Author Topic: Thousand Oaks/Malibu  (Read 8389 times)

tortfeasor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
Thousand Oaks/Malibu
« on: May 30, 2017, 07:25:34 AM »
Going to be heading to the Thousand Oaks/Malibu area for a wedding next month.  I have never been south of SF and know pretty  much nothing about the area.   My lady friend is a bridesmaid in the wedding so i'm going to have plenty of time to get some skating in. 

Any great parks/plazas within a reasonable lyft ride in that area?  I saw a few videos of Borchard and Westlake skatepark.   neither of them seemed that great.  Skatelab interests me but it seems dumb to skate inside if the weather is great.

also interesting street spots in that area would be cool too.  mellow bank to curb/ledge is always my favorite thing to skate.

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: Thousand Oaks/Malibu
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »
Can't really speak to that area too much specifically, but you're only about 25 minutes by car or 35/40 on the weird metro bus lane shit they have here in LA from Canoga park which has a decent park called Lanark.  Your best bet is downloading the SkateSpot app and checking that out.  I'm over in the North Hollywood area so if you can make it a little further I'm happy to point out some other shit for you. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
Can't really speak to that area too much specifically, but you're only about 25 minutes by car or 35/40 on the weird metro bus lane shit they have here in LA from Canoga park which has a decent park called Lanark.  Your best bet is downloading the SkateSpot app and checking that out.  I'm over in the North Hollywood area so if you can make it a little further I'm happy to point out some other shit for you. 

thanks

just watched videos of the lanark skatepark... dude that looks perfect!! thank you so much!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 05:25:51 PM »
Dude just found this is my research... where are you sending me

ShoNuff

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 10:30:16 PM »
It's a very welcoming part of the world.

Newbury Park High ledges are famous, though, probably knobbed.
Agoura High School (stairs mostly)
Canoga/Lanark Park - all I could find that may be helpful.
Westlake YMCA Park
Malibu - skip to 0.38 - that loading dock ledge is behind a Ralphs market. Malibu is a rather odd place; it's a dead-end but with millionaires.

Mostly filmed in or near Agoura -

skip to 0.25 - random Agoura spot

Look out for rattlesnakes if you plan to hike out there.

I grew up in Agoura. It's 8 min south from Thousand Oaks and on the way to Malibu.

Oh - It's going to be pretty warm when you're here.

Food - Italia Deli, Hugos, Joi*****.
-I'm vegan, so I'm just suggesting places you can eat at that are vegan-friendly.

Hope this helps. Safe travels man!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:03:58 PM by ShoNuff »

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »

Anyone know where this ditch spot is? I know they're at the Santa Monica beach ledges at the beginning so I'm assuming it's close
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »

Anyone know where this ditch spot is? I know they're at the Santa Monica beach ledges at the beginning so I'm assuming it's close

Long Beach.  When you leave Cherry go straight to the ocean and it's on the bike path
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Long Beach.  When you leave Cherry go straight to the ocean and it's on the bike path

Thanks. Next week if I have time I'll make the drive out there.
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours