Author Topic: Baltimore  (Read 6854 times)

shitdick22

• Rep: -18
Baltimore
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
Going to school at Towson next year. I'm coming from north jersey so I'm used to the crust and one of my good friends cousin is Gary Smith. Anything I should know?

rails

• Rep: -40
Re: Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
someone tell me about lake trout

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »
Towson is fairly close to the skatepark of baltimore

real nice bowl with pool coping all the way around  and a street course with some quarterpipes

skating in the inner harbor and downtown is usually a quick bust unless you go late at night

teh canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »
yeah, Hampden park is fun. Downtown/midtown have a decent amount of shit to just skate around spot to spot or go search out west and east. The harbor is always a bust but still worth a look around, even if it's a bust it's still sick sometimes.

Lake Trout is 2 thing. 1 new video out of Baltimore with Zach Dykes, Zach Lyons, Jason Spivey, Bryan Vana, Sam Shuman, and all of the homies. When it's out on dvd you should pick it up. 2. it's a fried fish you can buy from the corner store.

Last saturday of the month at the ottobar you can see skate videos and meet other skaters... a local hardware company throws it, usually premiering some video whether local or not.

anything else just ask, you'll have fun for sure
p-shuvs and v-flips

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:55:59 AM »
Everything he said.  The Towson courthouse is fun to skate at night and the garage at the mall there on Sundays is fun late night.  The old Social Security building downtown is decent.  Go to to Vu, Gary's shop they're friendly and will tell you what's up.  Don't do dope, this city is rightfully notorious for that shit.   

weregoingunion

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
yeah, Hampden park is fun. Downtown/midtown have a decent amount of shit to just skate around spot to spot or go search out west and east. The harbor is always a bust but still worth a look around, even if it's a bust it's still sick sometimes.

Lake Trout is 2 thing. 1 new video out of Baltimore with Zach Dykes, Zach Lyons, Jason Spivey, Bryan Vana, Sam Shuman, and all of the homies. When it's out on dvd you should pick it up. 2. it's a fried fish you can buy from the corner store.

Last saturday of the month at the ottobar you can see skate videos and meet other skaters... a local hardware company throws it, usually premiering some video whether local or not.

anything else just ask, you'll have fun for sure

whoa is lake trout out yet? that lineup is rad, all dope dudes.

I visited once, Vu shop is sick & garys super nice. that diy park was fun - hampden?  need to go back & visit soon. ate wings @ fraziers every night haha

DvxDouche

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »
Baltimore is a fucking gem. Every time I visit I end up skating the sickest spots. Just go to Vu Skateshop and link with those dudes. You'll be taken care of. 

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »
going to B-Mo (can i say b-mo?) this summer. staying in the fells point area.  have one day to skate and its a Saturday in October.   looking for an uncrowded plaza style park or something unique.  it does not have to be the best thing to skate just pretty fun and not super crowded in the morning.  any suggestions would be appreciated. 

GardenSkater77

• Rep: -4
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 05:56:36 PM »
going to B-Mo (can i say b-mo?) this summer. staying in the fells point area.  have one day to skate and its a Saturday in October.   looking for an uncrowded plaza style park or something unique.  it does not have to be the best thing to skate just pretty fun and not super crowded in the morning.  any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lyric Opera House has the best ledges:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Patricia+%26+Arthur+Modell+Performing+Arts+Center+at+The+Lyric,+140+W+Mt+Royal+Ave,+Baltimore,+MD+21201/@39.3059462,-76.6179685,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c80495811f1fc7:0xadcc6003a29dbd5b?hl=en-us&gl=us

Donít let Gary eat your peanuts...

fs overkrook

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »
Iím sure you will be welcomed by everybody there. Iím from Pennsylvania and got to know quite a few guys from Baltimore and they are all fucking rad!!!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »

Lyric Opera House has the best ledges:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Patricia+%26+Arthur+Modell+Performing+Arts+Center+at+The+Lyric,+140+W+Mt+Royal+Ave,+Baltimore,+MD+21201/@39.3059462,-76.6179685,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c80495811f1fc7:0xadcc6003a29dbd5b?hl=en-us&gl=us

Donít let Gary eat your peanuts...

dude... are you talking about the ledges with the rail on top of them?  if so that looks comically out of my league.  im more of a slight embankment and/or knee high ledge with no people around kind of person. 

Iím sure you will be welcomed by everybody there. Iím from Pennsylvania and got to know quite a few guys from Baltimore and they are all fucking rad!!!

i'm gunna carry around a few bags peanuts and offer them to skaters.  ill let you know how it goes.

GardenSkater77

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »
Oh thatís sick! Whatís the spot at 238? And the Diy right after it as well looks cool.

GardenSkater77

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:25 AM »
Looks like the snake run at Landsdowne. That park is an old snake run like a larger version of Derby in Santa Cruz. Itís a good 30 minuets from the downtown, but it is worth checking out, because itís 40 years old and a lot of really great people have come through there over the years. Donít know the DIY spot right after but it is probably just outside the downtown.