Author Topic: Getting back into skating in NYC..  (Read 7233 times)

DoggyD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Getting back into skating in NYC..
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:12:47 PM »
There is a fucking billion of these threads but I am just sick of feeling like I am getting vibed out by all these New York kids every time I am at a park. I have not been on a board seriously in about 4 years and I am also not a native to NYC (started skating in Kansas and moved to NYC to go to school) but I just feel like I am getting clowned on and shit every time I am at LES or that one smaller park in Williamsburg. Is there anywhere I can skate alone and not feel like I am getting in the way of your next LurkNYC video? I cant even cruise around a skatepark without being told to move out of the way by some 15 year old kids. I know park etiquette, and I also know that my fatass trying to board slide the end of the curb at LES is not getting in the way. I just want to skate, I want to eat shit and not be made fun of when it is obvious I have not been on a board in awhile. Is there any chill spots in NYC where I can just skate solo and not feel like all eyes are on me? I have not been to Tompkins but I also have heard that place is not mellow whatsoever. I fucking suck at skating, I have for the past 13 years, I just want to be able to do what I love again.

fullcab

• Rep: -16
Re: Getting back into skating in NYC..
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »
Tell them to fuck off

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:04 AM »
scout out spots that are not a skatepark. there are street spots all over NYC, especially the boroughs. skate as often as possible and start a workout routine to get back into it. also, learning to give less fucks about what strangers think helps a lot.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:30:38 AM »
theyre just insecure because they are from Florida and feel they need to assert themselves on their "home turf"...

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 09:07:27 AM »
Skate at night

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 11:24:02 AM »
a lot of the really popular ledge/plaza-esque spots are pretty quiet on the average day.

there's http://quartersnacks.com/spots/brooklyn/bushwick-greenpoint-williamsburg/williamsburg-monument/ williamsburg monument
http://quartersnacks.com/spots/uptown-manhattan/harlem-morningside/lenox-ledges/ lenox
http://quartersnacks.com/spots/midtown-manhattan/gramercy-murray-hill/20th-and-c/ 20th and C
http://quartersnacks.com/spots/downtown-manhattan/chinatown-east-village-l-e-s/chinatown-manual-pad/ the chinatown manny pad
http://quartersnacks.com/spots/downtown-manhattan/city-hall-area/black-hubba/ and the plaza around black hubba

theyre my haunts - just way quieter and not chock full of everyone else. les is no fun after 10am. the best thing to do is just start at one spot and explore and all that cliche transworld stuff
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 11:05:13 PM »
Skate in the morning......aren't the kids kinda shitty? 

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 04:15:26 AM »
Just skate for yourself.
Don't change spot because of fuckin 14 years old kids.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
hate to say it, but you just gotta deal with it. skating at the park w/o pissing everyone off is one of those things that still has to be earned, believe it or not.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »
Powerlifting. People don't really want to get in your way when they see those traps.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
Start slanging weed, then they will respect you.

swan pablo murphy

• Rep: -5
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »
Start slanging weed, then they will respect you.

this

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »
These threads are always stupid. Just fucking skate. Pay them no mind. Skate to work. Ollie up/off curbs all day. Powerslide. Fall on your ass in front of a group of cute girls (or guys if thats what you're into). I understand being an anxious introvert but you're giving them power and feeding into what they want.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this