Author Topic: Alternative to Dickies  (Read 24230 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: Alternative to Dickies
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »
Just muster up the courage and go on jcrewfactory's website (NOT the main website). They have a ton of sick slacks/chinos. usually around 32-40.00 but totally worth it. They have the slimmest of the slim (what I like) to a relaxed dad fit.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 03:57:51 AM »
p much any flat front chino out there, hit up some thrift/charity/etc stores. im in britbong land but m&s have some clothing range called blue harbour and they have some nice flat front chinos for about ?30. theres seemingly a big market for "store seconds" on ebay aka high street shit that probably fell off the back of a van and had the labels removed so i can grab a pair for a tenner. not the[ /i]highest quality, got two months out of the first pair since i ate shit on a hill bomb, second pair 5 months and this pair been rocking since november or so no problems. enjoy this awful photo of me doing a fs grind in my favourite pair fuck i miss that toy machine board

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »
Since I've noticed a lot of people just trying to go cheap, but then complain that they fit weird or don't have enough crotch space... I'm going to post this link.

Shitty cheap pants will fit shitty and cheap. Find your waist size, figure out what size leg opening you like (14 is super tight, 16.5 is usually straight slim, 18+ is relaxed) this is how wide the circumference of the leg is. Some pants will list is as 7.5,8,9,ect.. because when laid down it is folded in half. Also pay attention to RISE, this is how much room is from the tip of the crotch to the waistline and will affect your lil dudes comfort.

There is free shipping here, so just find a solid pair from the sale section, check the leg opening, and BOOM you got some quality pants that wont hurt your crotch.

http://www.tactics.com/casual-pants/sort-3

shit_for_brains

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 08:55:24 AM »
The problem I always find with skate pants is that they aren't made for people who have spent a few decades building leg muscles. If I get a waist that fits, the thighs fit like yoga pants. I have to go like 4 sizes up to get skate pants that fit in the legs. Dickies are just miserable from top to bottom so you know what you're getting.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »
i was searching for an alternative one day and got some aramarks at my local army surplus store. they were like 40" length, and apparently they're a workwear/uniform company. only 20 bucks tho so i grabbed two and just chopped em. i think they're online for like 10-20 as well.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 11:07:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I currently wear a pair of the Slim Tapers. I wanted a more straight fit but Slim Straight feels like horrible on my crotch. So I got some 874's and my waist normally is a 30, but the 874 30s are way too tight on my waist and 32s are way too baggy in the whole fit.
[close]

I thought we were dealing with a man here but you clearly are a boy. Look, it's 2017. don't do this to yourself.
those 32 waist 874s are gonna fit you just fine in a few months, especially if you shrink them a little in the wash.

[close]
I am a smaller built man. They definitely are not going to fit me in a "few months". I've been like this for years.

874's come in a 31" waist too. Maybe that would work. You might have to find them online though.
Or maybe you need to diet so the 30" fits.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1230
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
There is no alternative  :)
874s are old man stylee- if you wear them hiked up a bit, they fit better
See ed templeton or your gramps for details

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
Just muster up the courage and go on jcrewfactory's website (NOT the main website). They have a ton of sick slacks/chinos. usually around 32-40.00 but totally worth it. They have the slimmest of the slim (what I like) to a relaxed dad fit.

Actually, I'm going to reveal my Fancy Lad WASP roots but the regular J.Crew chinos are well cut, last a good while, and are way more comfortable than Dickies. I recently bought a couple on sale for around $45. I prefer the "essential" over the "broken in" although the latter usually have more color options. The 1040s are the roomiest although not too baggy and the 990s are a nice slimmer cut. The 500s are blow out your crotch while walking skinny. They are perfectly acceptable as a dress up pant but your skater bros will probably assume they are Dickies. Also make good cut off shorts when the knees blow out.

Thanks for the gift card, Grandma!

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Earl's Apparel (Gung-Ho, Stan Ray or whatever name they feel like calling their brand at the moment) camp trousers are really good. They can be difficult to find and make sure you get a size up. I wear 32 waist in everything, but a 32 in these were like trying putting on my girlfriend's tiny jeans. The material is super tough canvas and the fit is like 874s with more crotch room. I've found them for anywhere between $20-60

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:30:37 AM by Sanka Coffie »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1577
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:36 AM »
Levis commuter line often has gusseted crotches....if that's what you need...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »
The problem I always find with skate pants is that they aren't made for people who have spent a few decades building leg muscles. If I get a waist that fits, the thighs fit like yoga pants. I have to go like 4 sizes up to get skate pants that fit in the legs. Dickies are just miserable from top to bottom so you know what you're getting.

specifically calf muscles - those ruled out all of Altamont's pants for me back when they first came out

foureyedjim

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 09:31:37 PM »
I've found God aka Carhartt pants.

Their "relaxed fit" pants are pretty nice.  The carpenter pant is a soft 100% cotton, and the rugged flex ones have a bit of spandex.  
They're about 40 off amazon.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I5MW9A/ref=twister_B004NNUW26
https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Rugged-Rigby-Dungaree-Gravel/dp/B01BW67QVQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1493613224&sr=1-7&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=carhartt+rugged
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:34:17 PM by foureyedjim »

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
just got a pair of mid weight domestics pants custom made for 50. great deal as they are usa made and you're supporting fred gall. haven't skated them yet but just wearing them around for a couple days and they feel so nice. i've been running 874's for the last couple years as my only go to pant and these domestics are sealing the deal for me. just hit them up at http://dometown.bigcartel.com

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1577
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 11:17:00 PM »
They getting weird....the sweat Jean eh?  Remember when ISUCK tried those? 

Washed Up Guy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 02:14:00 AM »
I currently wear a pair of the Slim Tapers. I wanted a more straight fit but Slim Straight feels like horrible on my crotch. So I got some 874's and my waist normally is a 30, but the 874 30s are way too tight on my waist and 32s are way too baggy in the whole fit.

too baggy?  ???
Are you scared to be a G?

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 06:45:38 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EBQQIMW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've really liked these Levi's chinos, but unfortunately they have went up in price since I bought them (got mine for $16 each, bought 2 black and 2 blue), but it's Amazon, so a sale is not unlikely. Regardless, I'd say they're worth the cost for a couple pairs.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »
just got a pair of mid weight domestics pants custom made for 50. great deal as they are usa made and you're supporting fred gall. haven't skated them yet but just wearing them around for a couple days and they feel so nice. i've been running 874's for the last couple years as my only go to pant and these domestics are sealing the deal for me. just hit them up at http://dometown.bigcartel.com

That's awesome. I know you're tall as fuck like me. Where you able to get them to do a long ass inseam?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 01:51:47 PM »
Hey guys need some new skate pants. Looking to get some dickies. What's a good fit?  Don't want anything too baggy but I don't want anything to slim. Just a nice happy medium.  Also anywhere good to get them cheap?

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »
I buy a size up in the slims and they feel like a perfect regular fit. Baggy enough for me to bend and shit but they don't look too sloppy. Also the waist sits lower than the regular ones.

http://www.dickies.com/pants/slim-fit-straight-leg-work-pant/WP873DN++31+32.html?src=SEMPLA&cm_mmc=google-_-PLA-_-men-pants-_-WP873&cm_mmc=Google-_-298459396-_-10473328876-_-{Null}&gclid=CNzz_rT099MCFQe4wAoddREPbg

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:43 AM »
Awesome thanks man

kook nukem

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2017, 08:15:59 AM »
No alternatives in my opinion. Dickies are cheap, durable, and have a variety of fits and colors. I've tried lots of other chinos over the years, and nothing compares to Dickies for skating.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 08:22:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's awesome. I know you're tall as fuck like me. Where you able to get them to do a long ass inseam?

didn't see this until now, my bad. yea I hit them up and asked for a 36 inseam 38 waist. they made it, and I'm about to get a pair of the ripstop camo ones too. great people overthere. just use the comment section on the big cartel website and they should get back to you quick