Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 20601 times)

UrbanMutation

• Rep: 0
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #240 on: June 08, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
Sole Tech / Etnies is doing a Sheep capsule that is dropping for HOL18. They look and feel really good, two low tops one blue w/ white sole and one red w/ white sole. They both have a lil rubber toe almost like the Andrew Allen slips. Really happy about this drop, LOVED SHEEP!

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -23
« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2018, 04:13:15 PM »
were those everstitches durable?

veganskateblog guy is saying they aren't basically. I thought they were supposed to be good. Something like the Nike SB Zoom Tre would be awesome.

always wanted these as a kid but couldn't afford nike's. apparently they lasted forever

Dude I wish they would bring those back

such a sick shoe! ahead of it's time imo.
someone on here has a gif in their sig of someone wearing them and every time i see it swoon haha. copping some of the old air trainer 2 sb's on ebay now tho

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -396
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »
Also the heel has some synthetic leather panel, maybe thatís what they make the accel out of, similar to the Reynolds low vulc material from a couple seasons back
it's (synth) suede no? Looks/ smells exactly like that they use on the Ryan Lays

Sole Tech / Etnies is doing a Sheep capsule that is dropping for HOL18. They look and feel really good, two low tops one blue w/ white sole and one red w/ white sole. They both have a lil rubber toe almost like the Andrew Allen slips. Really happy about this drop, LOVED SHEEP!
I was stoked about that too until they called them "deconstructed" and "floppy" :'(
#GMOsbeforeHoes #-65gforRyfe #teamdogdrugs

#lobsterlivesmatter #thenumbers1and8offendme #yearoftheeagle #tatergate2018

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -96
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
I really wanna buy some animal-friendly skate shoes but until I can find a canvas or synthetic shoe that lasts longer than a session I'm going to have to continue to buy suede. Has anyone tried the canvas romero laced? They look somewhat durable.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2018, 07:05:47 PM »
I really wanna buy some animal-friendly skate shoes but until I can find a canvas or synthetic shoe that lasts longer than a session I'm going to have to continue to buy suede. Has anyone tried the canvas romero laced? They look somewhat durable.
Ryan.Lays.NOW
they are fucking tanks!!!

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2018, 12:16:41 AM »
I should receive tomorrow my first pair of full black canvas Salem.
Got them online for 50Ä from a swedish skateshop I never heard of before (Junkyard)
Can't wait to try them !

I hope the sizing will be OK...

I looked at the 2018 catalog and no more canvas shoes though ?
I would love to try the Harlem, but the ollie patch is suede...

Also, I think it's kind of weird that they put a ollie patch on the suede Salem but not on the canvas one...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2018, 12:26:56 AM »

I have a pair in a shopping cart at the moment but am still tossing up between them and some of those new accel slim in all synth.
Yeah, they used to have LOTS more canvas options, hopefully it's just this season because they are great at labeling their shoes and the designs are on point. Watch out for that sole though, it's a pebble magnet!!!
Post some pics once you've broken them in

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2018, 12:44:50 AM »

I have a pair in a shopping cart at the moment but am still tossing up between them and some of those new accel slim in all synth.
Yeah, they used to have LOTS more canvas options, hopefully it's just this season because they are great at labeling their shoes and the designs are on point. Watch out for that sole though, it's a pebble magnet!!!

Ahah yes, I saw that on the State Footwear thread. I hope it will not be that terrible, because they seem to be real nice and I was looking at them for a long time.

Have you ever tried them ? How was the sizing ?
I'm 9.5 on Vans Rapidweld Pro Lite, and took 9 for the State according what I saw on the State thread.

Anyway, I'll post a pic and a feedback for sure.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2018, 12:53:16 AM »
Once the sole starts to wear down the pebble thing is not so much of a problem.
I have a pair of these http://www.rippedlaces.com/2017/02/state-footwear-expands-their-latest-catalog-with-two-new-team-models/
(the top ones in blue canvas) and they are extremely well-built for a canvas shoe!

Sizing is kinda all over the place, I wear a 10 in sole tech stuff and in length it almost fits like a 10.5, but in width it kinda feels like a 9.5  and I have to wear pretty slim socks when I wear them. Having said that, I've heard Mercers etc. run slightly bigger.
Do keep us posted!

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #249 on: Today at 02:15:44 AM »
I received the shoes this morning and actually wearing them at work.
First impression : they look way better in real life than in picture.

Quality seem to be good, loved the animal-friendly label and soy ink used on the box.
I was impressed by the Quality of the insole, better than Zoom Air.

Don't be afraid by the "Genuine Leather upper" marked inside the shoe, as it is actually not true!

Sizing is true to size on the Salem, I wear size 9 in Vans, took size 9 and it's good for now.
For information I wear size 7.5 in CTAS pro with Zoom Air insole, and size 8 with Lunarlon insole.

They seem a bit wider than CTAS pro.
I'll update after skating them !