Author Topic: Daryl Angel  (Read 138942 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Daryl Angel
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »
I wonder if D Way is sweating right now?
He is but only because he has been swinging tornado balls for 40 minutes

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2018, 01:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote
He commented a heart and a fire on Jason Je⚡⚡ee's letter to Santa, so he's not super busy.
[close]

I think it's clear that he's never busy.

It's clear from his latest part that he should probably be busier skating instead of beating up chicks.

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2018, 01:40:00 PM »
I've always hated this contrived motherfucker.

#getdaryl

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »
I don't give a shit if he's contrived. I do give a shit that Daryl Angel beat the shit out of his girlfriend and tried to have conversations about it removed. From the sounds of it, she wasn't the first girl he knocked around because he's a spineless shithead.

Nobody's demanding your head on a pike Daryl. But when you try to censor conversations about your abuse, then claim you're going to apologize to your victims and don't do it, you look pretty fucking terrible.

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »
We need to get Weck to put Daryl on blast! It seems like the sort of thing he hates and would be very good at exposing.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2018, 03:28:48 PM »
This is going to make Nike and Habitat look impossibly bad if they don't take action.

Woman abusers are the literal scum of the earth. It's only a matter of time now.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2018, 03:36:58 PM »
u guys keep white knighting this hard you're gonna end up klansmen.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »

buck russell thinks domestic abuse is OK confirmed
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:46:40 PM by HotnSpicyMcChicken »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2018, 04:50:44 PM »

So...

Racist washed up kooks are ok?
And dudes with the worst teeth on the planet that abuse women are ok?

Listen, PLENTY of young kids that are eager to earn a spot in the pro ranks.
Time to make some space, right?

Well, lets start to get rid of this scum.

Racists/abusers...

Not welcome.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2018, 04:53:17 PM »
I don't know why there isn't more pressure on habitat. Castrucci is really cool with this?

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2018, 02:32:56 AM »
As someone that watched their family suffer from this kind of violence as a child, I’m going to start bumping this thread whenever it gets low on page 1.

Who was that Vans employee that dragged that girl off his van or whatever?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2018, 03:47:03 AM »
As someone that watched their family suffer from this kind of violence as a child, I’m going to start bumping this thread whenever it gets low on page 1.

Who was that Vans employee that dragged that girl off his van or whatever?

It was one of the filmers.   I hesistate to name the wrong one, but I think it was Cody Green, but not 100%

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:59 AM »
Hmmmmmm...... I always wondered why this girls face was covered. Wonder if its the same girl, i guess it makes sense. This is from 2009 by the way.

Also Just in case anyone wants to doubt she might be talking about a different Daryl....

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:39:21 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

samizdat1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
I lived in San Jose years ago and heard of his scummy behavior and history of abuse. He'd throw insane temper tantrums and it seemed like someone told him to chill in public. But who knows, most of those "zany" Tilt Mode dudes seemed like closet alcoholics, so it would be a surprise if anyone said shit to him.

What's a real bummer, more than Nike continuing to sponsor him, is that he still has the support of someone like Brian Anderson.

ishouldntbehere

« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
Seems like I am the only one in this thread that has any heart for Daryl's skating, he definitely has been a part of the culture over the years whether you agree or disagree, he's been on Habitat for how long?

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) .. this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. I'm not going to go on to say fuck Daryl Angel, i don't know him he doesn't affect my life (this isn't the first time in skateboarding this has happened either). I will say i'm mad disappointed in someone I looked up to. I hope he can turn this around.. definitely start with the drinking problem. also this is from 2016 correct? wheres the update?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:42:15 PM by ishouldntbehere »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2018, 09:40:37 PM »
I've met him before he's a snob

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2018, 09:47:24 PM »
I've met him before he's a snob
Shark Nose On Beating

im probably lying

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2018, 09:53:18 PM »
Seems like I am the only one in this thread that has any heart for Daryl's skating, he definitely has been a part of the culture over the years whether you agree or disagree, he's been on Habitat for how long?

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) anyways this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. This is my first post on the forum ever, after lurking for almost a year. I still go back to when Quel told me about creating opinions on people you've never met after so much talk has surrounded them. He told me "don't ever let anyone's opinion affect yours before you meet them, create your own upon meeting"

I'm sure i'll get shit posted for dropping names but that quote has always stuck with me. I love that moral

What the fuck is the point you're trying to make? That you learned to base your interpretation of people after you meet them? Cool, welcome to adulthood, where your maturity will age as well as your student loans.

Daryl got on Habitat just before 2010's Origins and right on time to be completely rendered null by Austyn. Fuck, Tim O'Connor's three tricks in that are better than anything I've seen Daryl do. But that's not the point: The point is there's evidence Daryl committed domestic abuse, that Bubblegum Tate deleted a thread as a favor to Daryl (enabling him), who stated he may address this issue in the future, AND Daryl acknowledged that he fucked up in an Instagram post plugging his last video part. Daryl has yet to come forward and edited his post to remove any mention of past discretions.

It doesn't matter how good he might be or what contributions he may have made to skating, Daryl needs to speak about committing abuse.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ishouldntbehere

« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »
Expand Quote

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) anyways this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. This is my first post on the forum ever, after lurking for almost a year. I still go back to when Quel told me about creating opinions on people you've never met after so much talk has surrounded them. He told me "don't ever let anyone's opinion affect yours before you meet them, create your own upon meeting"

I'm sure i'll get shit posted for dropping names but that quote has always stuck with me. I love that moral
[close]

What the fuck is the point you're trying to make? That you learned to base your interpretation of people after you meet them? Cool, welcome to adulthood, where your maturity will age as well as your student loans.

Daryl got on Habitat just before 2010's Origins and right on time to be completely rendered null by Austyn. Fuck, Tim O'Connor's three tricks in that are better than anything I've seen Daryl do. But that's not the point: The point is there's evidence Daryl committed domestic abuse, that Bubblegum Tate deleted a thread as a favor to Daryl (enabling him), who stated he may address this issue in the future, AND Daryl acknowledged that he fucked up in an Instagram post plugging his last video part. Daryl has yet to come forward and edited his post to remove any mention of past discretions.

It doesn't matter how good he might be or what contributions he may have made to skating, Daryl needs to speak about committing abuse.

damn lol i edited that shit so quick... how did you still have that post up. and lol you literally pushed what i said into an agreeable statement. yes, i absolutely do create my own opinions on people AFTER I meet them. seems like posting in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" and bringing up adult logic is just CRAZZZZY right?
skateboarding will never grow out of a ferrel stage ever hmm? yet you want to judge skateboarders when they arent good humans. the fuck you guys put these skaters on peddle stools like they are celebrities. yes it's OUR culture, yet you should never get worked about someone you don't know.

What does this allegation of Daryl Angel affect any of you guys? it doesn't it only affects him and how he is going to move forward about it. you think this allegation will create a bad image for skateboarders? yea fucking right..

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:03:51 PM by ishouldntbehere »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2018, 10:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

damn lol i edited that shit so quick... how did you still have that post up. and lol you literally pushed what i said into an agreeable statement. yes, i absolutely do create my own opinions on people AFTER I meet them. seems like posting in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" and bringing up adult logic is just CRAZZZZY right?
skateboarding will never grow out of a ferrel stage ever hmm? yet you want to judge skateboarders when they arent good humans. the fuck you guys put these skaters on peddle stools like they are celebrities. yes it's OUR culture, yet you should never get worked about someone you don't know.

What does this allegation of Daryl Angel affect any of you guys? it doesn't it only affects him and how he is going to move forward about it. you think this allegation will create a bad image for skateboarders? yea fucking right..
First, enjoy a kook.
Second, Habitat and Nike should drop Dumbo back off to the Circus. He's worthless,have you ever bought his board? I haven't even seen one in real life. He isn't moving forward with it,he shrugged it off...hence this thread and the anger towards him

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2018, 10:39:27 PM »

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) .. this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. I'm not going to go on to say fuck Daryl Angel, i don't know him he doesn't affect my life (this isn't the first time in skateboarding this has happened either). I will say i'm mad disappointed in someone I looked up to. I hope he can turn this around.. definitely start with the drinking problem. also this is from 2016 correct? wheres the update?

Wait until you graduate 8th grade before you enter conversations about grown up stuff next time, OK?

Sad Hippo

« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2018, 10:50:31 PM »

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) .. this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. I'm not going to go on to say fuck Daryl Angel, i don't know him he doesn't affect my life (this isn't the first time in skateboarding this has happened either). will say i'm mad disappointed in someone I looked up to. I hope he can turn this around.. definitely start with the drinking problem. also this is from 2016 correct? wheres the update?

This is Daryl Angel right? Nobody else would be saying this.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:54:24 PM by Sad Hippo »

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2018, 10:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

'pedestals'

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2018, 10:52:10 PM »
I was making fun of your world-shaking epiphany that you should judge others after you meet them, which is exactly what you should do. However, there's a couple points to make based off of that, which affect that logic in this scenario:

1. What do you think the point of this message board is? To talk about pro skaters only after you've met & assessed their personalities?
2. Normally I don't talk shit on anyone (anymore), and I try to only espouse positivity. This is a case that traverses my normal standards because someone close to Daryl has brought up photo evidence of abuse by him and there's been other indicators from Daryl himself that the photos are true. So I'm judging him, harshly, at least until he comes forward in the hopes of bringing about a positive change.

The allegations affect me and the others here because as you said, it is "OUR culture", and I don't want our culture to celebrate a spineless woman-beater. You think confronting him with this wouldn't bring about change? Dive into the Jason Jessee thread.

And if none of this is sinking in because you think I never met him and I have no jurisdiction to judge--I've met Daryl, albeit briefly, in the East Village a couple years back. He was quiet and seemed polite. That is no longer by interpretation of him.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ishouldntbehere

« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2018, 10:55:09 PM »
i dont think he'll lose his sponsors, this is from 2016. He just put out that independent part for habitat. although i dont see any of his decks on the habitat sites atm.

ishouldntbehere

« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2018, 11:02:04 PM »
I was making fun of your world-shaking epiphany that you should judge others after you meet them, which is exactly what you should do. However, there's a couple points to make based off of that, which affect that logic in this scenario:

1. What do you think the point of this message board is? To talk about pro skaters only after you've met & assessed their personalities?
2. Normally I don't talk shit on anyone (anymore), and I try to only espouse positivity. This is a case that traverses my normal standards because someone close to Daryl has brought up photo evidence of abuse by him and there's been other indicators from Daryl himself that the photos are true. So I'm judging him, harshly, at least until he comes forward in the hopes of bringing about a positive change.

The allegations affect me and the others here because as you said, it is "OUR culture", and I don't want our culture to celebrate a spineless woman-beater. You think confronting him with this wouldn't bring about change? Dive into the Jason Jessee thread.

And if none of this is sinking in because you think I never met him and I have no jurisdiction to judge--I've met Daryl, albeit briefly, in the East Village a couple years back. He was quiet and seemed polite. That is no longer by interpretation of him.

I defintely got worked up for a moment there, it was my first post on the site after lurking for a couple years. lol im out of my league trying to portray my views in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" especially when I'm trying to still somehow keep my respect for Daryl. Everyone should speak their opinion thats what this is for... in a way thats what i did.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2018, 11:25:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I defintely got worked up for a moment there, it was my first post on the site after lurking for a couple years. lol im out of my league trying to portray my views in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" especially when I'm trying to still somehow keep my respect for Daryl. Everyone should speak their opinion thats what this is for... in a way thats what i did.

7 easy posts steps on how to focus your account

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2018, 11:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) .. this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. I'm not going to go on to say fuck Daryl Angel, i don't know him he doesn't affect my life (this isn't the first time in skateboarding this has happened either). will say i'm mad disappointed in someone I looked up to. I hope he can turn this around.. definitely start with the drinking problem. also this is from 2016 correct? wheres the update?
[close]

This is Daryl Angel right? Nobody else would be saying this.

I just want to use my fake prophet powers to say that I also think this is Daryl. Even false prophets know that no one looks up to Daryl angel.

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »
For a girl that is a POC and tries to front like she's all about women empowerment, she's a bit confused, wouldn't you say?

Mehh..she's silly.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »
Ryan Lay and Daryl shared a video part in filmbot files I think. Ryan Lay is undoubtedly one of the raddest and probably the overall mvp representative of feel good skateboarding for May 2018 (hopefully longer) Album part, JJ call out, etc.. Lay it on Daryl too fam
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:52:22 PM by LOU.502 »

im probably lying