - The Dart 149s are strange trucks. With their elbow-pivot arm, the design is very different than other trucks out there. The Darts are the very definition of surfy trucks, but are also extremely stable even when you run them so loose they rattle. The quality is old-school: the axles are off-center, the casting is sloppy, the bushings look and feel like those bushings from early-80's roller skates, and the kingpin is a hex-head instead of button-head kingpin. But what is strange about the Darts is that they're pretty good trucks for all-around use. For some reason, they were very easy to kickflip. They had a very lightweight feel to them. They carved well yet were very stable on center. There was a little bit of wheelbite burn, but nothing that stops forward motion. You could run the trucks very loose or very tight and still get smooth feel and smooth turning from them. The Darts are surprisingly good, especially considering their antiquated look and geometry."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRjg2HtYtU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXo8zoQ_-MM

fairydinkum

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2020, 03:44:10 PM »
In the midst of the madness a year or so ago, I ordered their Axis 161’s and ended up sending them back. No kingpin clearance, and the baseplate has a square cutout in the middle like thunders but had a very weak and brittle feel in my hands compared to a thunder baseplate. With the hanger being super heavy I could just see myself breaking the baseplate quickly doing slappies. Their hangers and baseplates may be poured in the USA but overall I just wasn’t impressed with the quality and they’re pretty butt ugly trucks.

hmmm, sucks that the axis series are like that. When they came out I thought it looked stable and would in fact benchmark Indy as a whole. Which is why I said it could have potential in the market still, now I've just received a new pair of Dart 184s for a curb slasher I'll set up in a few weeks. The only thing I'm hoping with these are no axle slip, but once again I did observe a sketchy casting job to the point where I noticed there was a chip in the metal on one axle. Other than that I'll have to give up on these trucks until Tracker address these issues.

Thanks for the heads up though!

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2020, 05:02:14 PM »
I ran into a dude skating some Trackers a year and a half ago and the axles slipped on both of his trucks. Badly.

fairydinkum

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2020, 06:35:44 PM »
I ran into a dude skating some Trackers a year and a half ago and the axles slipped on both of his trucks. Badly.
well I’ll be damned... money down the drain and I’ll expect the same with these trucks that I just purchased. May as well ride them out as long as they last...

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2020, 10:18:46 PM »
Imagine having trackers on your setup

Bob Dylan Jaeb

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2020, 04:13:32 PM »
gifted myself a pair of axis 149 for christmas and threw indy bushings in them, only skated them a few times but they are super turny and pop really nice so far.   :)

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
gifted myself a pair of axis 149 for christmas and threw indy bushings in them, only skated them a few times but they are super turny and pop really nice so far.   :)

Mixing tracker and Indy is like mixing Nike with Adidas. You just don’t do it ever.

fairydinkum

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »

ok so here it is (the review), tracker 184mm, finally got onto it last night at the local park. Coming from Ventures I found the trucks extremely carving and responsive. They turn exactly like indys, but because this set was wider than my first set of trackers which were about 149. I found that pinching the truck all the way to the wheel wells required zero effort, haven’t got axle slip yet!

Apart from that the grinding quality was garbage (very sticky), I’m hoping this changes as the axle wears down into the metal.

May post some updates once I get on the slappys as that’s where axleslip is most likely to happen.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:19:51 PM by fairydinkum »