Author Topic: love a good back feeble  (Read 4417 times)

corto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: love a good back feeble
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
On ledges back feebles get a pass, barely though. On rails it's an utterly disgusting trick and should be banished from the skate world.

Front feebles on ledges are sick.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
On ledges back feebles get a pass, barely though

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 06:23:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Boardslide or 50... don't come at me with that both shit nigga, I aint havin that.

Ledges even be worse! Yall a fool for this one.
[close]
you are a white kid from the suburbs whose mom drops you off at the skatepark, quit talking like that.  You are embarrassing all of us.

Also there is nothing wrong with grapefruit grinds.
Gonz does one in Video Days yet so many people don't know what they are.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 08:05:59 AM »
^^ yeah they're not even feebles man, they're called grapefruits.

kook nukem

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 08:35:13 AM »
Feebles are iffy to me. They're cool on tranny, ledges, and interesting rail spots. 90s and early 2000s were cool for handrail feebles, but they've kinda been ruined by the tight pants era and park kids.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »
great thread. this is a topic that needs discussion. bs feeble grinds are really only problematic on rails/flat bars. there's no finesse involved really. kind of a lazy trick. even bs boardslide seems to get more love nowadays. that being said, ain't many things better than knowing exactly what you're doing, hitting that bs feeble, chilling in it, perfect weight distribution, locked in, then comin off. you don't look or feel cool, but damnit if you didn't just grind the fuck outta that rail.

bs feeble combos, pop-outs, revert out, those all justify a bs feeble on a rail to me.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »
Louie Barletta's one up that curved blue ledge is one of my favorites.

But yeah, Carroll... of course.

ManMelt

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
Always been a fan of the ledge feeble. Of course, like most things, Carroll is king. I especially like his feeble combos, namely his feeble to back tail on that curved Albuquerque ledge from Fully Flared, and his feeble to back smith in China from Pretty Sweet. Props to Gay Imp for posting that photo of Matt Reason on the out ledge at LOVE. Growing up skating Philly, I saw firsthand how good/underrated Matt Reason was, especially in the switch department. Dude's switch ledge game was nuts and he was chucking switch tres down the City Hall 6 stair back in '92. Not to mention that he was usually riding an 8.75 with 58 millimeter wheels. Matt Reason also had switch back smiths, switch wallrides (both ways), and switch wallies on point. Oyola was The Godfather of LOVE back then, Fred Gall was in his prime, but I always wished Matt Reason got more recognition.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »
ledge feebles are so so yucky

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2017, 11:51:00 PM »
Props to Gay Imp for posting that photo of Matt Reason on the out ledge at LOVE. Growing up skating Philly, I saw firsthand how good/underrated Matt Reason was, especially in the switch department. Dude's switch ledge game was nuts and he was chucking switch tres down the City Hall 6 stair back in '92. Not to mention that he was usually riding an 8.75 with 58 millimeter wheels. Matt Reason also had switch back smiths, switch wallrides (both ways), and switch wallies on point. Oyola was The Godfather of LOVE back then, Fred Gall was in his prime, but I always wished Matt Reason got more recognition.
YES! that's amazing that you got to witness him in person. his switch game was almost "subtle" in a way, like he didn't even really look like he was skating switch and then your brain would do the math and be like WTF?
I learnt switch wallies (late 180 too) and feebles on ledges because of him. I think he probably got the recognition he deserved at least in Philly, and do remember he was on Adrenalin which was a crazy team at the time, but in the scheme of things there isn't that much footy/ photos of him out there which is a real shame...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year