Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 169875 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2017, 08:36:37 PM »
For me, it sounds weird to use the animal-based glue for some synthetic styles (same with the Provost shoes)
P.S. I emailed to Emerica, waiting for the response.
hey mate *bumps* did you hear back from them? I was just looking through CCS and it seems (at least from the pic) that those brown joints are a mix of synth and leather:
https://cdn.ccs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/8/889262442250-3.1507253679.jpg

anyone skated the eS everstitch yet? Still tossing up about whether or not to buy a pair...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2017, 07:02:59 PM »
also, how have none of us skated the emerica emery yet?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2017, 06:40:19 AM »
I haven't tried the Emory's yet, but I just picked up a pair of the black synthetic Indicators on sale.  Skated them once and like them so far.  So great to not have to superglue anything before going out skating!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2017, 05:03:42 AM »
tried on some everstitch swifts yesterday ... damn those shits just might be my next shoe, heal lock is VICE! saw some emerys today but they weren't in my size, kinda remind me a lot of Leo's shoe

Miguelito

• Rep: 2
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2017, 11:11:18 AM »
I'm wearing the emery right now. I've only skated them for a couple of sessions, but the textile barely has mark on it in the ollie area. My only complaint about them is that the out sole is super thin and kind of plastic feeling.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
Whattup y'all?

Got some samples of this Rook coming, I'm going to check out some synthetic leather and synthetic suede to see how they wear and get some pricing. I think what I'll end up doing is a crowdfunding/preorder thing if we could get enough people to hit the minimums. And with a preorder I can probably make the price fairly reasonable since they'll all be prepaid and going straight to whoever gets em. Let me know what you think...ps that stitching won't be contrast, it's just how the CAD is.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
Who has skated the es everstich swift, they're on sale on the es website.

Does that material make it look like a running shoes

Why can't emerica make their faux-suede Reynolds shoe in a cup sole
Instead of a vulc

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2018, 04:06:16 PM »
Whattup y'all?

Got some samples of this Rook coming, I'm going to check out some synthetic leather and synthetic suede to see how they wear and get some pricing. I think what I'll end up doing is a crowdfunding/preorder thing if we could get enough people to hit the minimums. And with a preorder I can probably make the price fairly reasonable since they'll all be prepaid and going straight to whoever gets em. Let me know what you think...ps that stitching won't be contrast, it's just how the CAD is.

I normally just buy used shoes but i'd be down to support you doing a vegan one.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2018, 12:42:42 AM »
Who has skated the es everstich swift, they're on sale on the es website.
Does that material make it look like a running shoes
I don't own them but I have tried them on and yes, it's pretty much all "mesh" apart from the toecap.
every review I've seen of them though says the swift is the one to take the abuse of skating whereas the accelerometer slim version is basically just for causing/ light skating. I also know they are about to come out with an everstitch access plus with the strap at the tongue and lots more synth panels as opposed to mesh!

that proper shoe is a thing of beauty (nice nods to Kareem's Duffs shoe and some air walk sorrys that I used to love) and I will 1000% be getting a pair. Start the pre-order and I'll be your first customer!!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:46:53 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »
I saw the Straye is advertising some vegan shoes. They look terrible though. I'm pretty sure someone even called them out saying the model was not actually vegan either.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2018, 09:16:14 PM »
I saw the Straye is advertising some vegan shoes. They look terrible though. I'm pretty sure someone even called them out saying the model was not actually vegan either.
I'd probably be down to try them since I'm on a bit of an indie shoe trip at the moment. Having said that, their marketing/ advertising/ image gives me full body cringes. I think our $$$ would be much better spent funding baravettski's little project up there ↑

Chega

• Rep: 2
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »
Whattup y'all?

I would buy. However synthetic nubuck/ suede works better I believe. Not sure about pricing for those though.

baravettski

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2018, 03:58:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Whattup y'all?

[close]

I would buy. However synthetic nubuck/ suede works better I believe. Not sure about pricing for those though.

word. gonna sample both that synthetic leather with the pebble and the suede and see what looks better. And since we're crowdfunding we should be able to keep the price down. Just a matter of getting enough people to hit the minimums.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
synth suede with pebble on the panels that don't touch the griptape? either way I'm purchasing!
also not sure if you can get any insider info from sole tech but the synth suede they are using on those Ryan Lay's is bulletproof!
Anyway mate, I'm here with my wallet just waiting for the drop...

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2018, 07:56:03 PM »
I picked up the new AV Classics in black canvas/rubber.  Hyped they finally made these without a leather tab on the tongue and leather half moon on the arch.  Virtually no support in the ankle but that was to be expected. 

baravettski

« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:54 AM »
synth suede with pebble on the panels that don't touch the griptape? either way I'm purchasing!
also not sure if you can get any insider info from sole tech but the synth suede they are using on those Ryan Lay's is bulletproof!
Anyway mate, I'm here with my wallet just waiting for the drop...

Gotta be careful with those material mixes because they can look gross real fast, but we shall see. Maybe synth leather on the vamp and somewhere else. I'll fuck with it. I should be able to find out about that suede pretty easy as well, thanks for the tip, I'll go take a look at those things. Glad you're hyped!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2018, 12:42:11 AM »
gnar-ing you every time you post in this thread mate!
one more quick thing, and this is my major beef with the Ryan Lays, can you please try and make them *somewhat* breathable?
one of the downside of synth is that is doesn't breath well. fine for cruising in winter I guess? Is the tongue on the rooks already mesh?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:33:27 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2018, 07:57:01 AM »
Just got some emerica Emerys, they look great compared to the Etnies’s Jameson eco I have been skating, a lot thinner walls ( good for looks we will see about skating) will def need some glue on the canvas, can’t wait to skate them but it might be a while till those Jameson’s are completely done

Since they are not in next seasons catalog, depending on how they go, they’ll probably be on clearance soon, might have to grab a couple more pairs because it’s tough to find a slimmer shoe with a cup sole these days

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2018, 08:36:02 AM »
The Emerica Ed Templeton Wino G6 Slip Ons look kinda sick. I'm not a vegan myself, but I don't really like that animals are killed for my pleasure either and am down to skate vegan shoes, so these should be nice.

Slip ons, Ed Templeton, vegan, Emerica and they look good too. Not a bad deal. 😊

https://www.emerica.com/eu/footwear/team-shoes/wino-g6-slip-on-reserve-6101000112.html?dwvar_6101000112_color=398

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2018, 09:31:57 AM »
Just got some emerica Emerys, they look great compared to the Etnies’s Jameson eco I have been skating, a lot thinner walls ( good for looks we will see about skating) will def need some glue on the canvas, can’t wait to skate them but it might be a while till those Jameson’s are completely done

Since they are not in next seasons catalog, depending on how they go, they’ll probably be on clearance soon, might have to grab a couple more pairs because it’s tough to find a slimmer shoe with a cup sole these days

how are those etnies? I've been skating nothing but converse lately and want to change it up maybe. how's the sizing? i wear an 8.5 in converse

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

how are those etnies? I've been skating nothing but converse lately and want to change it up maybe. how's the sizing? i wear an 8.5 in converse

All sole tec shoes fit true to size for me 9.5=9.5
The jameson is a little puffy for today’s standards but I love it for skating, really is a pillow around your foot and the ankle support is perfect for a low. The Jameson eco series has about 10
Colorways which is pretty cool too

I’m sure it’s a totally different board feel to any cons out there, but I never tried any to know

IHOP

« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
Sorry this probably got answered int he first few pages but regular chucks and cons ctas that are canvas, vegan or not because of glue?

I have a pair of the KA white hi tops that I really like.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2018, 01:17:28 PM »
afaik they refuse to give a clear answer

Grind King Rims

« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2018, 03:07:08 PM »
If that's the case, it kind of implies "not vegan", no?

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »
If that's the case, it kind of implies "not vegan", no?

yea you have to assume "not vegan" if they won't say "ya vegan"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2018, 04:30:21 AM »
Sorry this probably got answered int he first few pages but regular chucks and cons ctas that are canvas, vegan or not because of glue?

I have a pair of the KA white hi tops that I really like.
KA and mike Anderson’s shoes claim vegan which is quite rare. KA is pretty serious about his veganism so I’d say you’re good to go!

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2018, 06:25:17 AM »
Yeah, I guess KA and Mike shoes are truly vegan.

I don't know if it's old for you US guys, but I noticed in Europe that they changed the sole in CTAS pro.
No more Lunarlon, now it is Nike Zoom air sole...

It's way thinner, incredible board feel but hurt my heels on flatground.
And most important thing, you have to go half a size smaller with those thinner sole.

I had to put back some old Lunarlon in my shoes for them to fit properly...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »
tried on some everstitch swifts yesterday ... damn those shits just might be my next shoe, heal lock is VICE! saw some emerys today but they weren't in my size, kinda remind me a lot of Leo's shoe
How do you compare swifts to seslas?  I have no local that carries them atm so online it is. Both of those models are on sale now, I’m thinking should I get 3rd pair of seslas or try something new...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How do you compare swifts to seslas?  I have no local that carries them atm so online it is. Both of those models are on sale now, I’m thinking should I get 3rd pair of seslas or try something new...
I only tried them on but they felt way more tts than seslas do (and I think you and I had the same problem about needing to go 1/4 size because 1/2 up was too floppy). Have also heard they aren't too slim in the toe box. When I tried them on they felt great but I'd need to buy a pair to give you a full review. Have you tried Ryan Lay's shoe? I initially didn't like it but once it's broken in (and you change out the insole) it's pretty fucking dreamy!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »