Author Topic: Wide angle Lens for a nikon crop sensor  (Read 3241 times)

shitcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Wide angle Lens for a nikon crop sensor
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:59:57 PM »
Anyone have a recommendation for a wide angle/fisheye for a crop sensor nikon (d3300)? I have an 8mm albinar that I use for filming but I've been finding that it's simply too wide for a lot of shots as it forces me to be in the landing to get close enough for a good shot. Something in the 12-18mm range. Autofocus is ideal, but unrealistic cause I'd like to keep it under $250 so I don't sink too much more than I already have into a crop sensor setup while I wait for D810s to come down in price.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Wide angle Lens for a nikon crop sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »
The whole point of having a distorted fisheye is to get stupid close, if you get something less wide, it's not going to look as good. If you want to get a less wide fisheye, the tokina 10-17mm is something to consider but this is a bit more expensive and more suited to full frame sensors. Those 8mm f3.5 fisheyes are perfectly good entry level fisheyes and I think its best if you do just get used to getting close in order to get a photo or clip, just stay alert. It's not even that wide compared to a lot of different other industry standard fisheye/camera setups.